1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    https://twitter.com/AshTwoAshes/status/1077304312961871872

KissSh0t likes this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow, that's pathetic. Good job Beth, you guys replaced Ubi in my publisher sh!t list and I really didn't like those guys for being obsessed with DRM.

Kolt likes this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    all the big publishers it seemed had their wtf moment this year.

EA/dice with battlefield/front they shorted 300 million or so.

Blizzard with the con and what you do not all have phones moment? Insulting idiotic but not really defcon levels of get fd.

bethesda and their cash grab greed moment, which seemed to lead to a cascade of f ups. Which is STILL rattling on.

What a timeline.

Kolt and lucidus like this.
  4. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I'm one of those who think that Bethesda eventually plans to release paid mods or "mini-DLCs", like what they did with the Creation Club. Free mods would be detrimental to their future money-making plans so they need to put a stop to it at all cost.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The way I see it Bethesda have looked at the absolutely immense amount of people downloading mods for Skyrim on Nexus Mods and then gone "how do we monetize that?".... we then saw them trying to turn modders into a form of income with the whole paid mods debacle on steam, when that blew up in their face they then went and made the creation club for Skyrim and Fallout 4, those being single player games meant they couldn't control people the way they wanted because people could still download mods outside of creation club, which then leads to Fallout 76, which in retrospect is a rushed product that I believe was made because they want to control mods and in tern sell "official" mods.

Kolt likes this.
  6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Bethesda execs killing mods, circa late 2010's

[​IMG]

Their open world games wouldn't have anywhere near the online presence or popularity without the PC modding scene. Just look at the games that have come out since the start of this console generation, they've been left behind and I don't see any improvement on the horizon. Every piece of news that comes out seems to affirm the rot that's in Bethesda.

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
  8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Why do people even continue to order crap related to Bethesda Games?

This is why they continue to do this, cuz people keep buying their crap.

Stop supporting, so there is no need to complain.

Let them run out of business.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Sorry, but that kind of logic makes no sense.
    Why would anyone want them to go out of business?

Fallout 76 was a disappointment, a mistake... and a big misstep. Yes.
    But, even with that, you know for a fact, when Starfield is released... it will sell insanely well. Same with Elder Scrolls 6.

And even then, as long as they keep publishing titles like DOOM, Wolf, PREY and DisHonored... they are not going to have any problems financially.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Fallout 76 being offered for $19 along with the elite controller, this is Australian prices on JB HI-FI website.... kinda interesting.

[​IMG]

I just got a PowerA Xbox One Sandstorm Camo controller, it's pretty cool.... xD

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @KissSh0t How much for red dead redemption 2?

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ

KissSh0t likes this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    $79, I don't have a console though, I got the controller for my pc.... xD

Looks like this Fallout 76 special is for all controllers not just the elite, I guess JB HI-FI have lots of left over copies.

[​IMG]

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol they'll be keeping it at check out counters like candy any day now :D That's a nice controller ... I had a lunar white xbone controller but had to replace it with the ordinary black one. Still, great controller. Welcome to the Flexible PC Master Race :p

KissSh0t likes this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I had the Logitech F310 Wired Controller but it's kinda crap for new games but it was really cool for retro emulator games xD

Does that mean Fallout 76 is junk food now :T

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Junk, yes. Food? I wouldn't recommend it :p

16. bubz

bubz New Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    I cannot launch it since release, getting an launcher error.

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well surprise surprise, another day another price drop, cdkeys now has the PC version for £9.99, and you can get 3% more off by checking out their FB page for a discount code.....this lift it seems will just not stop. lol

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    I think anyone actually interested in buying the game, would have by now. An extra pound or two isn't going to make any difference.

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    this thing needs to be put out of its misery.

bethesda is kinda fd tho, if the game drops to 5 dollars because noone will touch it, but if they they say f it make it f2p tomorrow, anyone that paid anywhere near retail is going to be pissed.

but if they just ignore that and try to let it ride that is going to anger people also.

i say pull the game take 3 4 months bust ass fixing and improving the thing and relaunch it. just yank the servers down, until then. if they do it properly at lest make the game playable, and improve some game systems and decisions. they could relaunch in a "clean slate" state, in that it has not been an endless trainwreck of gaffs since 76 launched. a month or two breather from all this would do bethesda and the game some good.

kinda what WB/rocksteady did for arkham knight they simply pulled the entire game took a few months got it playable and relaunched it. worked out decently for that game. and whatever beth is doing now is not working.

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Yeap, and that is the catch 22 this game is in now, why buy the game today when you can wait another day and see if it drops again, i for one would buy it for £10 but why should i when it is dropping so consistently, i may as well wait at this stage and see just how low this thing can go, and i doubt i am the only one doing this. lol