Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  2. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Seeing 20s even for a sec is not right for your system (HDD and RAM's speed are the only things that I think may be the reason but still,not 20s..)

Try to set "application control" in NVCP instead of maximum refresh rate and cap fps to 60 (I use Msi AB for that).Also put V sync to OFF ingame and maybe try adaptive in NVCP too.

If I remember correctly you have a 3440x1440 native res, right?
    Because I use max (ultra) settings (sunrays maxed,nothing tweaked) on 1080p and the lowest I rarely see is 50s I think, almost always "stuck" at 60s.
    Tell me your most demanding location.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  3. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi HD7950 Twin Frozr/3GB
    Anyone with NON-16:9 resolutions experiencing stretch?

My monitor is 28" 16:10 1200p and I've been suspecting that the image is slightly blurrier than intended, in the fashion that I may not be displaying the image in the monitors native resolution. I can't really confirm it cause most round things look fairly round in the game but I know for sure that the UI is stretched. Button prompts for controller are stretched vertically into an oval, and all square reticles in the UI are elongated as well.

So essentially I'm getting this: 0 instead of O

No amount of setting aspect ratio/resolution changing in the launcher has any effect.

When outputting to 1080p TV everything is spot on. It's as if the game cannot release the 16:9 aspect when calling for 16:10.

Any ideas?

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Looks fine here with 1200.

5. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    well...

Lone wanderer perk works even with the dog :nerd:

6. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Companion wise, the only one I'd outright recommend using is Deacon (Railroad quest to recruit). He's not obtrusive and while not amazing in a fight he's both passable and a welcome mule for items. He leans toward more stealthy characters mind you, so if you're one of the blazing gun types he might not be ideal.

7. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi HD7950 Twin Frozr/3GB
    No stretched UI elements? And of course I believe you but a screenie showing the square reticle or a button prompt would do wonders for my self-esteem, just knowing that it can be fixed. ;)
    I'm thinking this is maybe a related symptom to the 21:9 "fix". The game displays the resolution fine but the UI will stretch and AFAIK, that can't be avoided. Makes me wonder if the UI is only setup to do 16:9..

EDIT: Thanks for the comment theoneofgod and JonasBeckman

1200p
    [​IMG]

1080p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    The weapon scopes are missing some parts on the sides and the power armor hud too but otherwise 16:10 seems to be working OK here.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    the dog is good as a silent companion, dunno how it is for the rest but i've tried 3 others so far (deacon the longest) and I can see it would get annoying over time hearing them say the same thing over and over

10. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    He is distracting sometimes, however, he's a packmule if nothing else. Maybe a mod will come out to change him from German Shepard to something smaller, maybe a mini version lol (his size is really the only thing that is distracting right?)

11. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Dogmeat v2
    LoL
    :banana::banana::banana:

[​IMG]

12. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    Still too large... :p

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hi

right now using my FULL HD 144 HZ monitor. my 3440*1440 monitor was giving me very low FPS don't know why. i removed it to ceiling yet again.

iam on SSD for this game. and using no page file etc. pure gaming. :(

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Just realised that loot in garbage cans are flagged in red in Diamond City, i.e. you have to steal them rather than take them so your companion will disapprove and if you are caught then NPCs will attack you.

Can someone please explain to me why rubbish cannot just be taken. It has been thrown away for a reason, namely that no-one else wanted it!!! It's not like it actually 'belongs' to anyone! :3eyes:

15. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    @ Mr.Bigtime

General warning..:
    Leave at least few GB for swap file (pagefile), don't read or believe the crap about "better not having pagefile".

@ Darren Hodgson

In this game "scrap" worth so seems..reasonable that they shoot at first sight (lol?)
    if you don't want them to be red(stolen) you need the "take ownership" command(console).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015

16. BeeJAyP

BeeJAyP Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid
    Just something that might possibly work that I did since Skyrim that can also do this bug although much rarer, try spamming the escape key really fast or as fast as you can to open and close the main menu, eventually it should skip whatever animation it was trying to do.

It used to work in Skyrim for me (sometimes you would get stuck mining ore) and does work in Fallout 4 for me. Except one time when I did it when I got stuck putting on power armour it skipped putting me into the power armour but didn't put it on me so it essentially got deleted.

17. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I've experienced no real bugs so far but it's surprising that no mention of a patch has been made by Bethesda; kind of odd they've been silent for a week now.

A major gripe I have is (so far) was when following a NPC during a mission they continue on without you. On one such occasion the NPC beat the mission for me since I was too busy looting. I've missed out on a lot of action between that and when I sent dumb Dogmeat home during a mission and he caught awareness of every raider on his way out. That culminated into the raiders blowing themselves up which is what I assumed what happened since I only heard it.

Plus I kind of miss weapon/armor degradation since it made good finds more precious.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    At 40 hours, the only bugs I've run into... I've seen an NPC sitting backwards in a chair. Twice. That's it.
    No crashes, performance issues, scripting problems or quest issues. This has been, for me personally, the most polished release Bethesda has ever done.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I have had only 1 crash when going into an elevator, the game just closed before the door opened..

Also when it started raining everything went white... I think it was driver related, I quick traveled away and it went normal again, was using the 15.7.1 drivers at the time...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    i dont think this can be called polished when a game thats looks like from 2010 and hitting 99 percent gpu usage at medium settings and frying the gpu to 58 degrees having frames drop by almost half in a closed environment which is inexplicable.while a graphically much more intensivr game like bf4 multiplayer which is the most intensive multiplayer game recently performed much more steadily on my rig.i wouldnt call that polish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.