Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh boy... where was the 'You don't see me' thing? :D

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's a minor difference in filtering as far as I can tell, there's a console command you can use (gr) to tweak the god-ray settings a bit and make easier comparisons in-game. :)

The more useful commands would be:

gr - shows list of available cvars.
    gr info - displays god-ray info on what settings are currently used.
    gr quality 0 - 2 - sets god-ray quality, I only really notice a minor difference in filtering, a value of 3 also works to improve filtering even further but it seems to have minor graphical glitches too so I wouldn't use it.
    gr fog 0 - 1 - toggles Nvidia fog, doesn't work and if you set it to 1 the fog effects all but disappear, mostly noticeable during the white foggy weather condition.

There's other commands too. :)

cl - toggle character lighting.
    (cl on or cl off to enable and disable it, enabled by default, there's also cl rim to set the strength of the effect with 0.02 being default, don't think there's a way to save the config but I like 0.01 better or even 0.005.)

sr (or was it ssr?) - toggle screen-space reflections.
    (Has some settings but they don't seem to do anything, just typing sr by itself toggles them on and off.)

taa - toggles temporal aa or displays available settings.
    (taa on - off to enable and disable it, has a number of settings to adjust strength and stuff like sharpening and blurriness, also has various ini variables so you could make the settings more permanent.)

ssao - toggles screen space ambient occlusion, there's a hbao command as well for hbao+ but it's non-functional.
    (Has some settings as well.)

sao - toggles scalable ambience obscurance and various settings for that.

fxaa - toggles fxaa settings.

There's some others as well but I don't remember all of them at the moment.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's too early, 6 months from now, you will have them in all shapes and sizes (just check skyrim nexus lol). :giggle2:

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Bit too early for mesh mods, even for female characters it'll be a while before you get actual 3D nipples and more importantly a smoother actual body mesh with more realistic proportions. :D
    (With various underwear and non-underwear versions probably popping up too.)

EDIT: But yeah female only outfits and body mods tend to be the more popular.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    They should put their hard work into better environmental textures imho :D

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    last night i was just for the first time in the around URBAN areas and performance was horrible. 4.2 GHZ CPU. 16 GB ram and that my GPU. gosh. who did made this game this way? how is it on consoles anyway?

i must decrease some settings but which? any advices? BOKEH? what is it anyway?

GEFORCE utility of nvidia says set more stuff to medium according to my system. this is not fair.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Start lowering GodRays to low.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Jonas,

How do you adjust the weapon size/hand distance? Eg, in doom 3, g_gunX, Y, Z lets you move the arms/weapon up, down, left, right back and fowards.

The general fov is fine, but the gun size is killing me. Or is it all tied to just fov cmd?:http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/588/?
    [​IMG]
    heres what im after

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  9. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    i sometimes get the occasional dip is fps. most of the time it's 60fps but there are spotty areas where the performance just drops. i have everything set to max except shadow distance and godrays to high. seems to help. the lowest fps it would dip into the 40s. not sure what causes this enormous ~20fps drop but this game engine has some issues.

fyi, the game's auto detect settings set everything to max for me. so in theory it shouldn't have performance issues correct? lol

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

setini "fDefault1stPersonFOV*:*Display" 75 75
    setini "fDefaultWorldFOV*:*Display" 65 65
    (Try what values you think would be good, I simply increased both by 10 but shown here is the default values oh and remove **, it's just there to avoid : and D becoming a smiley when next to one another.)

First one covers first person FOV, second one covers third person FOV, the above commands allows you to scale them independently of the "FOV" console command and by entering the value twice you ensure it does not revert back to default after you close the console window. :)

If you don't want to use the console you could just add them to Fallout4.ini at C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 like this:

[Display]
    fDefault1stPersonFOV=85.0000
    fDefaultWorldFOV=75.0000

(Since it's a Fallout4.ini command and not a Fallout4Prefs.ini command you should be able to override it by adding it to Fallout4Custom.ini instead if you want, it should work to override nearly any cvar in Fallout4.ini but it won't work for Fallout4Prefs.ini - Here's a default value version of both those ini files generated via the "saveini" console command. - http://forum.step-project.com/topic/9309-fallout-4-default-values-for-all-valid-ini-settings/ )

EDIT: To truly alter the gun independently of the field-of-view settings I believe we need the script extender again (WIP - http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1544542-wipz-fallout-4-script-extender-f4se/ ) to do something like this:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59409/?

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Fantastic! Thanks Jonas, much appreciated:)

Also, not sure if posted: Fallout 4 - Texture Optimization Project
    [​IMG]

And this too: bForceIgnoreSmoothness=1, will simply change your lighting quality to medium and does not seem to effect your mouse like it did in Skyrim.

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah ForceIgnoreSmoothness is related to visuals, if you open low.ini in the Fallout4 Steam folder you'll see it's set to 1 there, opening the ini files for medium, high or ultra and it'll be set to 0 so it's something with the visuals.

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Texture Optimization Project is still bugged with texture issues and black textures..

14. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
  15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ok will try

yeah mostly 72 FPS on me. i use 144 HZ monitor and VSYNC on. all max. but sometimes don't know why. it dips to 20 fps then return to normal.

game needs patching. but for now i will lower some stuff. GOD RAYS may be a start point. BOKEH? why not it?

16. reno79

reno79 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming4GB
    I'm really confused why people here with far more powerful rigs than mine are complaining about performance? I play at 1080p default ultra settings (with godrays set to low instead), vsync on and I get minimum 50fps, even in urban areas which seems to be the main cause of peoples concerns. Very confusing to me.

I would however appreciate a patch for game-breaking bugs: terminals for me are always a bit of a "do I/Don't I" as I've been stuck in a few situations (6 times, so far) where trying to open a terminal my character closes in but then just stares at it, no keyboard response. Pip boy is another time when I've entered it and cannot get back out (levelling up then becomes a scary prospect) and the building mechanic is just awful. Erecting walls, no problem, want one at 90 degrees to the last one? Tough luck. I placed a bed in one "room" I had built and it pinged off into space, never to return. Dogmeat also needs a "Get the &%*^ out of my way" command.

17. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  18. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Seeing 20s even for a sec is not right for your system (HDD and RAM's speed are the only things that I think may be the reason but still,not 20s..)

Try to set "application control" in NVCP instead of maximum refresh rate and cap fps to 60 (I use Msi AB for that).Also put V sync to OFF ingame and maybe try adaptive in NVCP too.

If I remember correctly you have a 3440x1440 native res, right?
    Because I use max (ultra) settings (sunrays maxed,nothing tweaked) on 1080p and the lowest I rarely see is 50s I think, almost always "stuck" at 60s.
    Tell me your most demanding location.

19. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Anyone with NON-16:9 resolutions experiencing stretch?

My monitor is 28" 16:10 1200p and I've been suspecting that the image is slightly blurrier than intended, in the fashion that I may not be displaying the image in the monitors native resolution. I can't really confirm it cause most round things look fairly round in the game but I know for sure that the UI is stretched. Button prompts for controller are stretched vertically into an oval, and all square reticles in the UI are elongated as well.

So essentially I'm getting this: 0 instead of O

No amount of setting aspect ratio/resolution changing in the launcher has any effect.

When outputting to 1080p TV everything is spot on. It's as if the game cannot release the 16:9 aspect when calling for 16:10.

Any ideas?

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Looks fine here with 1200.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.