Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    The RPG is mostly stripped out, I agree. But it hardly feels like a failed Fallout game, to me at least. Is it as good as New Vegas? No. But it still stands quite strong and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. Been playing every day for weeks. I'm at like 70 hours now and still haven't finished the main quest line. Where this game excels in my personal opinion is the gameworld. Nearly every location has something interesting about it. Random stories and treasures can be found in every nook and cranny. For example, I found a polymer laboratory just randomly looking around, and the second I walk in a robot asks if I want a job. Boom, random quest. There is backstory in nearly every location. Sometimes it's just a random person talking about what they experienced when the crap hit the fan, other times there are full on mysteries that you piece together with the information you find throughout the location. There's often no quest attached to this stuff and no incentive for the player to bother other than for the sake of learning about the world and immersion, which to me is the best part of Fallout.

Even more incredible than the effort that went into the world, is the effort that went into the characters and companions. There are so many freaking companions in this game, and I'm still finding more. And every one of them has a unique problem that you can help them with as you earn their trust. They also all have unique dialogue when entering certain locations and doing quests. Piper is my all time favorite companion in any Fallout game. And that's the only one I've traveled with, in my 70 hours on one freaking character. And I'm STILL hearing her say new things. It's nuts. So yeah, the quests are mostly fetch this item and get reward type things, but I don't care about that. Exploring the game world and fighting enemies is amazing. I do agree that the RPG elements being mostly stripped out is lame, as there's no character "builds". Especially since they made the boneheaded decision of level locking the perks. So you can't even specialize at all. You just pick what's available at that particular level, and become overpowered in the order you feel like on that character. But still, gunplay is fun, weapons feel and sound great, and the mod system is great. Mods will definitely step in here and refine this part of the game, so I'm not too concerned.

But yeah, I could go on for hours. But I'm genuinely enjoying the game world they made. It's just so damn good. I'll be playing this game as much as New Vegas at this rate, and I have 180 hours on that game just with vanilla play.

2. IGotWings

IGotWings Member

GPU:
    I love Fallout 4 and I've been enjoying it from the beginning. What is my secret? I just let it go. After Fallout 3 I had no reason to wait *great rpg*. Deep under the expectations we all know, that Bethesda makes any RPG a complete disaster. And Fallout 4 is complete disaster as RPG. But there are many catchy things in the world, there are also great shooting element and even some 3D minecraft. Yay!

3. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
  4. bruno_amaro05

bruno_amaro05 Member

GPU:
    R9-290X WindForce@1150
    Will they ever fix Fallout 4 shadow distance performance problem!? They have to do something about that, 3 months already and the game still broken. I really dont understand the devs

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    When you start making millions in a matter of days, you will understand the art of not giving a **** :)

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea i liked oblivion, finished it even replayed it once, with a ton of mods.

Never finished skyrim. Because the radiant quest system on paper sounds great but in reality sucks and sucks hard.

And fo4 got to the twist and was once again being driven insane by that awful rqs. Toss in the 4 choice dialogue that gives no choice at all, and having explored most of the map, and now fo4 sits and little desire to even finish that.

Fingers crossed the next fo is obsidian.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I finished Oblivion. Once.
    For the Shivering Isles expansion... and never finished it. I played maybe an hour of it and never went back.

Skyrim, I haven't finished. I've put about 40 hours into it, and, I didn't stop playing because I wasn't enjoying it.
    I honestly just got distracted by other games and have never returned to it. It's still installed.

As for Fallout...
    I've finished Fallout 3. And about half of the DLC, I've played a couple to completion... started another and didn't finish. And didn't even touch the alien themed one.

Fallout: New Vegas... I didn't finish. And never touched any of the DLC, even though I own all of them.
    And I loved New Vegas. But, for some reason, when trying to return to it... I just can't get into it. I played the game like crazy when I first got it, dumping tons of hours into it.
    But trying to continue today just... meh.

With Fallout 4, I'm about 80 hours into it and really enjoying it.
    Yes there are changes from the previous games that are questionable. The dialog system, change to the skill/perk system.
    But, I love the more vibrant color scheme. The world feels more varied and interesting. And the combat is so much better. I did get bored in FO3 and New Vegas relying on VATS so much.
    It's nice to be able to just gun down some people with ease now.

8. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Just thought I'd leave this here.

Nvidia gameworks, eat your heart out. Straight from the AMD driver division, special new graphical effects, exclusive to AMD crossfire systems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXvMOqtyWMI

Don't be jelly now greenteam.

:giggle2:

9. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Lol..if this is with 1.3.47 patch then I assume an AMD drv hotfix is coming ASAP.

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Don't hold your breath for the few of us with CFX.

Steam users are locked in the now official 1.3 version game version (1.3.47 patch).

1.3.47 patch was not a NSA secret: it has been beta for a month.

AMD simply added CFX support for fallout 4 1.2 version nobody played since December.

This CFX only work for users who pirated the game and can use any version including the "fortunate" and outdated 1.2.

Who said pirated games works ALWAYS worst than official?

:bang:

11. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I don't think even pirates use 1.2 anymore. 1.3.x is out for a while, not the latest but there was the beta one before this one? Idk...

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  13. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I know right~!

That is just so so cool....

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    If only Konami were that cool with Kojima, one cool thing does not make up for all the crap they pulled.

Now if they gave up the rights to kojima that might.

16. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    dude even modded dirt into snow...interesting :D

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    @CFX users

AMD had just released the Hotfix for 16.1.1 hotfix driver.

This new driver FINALLY adds real and working CFX support for Fallout 4 1.3 (current version).

AFAIK this is the only change in this new driver.

18. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Told you..:)

19. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    actually, that was more of an exception than a rule. They usually don't fix things this quick. I mean, how long has fallout 4 been out and without CF profile? Yea, that's right....

20. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Biggest issues is the hard locked keys in the game, makes the game very difficulty to play of you are left handed. Having to resort to mods to fix these issues is irritating as every time the game gets updated, the mod is broken. odd how earlier games (skyrim, etc), never had these issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.