1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I wonder if this will end up free to play.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Depends if the microtransactions in the game are "mandatory" enough to buy and which enhances gameplay to a certain degree.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    why would it not? they already got a store in game, they just need people to play to get people to buy their garbage. simple as that and if the game is selling at 15 20 bucks already you could not do worse to slap a free to play label on it other than the pr flack of doing it so soon after release.

they got two options with the game well three, if they want to save the game they keep working on it, they can try no mans sky or destiny it and keep patching it till it wins its meager playerbase over, and gets a second chance at life. free to play allows players to drop in and drop out, and with a few whales can net you more money in sales than selling heavily discounted units. or they can cut their losses and bail out.

i think it will go free to play in a few months, the game will keep dropping in value until that one "miracle" update drops that fixes everything, and they do not have a great track record when it comes to patching their games period.

delicious irony that this could have the potential to force them to see that their engine is garbage and needs a redo. since they are now forced to work on 76 in all likelihood. which is jamming network code on an ancient and archaic engine.

4. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    scatman839, lucidus and Grimbarian like this.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    None, i am waiting until i think the games price has gone as low as possible, i have gave it a £9.99 limit, then i will grab the xbox version and take that hit for 10 quid, because there is no point spending any more while the games price is in freefall across all the formats, it is all about grabbing it now at the lowest price. Lol

6. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    I was mighty tempted to to pick it up at £15 today, but I'm going to hold out a little longer.

Hey Biggie,

I''ll add you if I pick it up in the next few days.

XP-200 likes this.
  7. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    This game literally couldn't look less interesting. I didn't even finish Fallout 4 because it got boring grinding those XP. I am a huge fan of Skyrim though.

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    £15.69 at cdkeys right now for the pc version, plus if you go to their facebook page you can get 3% extra off code. ;)

BlackZero likes this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I thought you already had it, I fee lied too.

*stares off into the distance*

Grimbarian likes this.
  10. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Yup ;)

Oh, sorry! :D

With the single player games, I never really even consider XP. Just play the games with the story or what play style I enjoy most, and level up the skills I want as I go along.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018

11. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    well i saw some user reviews last night, after the latest big patch. also browsed this topic
    and saw what people say about the game.

it looks to me like the final product is passable. i will wait for Starfield\ES6 and continue with PUBG for a while.

thanks for the help.

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Another day another price drop, cdkey are now selling the pc version for £13.57 right now, and you can get a 3% off code from their face book page.

It is getting close to me grabbing a copy, but we shall see who low it can go. Lol

And on the very same site you can grab F4 Goty for £12.99. ;)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    cerebus23 likes this.
  13. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    This is a bit like being a stock trader.

No, wait, wait. A little bit longer. :D

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Yeap, i think the game is in a catch 22 situation now, such quick price drops are stopping people buying the game as they wait to see how far it drops in price. Lol

BlackZero likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    That means Fallout 76 is now cheaper than a white paint texture for the power armor, that's kind of funny.

They really should make it free to play if the mods.......... I mean microtransactions are priced as much as full games.

XP-200, Grimbarian and cerebus23 like this.

16. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Here is the way I look at it.
    How much are you willing to pay for a broken game.
    Me? Not much.
    Plus it's a loot and shoot with no story.
    And if the servers go down, you ain't playing.
    Doesn't matter how much you paid.

Kolt likes this.
  17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^I had set myself a £9.00 limit for this game for the xbox retail version, just because if it does go FTP then i can al least trade the disc in towards something else, no matter how little i got, but at this stage and the way it is dropping i have now moved my price even lower just because of how quickly it is dropping across the board. lol

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Destiny 2 was on Humble Monthly and even had to be given away for free and that's a much better game. Save your money :p

XP-200 and cerebus23 like this.
  19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^I got D2 free with my GTX1080, or did i, considering the cost of a GTX1080. lol

20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz