Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I got Destiny 2 for free a few weeks ago when they were giving it away for free over the weekend. :)

XP-200 likes this.
  2. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    It's interesting to see how (with all the price drops) this game is actually cheaper than most of it's skins...

cerebus23 and RealNC like this.
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Anyone remember the horse armour in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and all the controversy surrounding that? It was £1.50 from memory which seems like a bargain compared with what Bethesda are asking for Fallout 76 stuff.

Still refuse to buy this broken mess of a game. It looks absolutely terrible in the many YouTube videos I've seen: bland glitchy visuals (most of which look as if they've been taken from Fallout 4) running on a creaky old engine with half-broken gameplay mechanics (since VATS simply does not work in realtime) set in a world that looks lifeless and boring to explore, all topped off with dull fetch quests. It is everything I *don't* want from an open world RPG. How anyone at Bethesda can be proud of this just baffles me. Fallout 76, as far as I'm concerned, perfectly showcases just how low triple A gaming has sunk in 2018.

Definitely will not be pre-ordering any future Bethesda games, especially as their ridiculous review policy means that reviews seldom come out before the game is released.

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    12 bucks for some PNG files that replace the default icons, that no one else but the player sees?

Man, how deep must one sink to offer such content.

KissSh0t likes this.
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    How much must one sink? Crime perhaps?
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/eu...etting-out-of-hand.87611/page-3#post-16047500

[​IMG]

As the quote itself from that post says though I'd imagine not everything in that statement is quite accurate and some might be outright fabricated:

But the bit about the banking crimes is a thing apparently.

RzrTrek, cerebus23, KissSh0t and 3 others like this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Then again microtransactions and aggressive strategies to promote and market in-game purchases or in-app purchases is a thing overall these days in multiple games. Some are a bit more reserved on what they offer and the pricing and others go all out like Fallout 76 here seems to do selling outfits for upwards of 30 Euro/US Dollar/Pound and things like holiday themed emotes for 24 now discounted to 12 EUR/USD/GBP which is ridiculously expensive.

And the rumors about purchasable loot boxes coming in some later updates from data mining newer patches and what these contain references to for future content additions.

10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I had to look that dude up...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._Altman

Wow. And he pushed out the co-founder of Bethesda Softworks to top it off. I'm really starting to understand just how this is all blowing up now.. it's just another money focused "gaming company" ran by people who don't play games at all. They are really no different than EA/Activision/etc. I seriously despise how this is becoming the trend. Being AAA at this point is a joke.. I understand how capitalism works and all.. but damn.. I miss the days when studios were ran by devoted gamers themselves. The end product shows :/

I feel bad for the good developers out there stuck in these hell hole companies.

TheDeeGee, lucidus, SpajdrEX and 3 others like this.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    More time and money for decent games instead of idiots who treat us like cattle for shareholders. I wonder if whales will carry this mess forward or the vault will be filled in soon? :p

RzrTrek and Kolt like this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    When is there going to be some actually good news regarding this it honestly feels like watching a slow crashing train....

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The 76% off sale?

14. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    The interesting part in all of this is that Zenimax is the original Bethesda, and the current CEO of Zenimax is an accountant/solicitor who effectively fired the creator of Bethesda, and took over.

The current head of Bethesda Studios, Todd, was not one of the creators, and had joined the company much later. Todd had been put in charge of designing Redguard, which was in fact a 3D action/adventure with no RPG elements. Redguard's failure, in addition to that of Battlespire's, led to the company almost going bankrupt and having to bring in the current CEO as a partner. So, there might be some truth in all of this, but I won't let a single game with bad reviews or obscure forum posts be the judge of anything.

Anyway, back on topic, got a few hours in yesterday, and it's been okayish so far. Still seems a bit strange when compared to Fallout 4, and performance is all over the place. So, I'm going to have to set everything on low, and work through the settings until I figure out what's causing the performance to suddenly drop at times. Having observed Afterburner readings in-game, my very early guess would be that there's a memory leak somewhere, because stuttering seems to be directly linked to memory usage - which has been as high as 13 GB?

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Try doing this.

16. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Already have, and it works. :D

Video to follow! :p

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well F76 is now at a new low, pc version can now be had for £11.99 right now from cdkey...........just how much lower can it go before it becomes ftp. Lol

18. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    interesting read. didn't know Bethesda's history, i actually thought Todd was one of the founders.

if this stuff will affect directly on the quality of Starfield\ES6 than its another big step towards the new
    Sony console when its available. since Valve isn't making anything new for years, BioWare has been
    eaten by EA.. i really hope it won't come to Bethesda's making a Moba in space and ruining the ES6.

i also didn't know 76 was this buggy.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Looks like some people have been banned for using mods, one being the ultrawide fix.....

[​IMG]

I guess it really is up to Bethesda to fix the game.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  20. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    And they're giving away Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics if you buy 76. You can taste the desperation.

If this is true, Bethesda is dead in the water. The only reason people still play Bethesda games is the modding community.

It is quite bizarre that their customers -- gamers -- know what's best for their franchise and yet they are somehow unawares. You only need to ask what your customers want, and a total of no-one asked for a multiplayer MMO version of Fallout.

I've spent 3 years modding Bethesda games. And yet I sincerely hope they reach rock bottom because unless they do, the crap will continue.

lucidus and cerebus23 like this.