Fallout 4 Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RexOmnipotentus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The reason they haven't is they know that blame lies with them most of the time, the Nvidia blame thing suits them as it buys them time to fix the issue.

Then when they release performance drivers, everyone forgets who they initially blamed and pat AMD on the back.

2. marcoloves360

marcoloves360 Member Guru

GPU:
    S 290x Vapor-X @1090/1475
    i dont know whats wrong on this game im getting 20 fps locked and i dont know why, can someone help me please i tried modify the ini files and didnt help i dont get 100 usage on the gpu and the gpu clock bounces around 700 mhz. wth

edit 1

tried make a new profile on catalyst didnt help aswell

edit 2

got better window mode borderless i get 48 looks like vsync is on? core around 900 still throttle and gpu usage drops. i think is time to give up

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  3. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    funny thing i am seeing and i am sure some others are too

most if not ALL the problems are coming from people with high end AMD hardware ..... hmm

thing is i guarantee my system runs the game perfectly fine at 1200p with TAA too .. some drops from 60 - 45fps that i DO NOT feel or see in game stutters at all.

no stupid silly performance issues with catalyst 15.11

my conclusion is that there are NVIDIA fan boys and trolls all over the place :/

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Only thing bad about gameworks for amd is that they cannot exactly access the source code so it will delay the driver delivery for said gameworks game most of the time.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Then the start of all the troubles is the injection into an already glithy and poorly optimized game, which might kill your performance long before you even get to use the gameworks stuff. That's just the way it reads, as if 'adding insult to injury', where you still start with the injury. Once the game itself runs good and gameworks is the only think crippling AMD and nVidia cards' performance, I see it as the main problem.

Isn't there an option to go without the gameworks stuff, as in getting to the second lowest settings and getting rid of 'god rays'? Or did I misread what people have been posting here?

6. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    When I heard gameworks was being implemented, I decided not to bother with fallout 4 at least not until it's all-in-one edition is released rather than getting it now, having bad performance and needing to spend more money on it's DLC schedule.

I know it means I'll be waiting a couple of years but can you blame me? The game was designed to run on AMD hardware, but like any big budget game moved to PC, gets butchered, sorry, optimised by nVidia for it's initial release.

I suppose if you have the money to burn, getting an nVidia card means you get to play games almost immediately.

What really gets me though is, gameworks, unless it's using features specific to nVidia hardware such as CUDA or PhysX, when it's done right is rather transparent in terms of performance across different hardware. Take a look at MGSV for example.

Anyway I'll stop ranting

7. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    by all means wait if you want to but your just falling for a load of lies and fake comments honest, the game runs fine

8. marcoloves360

GPU:
    im having problems surely not fine i dont even hit 50 fps.

9. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Well frankly it's just a typical Bethesda release. I bet there will be many bugs, glitches and problems with the game which will take 6 months of patches and additional community fixes (looks at skyrim), my point about gameworks though is, I don't see it as nVidia's fault of reducing performance but the developers fault really.

10. jaju123

jaju123 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    I can run at 50-60fps with lighting on high, shadow distance high, and god rays low with 16x tessellation factor at 1440P on a single r9 290. Crossfire would enable max settings but I'm not so hopeful. Looks same as ultra with my settings tho tbh.

11. marcoloves360

GPU:
    i just found whats the problem, is a res bug. when i change to 1080p bam 90 fps then if i change to 1440p it locks 20 fps. what a shame i will have to play at 1080p could be worse

12. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    This is what recommend nvidia's Andrew Burnes in his guide(which btw was removed by nvidia itself,why nvidia why?):

nv_guide
    Texture Quality (Ultra)
    Anisotropic Filtering (16x)
    Anti-Aliasing (TAA)
    Shadow Distance (High)
    Shadow Quality (High)
    God Rays Quality (Low)
    Object Fade (50%)
    Distant Object Detail (High)
    Actor Fade (50%)
    Item Fade (50%)
    Grass Fade (50-75%)
    Wetness (On)
    Ambient Occlusion (On)
    Screen Space Reflections (On)
    Lens Flare (On)
    Depth of Field (Standard)
    Object Detail Fade (any)
    Lighting Quality (Medium)
    Rain Occlusion (On)
    Decal Quantity (High)

Only in webcache I found it:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/fallout-4-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Cool find, thanks for sharing!

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Fury X vs 980Ti

15. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    This game doesn't deserve any money. I can't believe I was actually waiting for its release. It looks like a game made in 2009 and performs like a game that has come from the future. It's ridiculous that those with a Fury X & GTX 980 Ti can run Witcher 3 on ULTRA and GTA 5 on ULTRA smoother than they can run Fallout 4.

You know, I never really cared much for the graphics in this game, it didn't matter if it was graphic designed by a bunch of disfigured potatoes. The leaked images that were posted prior to its release supposedly showing the game running in "ULTRA Graphics" settings clearly indicated it was going to look like that thing that comes out of your anus after you've had food poisoning. I forgot the word.

Anyway... I was excited, because even though it looked like horse-dunk. I was going to buy this to play it for its gameplay and for its story. It's one of those games, graphics didn't matter much. But honestly, it's unethical to expect us to pay money for a game that runs this poorly. The story and the gameplay are not going to feel right when the game runs like crap. I mean if it looks like crap and it runs well, fair enough, we could say they wanted to cater to the general public, or they just made a console game and couldn't be stuffed porting it properly for the PC. Whatever, but you can't do both. You can't make something that looks like it should run on a Core2Duo + HD5000 graphics card, but can't run properly on even the latest graphics cards. It's ridiculous.

#SorryNotSorry #NotBuyingThis #PCGamersMatter

16. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    tbh the whole gameworks thing is nothing but shady tactics. Same goes for Physx. There is basically no reason why this effects shouldn'T be able to run on AMD Hardware.
    And don't get me wrong i generally buy performance so i don't really care if it is AMD or NV. I really hate that things like Mantle and Physx are exclusive features. I don't want consolewars on PC. All i care about is performance.

17. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Once again I completely agree. Excellent explanation on how things are.

Yep. This is how I end up playin Skyrim on GTX760 with OC'ed 3570k while starting on Phenom 955 with 7850 :D Funny thing, same sh@t with Oblivion and Morrowind itself. After every game release I was ending up upgrading my PC. Not cause of those games was a technical or graphical marvel...they kinda are on one hand (kinda, meh...yeah, it's very good)...but on another it was a technical and bugged hell...

18. screwtech02

screwtech02 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390 8gb x3
    This game support eyefinity/surround without a bunch of tweeking of files?

19. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    the only issue i've had over 7 hours last night was needing to set my monitor to 60hz before i boot up the game due to the terminal tabbing out bug where you get stuck. besides that no fps issues and it looks amazing. http://www.twitch.tv/navjack27/v/25006310 proof

EDIT: everything on the highest setting EVEN godrays

20. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    The problem is that the game looks like ass and performs exactly like that. However, my only problem right now is the lack of CrossFire support. I want to play this game in 4K.