Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Lexington is dreadful, you're running at 4.7Ghz and im pushing it at 4.8Ghz and its still not enough

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    I didnt see this CPU heavy game for a long time. Maybe GTA V...

Overclock for more performance, overclock the living crap out of your CPU's guys, it makes hell of a difference.

3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Do you have HT on?

4. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    I have to have HT off at 4.8Ghz, but it doesn't seem to make a difference, i don't think the engine can even handle one core correctly.:eyes:

It must be something they totally ****ed up, like needing TESV Acceleration Layer for skyrim. having to clock up to 4.8Ghz to play this is ridiculous (and it still drops in certain areas).

We need some clever people on the case

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i used my GPU's official OC utility. 3D+ something. and game me a boost. at your notice. and no crash.

and even on SSD loading times r sht. wtf? fix ur game bathesta

6. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    If they had 3 more months to properly test it before it was released, it would have been great.
    Seems rushed to me and am close towards end. Gamers, forget lexington be prepared for more stutter fest when you are inside diamond city and beyond.

7. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    While the user scores are sometimes skewed unnecessarily, this game is clearly not being well received by gamers. What I am getting tired of is the "legit" reviews that Metacritic currently shows as an average of 87/100 (with 19 reviews tallied). I presume the humongous Bethesda marketing budget for FO4 must have included payoffs to the review sites (free games, who knows what) for giving it a glowing review. There is no other explanation. This game isn't awful but it certainly isn't even close to being worth a score so high from so many sites.

The difference between "legit" and user reviews for this game has one of the biggest disparities I've ever seen on that site.

8. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    ^^^^^
    Indeed.
    Makes you wonder if game review sites actually play the game from start to finish and then review it??
    They (the review sites) have clearly received their free copies in favor of praise and high rating. Pisses me off big time...

9. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I just find it funny how the game is getting perfect 5/5 scores from "critics" when it's so technically flawed.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i don't accept the COMMUNITY MODDERS WILL FIX THE GAME thing pls.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Wonder when someone will make some ps4 controller icons mod for this.

Right now the nexus is just full of crap, icon replacers, characters and shader presets.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Is it really not making a difference? Some people reported its running better on i7's due HT enabled. But yeah, like you said, cant even handle one thread properly not eight. Higher cpu frequency and ipc win again.

13. sephking

sephking Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Well, the game's completely dead now. Every time I try to load a game it crashes after loading. Tried using an older save and it does the same thing. No error message, just quits to desktop.

Wish I could get a refund but bought the game on G2play.

14. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Now i get 4 fps in the SAVE menu so i can't do manual saves :) gets better and better.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    can we play games on PC with ps4 gamepad? is it hard to do that?

and well icons r confusing at the end. damn.

how is game doing on ps4? i can get it on ps4 too. pc is so...MEH..why? don't know.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I was kind of thinking it might be around 7ish considering comments from this site. But going there I just couldn't fathom the disparity around. But still I can see why... What I can't see is how the reviews are so frikkin positive if you consider all the open world games we have gotten in few years that are done "better" it's like bethesda is stuck in past, I thought fo3 was rather horrible already. New Vegas being better but that is because it was not bethesdas handwriting.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Do not fret. It drops to single digits on consoles in places. So it will perform badly as hell at times. You should be able to use a ps4 controller on pc and of course xbox one controller on pc.

18. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 12gb
    Well the game has issues definitely on the CPU side. Turn down shadow distance to medium to help in the Lexington area, it helps immensely.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i am using xbox360 controller. wireless receiver. i have xboneone and a controller of it. once tried it on pc via cable. did worked. actually now my xbox360 controller, in game icons r bone controller icons due its drivers i guess.

anyway. never tried ps4. i have two ps4 controllers but icons r so important to me. i ant play ps4 gamepad with xbox icons. damn.

that Rebel galaxy game has an option for it. PS4 icons on menu.

fcking bathesta or other big developers deny this little gem. but see? indie dev applies that.

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Easy man.

You need bluetooth (or just a USB wire if you dont have it)

And get this program https://inputmapper.com/

It makes your PC emulate a 360 controller, so it works in all games that support 360 controller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.