Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm going to hold off on final judgement until the E3 showcase.
    I've seen plenty of rumors about Bethesda games that built things up to be horrible... only to be the exact opposite.

Because, for every one rumor that's correct.... there's about ten other "people" that worked for someone, or knew someone... or did something and now they know all this info.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    What if it's like Fallout 4, but with the ability to randomly come across other players, random encounter style of Multiplayer, that could be kind of interesting if implemented correctly, with shooting each other not being the only option, but also trading between players, talking with other players, and doing a hard quest with another player.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I personally do not want anyone else to possibly mess up my progress in a single player game.

But then, I seem to be a minority based on the feedback on this.

CalculuS likes this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    If it's setup like Dying Light, where I can turn off any MP crap and just play it alone... I'll be great.

RealNC and KissSh0t like this.

5. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Hello piratebay - many people will buy original game and help themselves with high costs other way. Mark my words.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Replace Car with Horse.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    If bethesda goes full online with their games going forward, who will fix their buggy games? They never do that skyrim has been remastered and ported and they fixed exactly no bugs.

Wo the modding community noone would be playing skyrim or oblivion in the numbers that those games still get, hell fallout 4 would not have many players if not for the mods, not like the game lends itself to multiple play throughs.

If they do see this mp stuff as a backdoor reason to ban mods for CC i think that will hurt them and their games. So we will see if this becomes a trend and how fans react i think not well.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

11. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    country music.....wonderful....minus 3 off its score out the gate ;p.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Fallout 76 is four times the size of Fallout 4... wow.. I haven't even explored all of Fallout 4 yet.... that's crazy..

*edit*

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  14. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Oh wow, this has potential if done right.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Very disappointed. This looks like it will not be a Fallout game after all. It looked like that if you play solo, it's going to be a big empty nothing. No NPCs to meet, no followers, no nothing. Just generic quests you get from the vault overseer.

Hope I'm wrong, but since the footage they showed didn't show any conversation between the main character and NPCs, no towns or settlements... It really, really looks like a big map full of nothing if you play solo. Which is not what Fallout is about.

Also, since Vault 76 opens 25 years after the bombs, there can't be any towns or settlements or communities like in previous Fallout games. These things started happening much later.

And, since it's online, modding will be completely out of the question. And modding is a very important part of Fallout 3, NV and 4. Without mods, these games aren't as good.

So I don't think I'm wrong. It does indeed seem that this is not the Fallout game I was hoping for. It looks like a victim of the new goddamn "online experiences" trend.

CalculuS likes this.

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Many more questions, so few were answered during their conference.

Some of my thoughts are reflected above by RealNC:

1) So, apparently it's "playable solo". Ok... how? It's an online game, but the way they describe it makes it sound like it's an ALWAYS online type of game. Now, they did NOT say that it IS always online, per se. But they DID present it in such a way (or at least, it was my perception of it). So, we don't ACTUALLY know if it's ALSO playable OFFLINE while an Online mode would be separately selectable in the game's menu, for example.

2) Now, assuming (for now) that it IS, indeed, an Always-Online type of game, then what DOES it mean to "play solo"? Are you... alone, but online? So, similar to Diablo 3? In your own online "Session"? However, if it IS possible to play OFFLINE solo, properly so (without being online) then I STILL wonder about a couple of things (more on that below).

3) Assuming here for a moment that it IS playable offline. Ok. That would be cool. So, then what kind of world interactions WILL there be, if any? In their presentation, they did make it look like the game is VERY focused on multiplayer play. BUT... they did NOT show any "Hub" (Diamond City or Megaton-styled places where you can buy/sell and speak to NPCs, get quests, and so on). So, do we HAVE to build those hubs ourselves? If we DO have to build them ourselves then WHO is the vendor? Do actually get to BE the "NPC" as well...? Do we literally have to just "find it ourselves" and craft everything all the time without actually selling / vending ever? So, for that, there's a BIG lack of information right now.

4)
    Is it ONLY co-operation based? Or will there be "PvP"? IF there is PvP, will it be 'free for all', shoot first ask questions later for everyone from the get go? Will PvP be based on customized filters for social interactions like "Never accept PvP requests" or "Enable World PvP" and so on? (If they FORCE open world PvP without the option to IGNORE it, or without the option to only accept specific PvP requests then count me out of the online mode, for sure).

5) IF it's "only" PvE, then how are different "Groups" of players' interaction handled? Do we still have some sort of "Factions-based" conflicts going on in other ways? A 'settlement' war by building somewhere before another group? o_O ... that wouldn't make much sense anyway. My gut feeling is that it WILL be possible to PvP, but their implementation of PvP WILL make or break this game's online mode. Will there be "Clans"? Will ANYONE at any point be able to 'turn against' other players? Or will it require very specific conditions?

6) Concerning something OBVIOUS here that probably a lot of people have on their mind (well, I do): WHAT do you actually DO in Fallout 76? Of course, we explore. Ok. Then, we scavenge / gather resources / materials. Ok. Then we (most likely) use the building system to create a base / settlement, etc. Ok. And hummm... what... else? Is there an actual Narrative going on? Is there a STORY going on? Is the Vault's Overseer part of anything about a possible story? What is (or are) the INCENTIVE(s) for progression and exploration? Is it REALLY just about meeting real players online and just 'doing stuff' randomly without an actual "real" goal? And this goes directly to the nest point below...

7) What DO you do... ESPECIALLY solo? What ARE the available world interactions when playing solo? So far, the game's obvious centerpiece IS the fact that it's basically Bethesda's first take on multiplayer in those types of games they make. The game IS clearly built from the ground up as a game to be played with (and against?) other real players in the world doing their own things. So, let's say that you CAN play solo... BUT... you HAVE to be online (I.E. cannot be attacked, PvP mode turned Off on you specifically similarly to... say... how it works in GTA5 for example).

Ok, at that point, what DO you do? The question stands regardless of how much I try to cut it. If there ARE, in fact, NPCs giving quests outside (other than the Overseer of the Vault), then HOW do quests work IF there are other players going around whom MIGHT also be doing the exact same quest than you? If you play "solo" BUT you meet them, is it some sort of a "shared" questing system? Where events will be instanced? Or if a quest says "Go reclaim X Bandits camp" and you get there and realize another group of players are doing it... then what happens?

8) This is a MAJOR one. IF this game is, indeed, always online... then MOST attempts at custom modding will be a thing of the past. The ONLY two ways I can see that mods would "still be possible" for Fallout 76 is if: º There's an actual offline mode that does not require to connect to any server whatsoever, and º If we HAVE to be online we can HOST our own server with OUR own custom settings, .INI changes and Mods and make that 'private' / 'friends only', etc. But that's IT, there's NO other way. Now, assuming that there is NO actual offline mode per se, and that hosting our own server wouldn't be possible at all then for the first time ever in their major games we can say goodbye to actual modding the way we've known it (at least on PC) since Morrowind. Now, THAT possibility would KILL the game for me.

8.1) (This one just came to mind) What about LOOT. How DOES looting work when playing online? If ONE person kills a Bandit, and the Bandit has loot in his inventory... what happens? Who gets it? Everyone in the "group"? JUST the one player who KILLED the Bandit? JUST the one player who CLICKS (or presses "E" to interact with the corpse) first? "First arrived first served" rule? "Shared" loot? Instanced-based Loot? (that would be like Diablo 3 where in the presence of multiple players there's a loot table for each one player individually, and no one can even SEE the loot you get, and vice versa) ... etc.

----------------

So, there's an actual crap ton of missing specifics about the game. I have so many questions right now that I can neither be excited about it or be upset. I'm simply very concerned about a lot of aspects. But, from what I CAN see and understand of it for now is that it does look like Fallout 76 is indeed NOT a 'proper' full-fledged Fallout game. It looks like Fallout 76 is more of a multiplayer experiment than an actual Fallout game. But there's a bit of hope that MUCH more information will come in the next couple of days. I hope for that.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I hope its like Dying light, you can play coop with mates but also open up/join other players. Swear i saw something about dedicated servers. We definitely need more info, however i know some Fallout suckers who will be pre-ordering this friday! Bit silly considering we know pretty much nothing about game!

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I've gone from not interested, to interested to not interested, reading that only the monsters are AI and all human characters are "real people" completely sucks. Fallout with coop I'd be happy with as long as it still had NPCs but the way it's been described sounds like you run around killing monsters and that's about it, that's not what Fallout is all about!

AndreasGuido and KissSh0t like this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    That is how I feel too after going over all the new information about it.... it's a bit disappointing, it just means it's now the type of game I will watch someone else play on youtube.