Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    When it offers nothing that I want in a Fallout game, let alone any game... how is it "better"?

lucidus, SpajdrEX, cerebus23 and 2 others like this.
  2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    LOL best reply ever!

lucidus, cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You have more likes so I guess you're more liked than him? Says it all really ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Grimbarian likes this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Try to keep the thread about the topic instead of going after each other.

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Balancing the game might actually require making some things more difficult to get. If you make everything trivial, you get a more boring game. However, when there's in-game purchases in play, then every balancing tweak you make that makes things more difficult will be perceived as an attempt to increase the grind in order to get people to pay up.

That's what happens when you hijack your own game with in-game purchases. And frankly, I have no sympathy for you in that case, even if your changes are legit balance improvements. Even if the backlash to a balance change is unwarranted, you kind of were asking for it.

6. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

The world doesn't revolve around you, so what you want doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else. So, clearly, that's a fail in logic.

As for what I like about the game. It offers what I consider an open world, something 99% of others games don't offer in exactly the same way. Is that my opinion, absolutely. You have yours.

Anyway, people who have actually played the game or even have a genuine interest in the franchise obviously appear to be in the minority here. So, not sure why some keep bothering to post n this thread when they have nothing constructive or positive to add, after all that's what's usually called flaming or trolling.

Probably explains why anyone with a genuine interest is hesitant to post in this topic. Having said that, and taken a short look around this section of the forums, I notice the same people behaving in a similar manner in other topics. Fortunately, they have now been identified and reside in my ignore list for future reference.

Perhaps the forum moderators should look into this.

7. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i didn't play the game but from what iv seen so far online the bad reviews are understandable for me. iv played
    over 1500 hours in Fallout games, several times in New Vegas and 3, and twice in the fourth game.

the reason im passing on 76 is that i believe Fallout should be played solo. when i play with friends
    it becomes a different experience.

so 76 can be an awsome game after some changes, patches.. i think its a mistake as a Fallout game. that's my thoughts on it.

BlackZero likes this.
  8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I know there's a lot of negativity, but I'm just trying to keep up with the latest gaming news and just so happens that Bethesda made a big mess.
    Also I don't want to persuade you or deny you the right to enjoy your game, but I'm just curious to what games you were referring too?

9. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    scatman839 and lucidus like this.
  10. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I always knew that you are special.

How do you do this? What's the secret?

Grimbarian likes this.

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I think my reasons were listed in the post you quoted. Please re-read it.

As for listing out games by name, you don't honestly expect that, do you?

Sufficient reading and writing skills?

Welcome to my ignore list. :)

Edit.

It's amazing how insecure so many posters are.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    (Backs out of thread quietly)

Kolt likes this.
  13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Who said I was speaking for other people?
    I was not. I was asking for my own, personal opinion.

Grimbarian likes this.
  14. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Your choice in words and use of quotations made it seem that way.

15. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I have been playing and having fun despite the games many flaws, bugs and Beth's general incompetence in marketing, development and bug squashing. If you like to explore and craft stuff then this game will scratch those itches and some others. I have played about 20+ hours (roughly) and the game feels a lot like the Horizon mod for FO4 with its extensive crafting and focus on bases as resource producers (once you have the perks/scrap etc).

As I play there are plenty of reminders of the game's clunkiness...but all the jank can be overcome and tends to fade as you progress and explore. While reading player reviews/posts I feel many expected the classic FO experience and hate on that fact alone despite knowing ahead of time that this was not the case. I knew what I was getting into and am enjoying playing...honestly, it feels like the best wasteland of all the FO games I have played (FO3 on) due to the fact that there are no other people around and the terrain is so diverse and varied. A wasteland should be empty...its a wasteland. (However, there should be a hub or a few settlements with NPCs that trade or give side quests or something).

I am at the point where I would cautiously recommend this to players who are into exploring and crafting. Outside of that it is not recommendable until the game's biggest issues are addressed...a better thought-out PvP, stability/performance improvements, higher building/stash weight/storage, and QoL stuff for us on PC (yay, FoV patch tomorrow I think).

BlackZero likes this.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Unless I clarify, always assume... I'm speaking for myself only.
    I have no place to speak for anyone else.

And, I was honestly asking... you said Fallout 76 was better then 96% of the other games out there. For me, F76 offers nothing I want in a FO experience, or any game. So, from my perspective... how would it be better then anything else out there?
    You say that, but you as well are only speaking from your own views and opinions. Thus, your statement doesn't hold up when compared to other people's views, taste and opinions.

Grimbarian, XP-200 and cerebus23 like this.
  17. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

That right there is circular logic, and proves your statement makes no sense.

Anyway, I would very much like if this thread could get back on topic now.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Huge price drops (~60%) on the physical copy of the game in Sweden less than a month after release. I guess sales must have been a fraction of what Bethesda expected.

19. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    So Fallout 76% off will soon be an actual thing lol

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i love me a bit of forum drama but openly defending this game is like defending theresa may at this point lol

did i make the ignore list??? i love being on lists me!