Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Hush i can't cheat time! :p

I only used command for alot of caps and removed weight limit nothing more.

And i might of used commands to give myself the best power armor in-game. :nerd:

2. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I'm glitched out on the Call to Arms quest, when hacking the terminal to restore auxiliary power my character just stays there and doesn't do anything.

Really annoyed at Failout 4 so far, game sucks!

3. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Love the game but is there a fix for the frame drops in cities? I can average a locked 60 fps but in cities fps drops at times and game stutters.

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Use command to complete the game and get Shaun back! :D

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Is there any alternative to the vault suit that you can upgrade?

Just seen suits and other clothing so far, but nothing of real value

Finally got a helmet I can upgrade

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  6. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    manged to get rid of 99.9% of frame drops by upping my overclock to 4.8Ghz.
    i only lose frames now if i'm on a really high rooftop in a big city (and thats only about 57fps).
    also i normally have hyperthreading off at 4.8Ghz as it tends to BSOD, but after switching it back on as recommended by Party Poison its 100% better (had to up my voltage to extreme levels though)

7. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I hope there is another way, I did reduce them a bit by setting prerendered frames at 8.

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    My wife has an Alienware M17x, 8gb RAM and 2gb VRAM I think (not 100% sure), the vramsizetest app came back with 30,592 so I used 30,000 and in a quick test her FPS was improved by around 20%

9. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    still really enjoying the game. about 15hrs in. performance is OK, generally around 60FPS but when it goes below 50 or so it really slows down in cities which is annoying as hell (however i do like how cities are open and not fast travel cells like FO3 and NV, at least in the areas ive been to so far north of diamond city)...the ENB booster helped this a lot, especially after i configured it right. now the game still stays at 'normal speed' when the FPS dip while using ENBs FPS limiter and Vsync. i have been using the 'froce AFR2' tweak which uses both of my cards ~70%, going to try the batman SLI bits to see if this helps even more.

a few things i have noticed...the game is hard leveled. areas of the map or enemies that you arent ready for, you arent ready for. as a result im forced into areas where the enemies can be taken out so easily. wish there was more of an in-between. also, companions are annoying the hell out of me, i generally keep one around to draw some fire and maybe get an enemy or two, but more often than not they just block me while reloading or trying to get cover to use a stimpack. lastly, there should be a tutorial on how to use the workbenches and armor/gun tables. took a lot of monkeying around to get that...still figuring it out.

other than that, im hoping for a centered camera mod soon and still trying out various reshade presets. i like the overall aesthetic of the graphics despite the low-res textures, but the bright nights and washed out days are pretty bad. i found a darker nights mod on nexus which helped a bit, but things still seem too bright.

10. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I'm so happy as **** that level scaling isn't back from skyrim, it was the stupidest ****ing thing ever.

I can't believe people are complaining they are dying because they accept dangerous questions, stop expecting it to play like Skyrim where it holds your hand and tells you of every little danger there might be.

Level scaling is the prime example of casualization/dumbing down (Well floating markers could also be a good one.) of games and should be rid of.

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I've tried the ugrids tweak but the game just crashes constantly with it. Lame.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    You're not alone, it's an issue with the game not your rig.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I'm redownloading the game again, and not going to mess with the ini again, i'm pretty sure that made it even worse.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Not touching anything myself if I get real issues will just shelve the game for now..

P.S Am spending ages trying to sort out the bloody settlements. What happens when happiness reaches 100%? A big party?

(will get party boy perk just in case, and am sure I found some speakers u could craft).

15. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    How do you run the game in windowed fake fullscreen mode?

16. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Launcher settings.

17. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    im not trying to complain, i like it better with un-leveled enemies. i was just expecting it to be more like previous beth games at default/un-modded. i found myself following a side quest where i went from fighting enemies that dropped really easily to fighting enemies that take a dozen head-shots after a few minutes of walking.

i agree with you, enemies shouldnt just level with you since it does ruin the experience, and in FO3/NV and skyrim i played mods that specifically undid leveling as primary features. i was simply surprised at how quickly the difficulty changed by moving a little on the map.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If the launcher does not want to save then in your Fallout4Prefs :

bFull Screen=0
    bBorderless=1

19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Anyone tried the ENBoost? made any difference? Im using a custom config with shadow distance medium and god rays low.

So far no more frame drops or stuttering at all.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    It crashed my game in the middle of a mission, i don't recommend it.

And it didn't help with performance at all.

For it to even work you need to delete rendereroverlay64.dll from steam folder.

EDIT: You're a genius i love you! it's the damn shadow distance cripling the FPS in cities, i've set it to 12k and now it stays around 50fps instead of tanking to 30-40fps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.