Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    TBH I doubt I'd even do that, I'll forget it and look forward to TES6 instead.

2. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Mod support will be limited

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Not interested if I can't play solosolo wit randoms blowing me up. Hoping for an actual offline mode

Grimbarian likes this.
  4. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    people should know better. that flying beast has exactly the same movement\pattern as
    a dragon from Skyrim, only difference is the animations.

it looks exactly like Fallout 4 minus the story. the best part of Fallout games was the
    "wanderer atmosphere" or w\e anybody wanna name it. a Fallout game without an interesting
    story at its core, interesting characters and side quests.. meh ;/

looking forward to New California.. and definitely giving up on 76 since Fallout
    will always be a solo experience in my book. the only buddy il ever wanna play with
    is ED-E. that's just my opinion on it :)

disappointing. looks like a big mess and a lazy attempt to copy-paste Fallout 4
    with more terrian for monster hunting and building crap, minus the good stuff that
    made New Vegas and Fallout 3 shine.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    CalculuS, RealNC and Grimbarian like this.

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Exactly. The moment other players are involved, the whole illusion of "being there" and "being the wanderer" goes away. If the core aspect of Fallout disappears, it's not Fallout anymore, is it. As soon as a real person opens their mouth, it ends there.

To me it seems that, by definition, a Fallout game cannot possibly be multiplayer. And the same goes for a TES game too. The only possibility I can see where you can have a Fallout or TES game with multiplayer and it still feeling like a Fallout or TES game, is if you don't know that the characters you meet are real people or not. But I don't see how that would be possible from a game design perspective.

Grimbarian likes this.
  6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I'd love, love, love a Fallout or TES that could be played wholly in coop so I could play it with my wife but other than that I completely agree with your comments.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/8qc88i/todd_howard_clarifying_fallout_76/

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    If you can disable Pvp then I'm interested, if not, no.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Well, that's my interest in it killed, I will be going with Rage 2.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah.
    As far as Bethesda's upcoming lineup... I'll be getting RAGE 2, DOOM Eternal and Wolfenstein: Youngblood.

But, Fallout 76, I won't get it unless they make some very specific announcements regarding playing "solo".

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti

So, while I love NoClip's videos... this one just makes me sad.
    Seeing this massive world, all these cool new enemies and weapons. And... yet... online only. No offline, no private mode...

It's just horribly disappointing.

Kolt likes this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Maybe someone will mod the game to be offline singleplayer *awkward laughing*

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Aye but without NPCs the world isn't that interesting anyway, Fallout has never been simply about monster killing, it's the interesting human characters you meet along the way, as well as the raiders and similar human enemies you have to watch out for.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    If only bethesda could write interesting characters to save their life......

The android PI was the ONLY remotely interesting character in fo4, other than that i wanted to kill the rest.

There are mod companions that are more interesting than the in game ones, with more dialogue, better dialogue and they actually useful. And they got their own personal quests, i had to check to see when i had fired up the game and ran across a companion i had not seen before and was like wow did i miss this NPC first time through? it was a mod companion i had dld at some point and found her randomly exploring the world, 150% better than the bethesda efforts. A mod truely worth a donation for the effort that went into it and the voice acting and recording was pro level work.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    So I wanted to try finishing Fallout New Vegas after all this Fallout 76 news aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ohh that's right I forgot I literally actually physically cannot.

[​IMG]

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @KissSh0t same with no mods? I have it on steam and don't have that error.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    It's solo with forced ganking ^^

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I have it on Steam and don't use mods and the game crashes, I then read the GOG reviews for the game where some people said it doesn't crash so I got that and it still crashes... I guess I'm never going to be able to finish it, It never used to crash when I played it before, but I had Windows Vista at that point, Ohh well.. maybe Bethesda will release a remaster one day.

*edit*

Here is my save files, I'm in a little encampment area, and I'm trying to go to where the arrow is pointing me to do the mission, but every time I go towards it, about half way towards the big building, the game crashes.

*editit*

Deleted my save file, decided to start the game from the very beginning.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'll try it out soon and PM you.

Grimbarian likes this.
  20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Fallout 76 will not release on STEAM.

They say it "could" release on Steam at a later date, but, at release... it will only be available on Bethesda.net...
    Which, is another nail in the coffin on this one for me.