Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    The one thing that I always disliked about Fallout 3 and NV were that the graphics looked old before there time. It was heavily criticized as such too saying that the engine was definitely showing its age. Move on several years, Fallout 4 and, well. War, war never changes it would seem.

I'll enjoy it, but its clearly disappointing. And whilst gameplay is obviously more important than graphics, I dont see why we cant have both great graphics and great gameplay today.

2. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    So far not a bad game overall.

The graphics are substandard for what it is(6-7/10) but story is solid and playback is good.

I have noticed microstutter when you go with windows borderless mode. However, turning this off and there is no microstutter. Running in ultra mode with godrays in low mode.

Not be negative or anything but games of yesteryear eg Crysis can combine a great storyline and great graphics. I can't seriously understand why bethedsa laid on their laurels and never updated their graphics engine>??? Weird stuff maybe too much radiation in the studio???

Also, my GPU and CPU temps very hot (both) on this game so headsup on everyone to keep an eye on those temps.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  3. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I'll grab it next year for £10 when it's fixed.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    The improved gameplay is what makes Fallout 4 so much better then F3 and NV.

I actually didn't mind the graphics in F3 and NV but the gameplay is what i hated the most about it.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
  6. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Need Speed Rivals had this issue also Dark Souls had some issues due to frame rate being tied to game speed, it's not a new problem and it's not just this engine, is a shame they didn't figure it out before release.

7. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    starting to get some nasty low fps in the city, gpu is sitting at 59%, i wonder if they forgot to compile without sse extension optimisations just like on skyrim launch

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    There's also dog armour too, got some myself (doesnt actually have any armour points though), guessing you get more and better later.

Wouldn't mind having two companions though, the dog is silent so having him plus another would be good

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Yup same here mate, i hope they fix this issue fast.

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yeah probably a 7.5 is about right. Might raise higher depending on higher levels etc...

To say it's shoddy etc is not true. Shame they couldnt have done this on a better engine....

p.s and has one of my favourite guns in it. The Thompson! (head shots are very satisfying, and modding/crafting weps is great fun).

Really like it so far.

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ah, never played either of these games.

Yeah its a pretty crappy issue.. glad that more games don't have this happen in game.

12. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    This is what I call creative graphics.Good guy Robert Stephens. :)

[Vault 100 (Fallout fan art)

As a huge fallout fan I wanted to create my own homage to the game series by recreating the iconic vault entrance. I wanted to create an interior that looked functional and well used, with the intention of eventually animating many of the assets (including the door mechanism) to tell the story of the vault in more detail. One of the biggest challenges with this project was to put my own spin on the design of the interior while still maintaining the iconic fallout style, this was important to me as I didn't just want to recreate the vault entrance exactly as seen in the games. I used Substance painter more or less exclusively for all the baking and texturing, and CryEngine3 to render the screenshots.]

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9B5Ao

13. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    so how IS the gameplay compared to the previous title guys?

i played oblivion, skyrim fo3 and nv and the only one i ended up finishing was fo3 and even that was a huge struggle, always felt the quests got boring after a while, dialogues and voice acting were flat, with skyrim i left it for a while and restarted after applying all the graphic mods and didn't take long to get bored again...and the shoddy animation (particularly in 3rd person view) really took immersion (particularly during combat) out for me

i really want to give this a shot but don't want to waste money again if it's much the same as previous beth titles, very personal opinion but up to now i've felt all of them were more or less the same game just re-skinned

14. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    In Lexington I've noticed the most VRAM usage so far 2986MB, 1440p all setting Ultra no AA. Its got me wondering what the game may actually get up to using.

15. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I find it's quite slow to start, it's one those games you get back what you put into it but for me it didn't take long to get bored, I enjoy the crafting stuff but after a while it all felt a bit aimless, the graphics and bugs don't help either, graphically I find its acceptable but the animations and lip sync is subpar, I doubt I will devote much time to it for now, maybe if I was playing on my Oculus I might feel a bit more immersed, will have to wait for a vorpx profile to try it out tho.

16. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Screen space reflections is just broken, at least on the kepler side, anihilates performance too much, slashes more than half of the fps here. This is the same problem of xcom the bureau (another nvidia game). Took them months to fix.

Also, vsync produces too much jittering/stuttering. Only way I can play it is without vsync, presetinterval to 0, and push the refresh rate to smooth the tearing.

At least I can play with the vulkan girl of ST Enterprise XD

http://i.imgur.com/KSiF9Ox.jpg

Also lighting is pretty good on exteriors:

http://i.imgur.com/0RqM6vh.jpg

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Heres a review that is not by 1 or more screaming grown adults trying to be funny.

Easily the best review ive watched so far in regards to just doing your job as a reviewer and getting to the point without being so f*king childish.

After spending ages trying to find a review for fallout that was actually watchable and didn't feature some screaming git, such as this fine review above, it seems that fallout 3+ appeals to a certain demographic, the same demographic that finds metacritic, angry joe, ign, gs, francis (I know francis is a char) etc to be considered even remotely funny, relevant and or helpful to base a games worth on.

With that said, its no wonder Bethesda gets away with so much **** when your target demographic are man children on a constant sugar high that are more offended, scared and kicked up more of a fuss over a characters outfit, Quite from Mgsv, than they are with the piss poor quality control and lack of effort by beth that they get for their $60.

The free pass its getting for broken animations/gameplay over 60. People did nothing but complain about Tales of Zestiria on a for its 30cap.

18. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    cheers for that, i might sit this one out for now then...

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Enb Boris on fo4
    http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/v...&sid=ff8f3ef58307c1a25d0b3fb50ee36b30#p65691g

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.