Fallout 4 Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RexOmnipotentus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. chris89

chris89 Member Guru

GPU:
    1 bit of video ram pcie
    You may try 16.9.2 for corruption since those drivers worked the best so far on all hardware. I'm running 390X, I too see texture flickering even with 8GB of video ram... texture flickering on ReLive drivers. Are you modded? Since modded Fallout 4 sometimes runs into the texture flickering with too many mods or the wrong combination of mods... Plus I'm suffering from poor performance @ 3200x1800 atm, when it ran fine before I for no reason flashed Limited Power Bios, when DeLimited Power Bios runs smooth at 3200x1800 ultra with mods like ReGrowth Overhaul.

So right now I'm searching around for Crimson 16.1 modded for 4k vrs on GCN 1.1 gpu's like 290/290x/390/390x... My 390X is up to 80GPixel/s & 220GTexel/s so it can handle the high res if power is not a limiting factor...

Card is holding on to power limited bios, even after flashing back to De-limited power bios... Gotta figure out how to get it to work right... I'm thinking a full reinstall of the os and start fresh... Modding is fun but when it starts to run bad, it really sucks haha

If only I had a new system... planning on running a custom chassis by Silverstone if they release it for the SuperMicro X9DRG-QF Dual LGA 2011 Xeon System... The SilverStone chassis will support every single size motherboard and have exceptional features... Maybe it will be called the SilverStone Triumph or SilverStone BOSS... haha

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    Is it normal for the depth of field effect to have kinda a...lined appearance? It just looks like there's horizontal lines, almost like a scanline effect, going through textures and such. I don't know if this has always been there and I'm just noticing it now or if its new but its irksome because I don't know if its just the way this game's DOF looks.

3. chris89

chris89 Member Guru

GPU:
    1 bit of video ram pcie
    Check out my HyperSpeedConfigOverhaul : the lines are from less than Ultra rays.

My config isn't perfect, so let me know how it is and thoughts so I can improve it. All I receive is positive feedback, yet I'm sure it's not perfect. So feedback is highly advised.

Thanks

BTW : Sign Up is free... Scroll to the bottom on registration to continue.

HyperSpeedConfigOverhaul

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21470/?

4. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    I'll check it out, thanks! I should have known the issue was godrays related.