Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Oh and there is wireless adapter for xbox one controller out now which you can buy also. If you want to use wireless xbox one controller on pc that is. Costs here around 27€.

2. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    it does help, looks like they're using the cpu to render shadows, i think skyrim did too

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    The difference between medium and high shadows is huge though.

Medium (in the .ini) is 3000, high is 14000.

So it's really noticeable, I boosted mines up to 5000, not much of an impact but about double the distance

Just got the pip boy app working, pretty good, shame you can't have a minimap in game though

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  4. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    The fps is ok-ish in lexington but stabilized better every where else even in diamond city.

Another issue to me personally is when you connect a xbox 360 controller every input is doubled in the menus, E.G. having 2 cram in your inventory clicking once A will eat them both.

Besides that its graphically decent enough looking and animations are a lot better.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yep hope it doesn't take long, IM + DS4 is great, already assigned the PS button as quicksave!

Other mod we need ASAP is to get rid of the lame hit detection crosshair, first thing I did was change the UI to white at 3/4 opacity which helped a lot then disabled the crosshair (always use iron sights) but whenever we hit something that stupid hit detection crosshair comes up :(

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    That's a good point! Never thought about that, until now it had just been the useless guide button.

Didn't know the keyboard could be used in game either

edit, can't get that to work, f5 on the keyboard quicksaves while using the controller, but setting guide to f5 doesn't?

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Thank u guys for gamepad support

And in borderless window mode gives worse performance on me. At your notice.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah its pretty standard I think for games to perform a little worse in windowed mode, still got to render windows in the background.

Another mod we desperately need it to be able to scrap junk in your own inventory, rather than having to travel all the way to sanctuary and drop it on the ground to scrap it. (I know you dont need to drop it on the ground, but storing it means you lose components)

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i am a graphics whore, i love graphics to be on par with latest games, but i decided to change the way i see things,i want to try a game that my friends tell me has a dynamic world where things happen randomly. and after watching a play through and watching how the gunplay is really solid in this game, i'm gonna try to overlook the lack of animations etc, the shooting feels good as in wolfenstein, the movement aswell feels less wooden, more fluid than in fo3. i am starting to like this game actually.i want to explore boston and see how much detail was put into this game.i know i maybe contradicting my self, as i said before some things i couldnt overlook, but the gunplay actually makes up for the other stuff, fo3 gunplay was so ****ty but now actually shooting enemies means purpose and u see legs and hands flying . the guns have weight,the shooting mechanic looks good.

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yeah +1. Gonna fire it up now and hopefully after tweaking some settings perf is better.

Gonna go back to the corvega plant to test.

p.s like your avatar, forca Barca! (I saw them play last month...amazing stadium).

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yeah actually i went there last month, the thing is on tv the stadium looks bigger than it is, but it's actually the wideangle on the camera broadcast that makes the stadium look bigger and higher than it is.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Which match? I was at Bcn vs Eibar. Terrible referee!

One thing I dont get is why no screen up so you can see goals scored/fouls etc? With all that money it's seems odd, I think most stadia in Uk have them.

p.s might be seeing them play again soon. Addicted.

Right very offtopic :) Sry all.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    What? No FO thread yet in the tweaks and mods section? Hope something comes along to remove that horrible washed out look.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sdyu7/the_old_ini_tweaks_still_work/

Improves performance?

tried it in a vault, noticed nothing, might notice it outside in the area im in (which was around 25-40)

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    It better not f*cks up my game again! :p

I just got all the 30fps drops fixed in the cities, it stays around 50s now.
    Someone on Reddit mentioned redownloading the game got rid of FPS drops and it actually did. (For me, it might not for you.)

I didn't changed anything then PresentInterval and mouse acceleration so it wasn't that either.

19. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Just tried it. Placebo effect. I compared on same spot in lexington, where game is cpu/gpu hungry and not a single fps gain. That's my experience.

20. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Also I my gpu usage is usually around 50% and cpu 60-70% but when i lower my resolution, remove AA, overclock, I don't get any performance boost. That would tell me game is cpu bound, but why my cpu usage isnt like in GTA 5 (85-100%)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.