1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout 76 is online-only

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Bethesda Game Studios director Todd Howard took the stage at Bethesda’s annual E3 press conference and relayed the message that Fallout 76 is going to be an online-only survival RPG, that's...

Fallout 76 is online-only

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    And for one brief moment i thought were were going to get Borderlands style coop mechanics in a new fallout game, but alas. :(

3. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    in before fallout battle royal.

Solfaur likes this.
  4. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB
    If you have the option to play on a private server and only invite people that you want to play with it could be all right. Depending on game mechanics, how it scales with fewer people on a server, performance issues, etc... I could see it potentially being fun. It's early, but so far I'm thinking of it as a separate game that is set in the Fallout universe, not as a full on 100% Fallout title.

airbud7 and 386SX like this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix Gaming
    I thought he said you can play it by yourself?

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    Elder Scrolls Online... Online Single Player game with a Lot of Bystanders.

Or maybe they fixed that thing with players not being able to help/play quests with others if they already finished them. And are shown only as some Light clouds in quest areas.

I would not mind ARK like sandbox from Fallout environment. It would actually be great. But I have bad feeling about Fallout Online being just ESO skin.

airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.
  7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    You can. In the same way you can play pubg alone or ff14 alone. Still other randoms around you.

Game will be wrecked when you get big roving bands of people cooperating to ruin everyone's game and blow everyone up

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Online only, single player deprecated.

That crap again...:(

9. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Oh boy, multiplayer crap again.

10. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    ECS GT430
    Another one bites the dust

CalculuS likes this.

11. spajdrik

spajdrik Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX
    That was fixed long time ago, game is in much better shape now (surprisingly!).

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Fucking hell man, you can bet that this WILL BE A BATTLE ROYALE of some sort. Battle Royale is to games what RGB is to new computer hardware. You don't have it, you don't exist.

[​IMG]

13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
  14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/8qc88i/todd_howard_clarifying_fallout_76/

Netherwind likes this.
  15. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    Eh, I still got Starfield and ES VI to look forward to. I was hoping there'd be more single player options to 76, but, outside of that when it comes to Fallout looks like I'll just be waiting for Fallout 5 , which I'm sure will eventually be a thing unless between now and five years from now the company goes belly up. I'm not buying, due to the production of the former two titles, that they're going away entirely from single-player, like a lot of people are fretting.

16. illrigger

illrigger Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    "Trying not to make it 'grief-y'", eh? If you have PvP, you will have griefing. It takes a special kind of a**hole to be a griefer, and that particular type of sociopathic sub-human's most defining trait is persistence in finding ways to invoke suffering.

This is why the nuking mechanic is so troubling. There WILL be groups of people who after a few months do NOTHING but nuke whatever you have taken the time and effort to build - no matter how insignificant. They could make nukes cost $100 in real money each, and it would still happen.

Which I guess is why the world is so much more f**ked up in the other games than this one - griefers spent the first 25 years after reclamation day nuking everything.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Yeah, i have all the previous fallout games... i won't be getting this... it's like beth doesn't listen at all to their core customers, or they simply don't care, and just wish to ride the mmo / online survival game wave, and profit on it - fack it if they alienate their usual customers.

18. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    To be honest, if it something like borderlands, it's not that bad.

As far as they manage to keep strong story line and single player experience intact, and just allow your friend join your game, so you can travel together, it's not bad.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Idk man, this doesn't feel good. If it's forced PvP then you won't be left alone anyway and will always have to fear to get a rocket up your azz instead of enjoying the calm SP aspects of the game.

Solfaur likes this.
  20. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    went AFK for 1 min, "friends" setup fatman under me, so if I move I leave a crater.

Netherwind and Solfaur like this.