Fallout 4: New Vegas mod gameplay video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Team F4NV has released a new video, showing the first 10 minutes of gameplay from the highly anticipated Fallout 4: New Vegas mod. As the title suggests, Fallout 4: New Vegas is a remake of Obsidian’s Fallout New Vegas game in Fallout 4. Currently there is no ETA on when this total conversion mod will be released.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/fallout-4-new-vegas-mod-gameplay-video.html

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Has it really been 10 years already since Fallout 3? And 8 since New vegas?

Geez. I could swear it doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    DLG and Solfaur like this.
  3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

sammarbella and Koniakki like this.
  4. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    It really doesn't feel like that long, Last time i played Fo3 was like 3 or 4 years ago replayed 3 and new vegas before i bought Fo4

5. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    Wow, the camera angles and character interaction, while not a huge departure from the original, nevertheless give this opening sequence a fresh, new feel. The additional item assets that Fallout 4 brought to the table will be a major boost for this, too. If this opening sequence is indicative of the balance of F4NV's content, I'll be all over this whenever it becomes available.

For years, I've read comments about how New Vegas was a vastly superior game to Fallout 3. While I have enjoyed several trips through the game, I've never reached the conclusion that FNV is anything other than Fallout 3's peer. A number of areas in the sandbox just seemed either empty or needlessly sloppy in build quality. Trying to juggle the relationships among the various factions always seemed like threading the needle to me, even after trying different approaches each time through the game. And Obsidian drove me absolutely nuts with their massive overuse of blocking volumes, preventing entry to what should have been perfectly accessible, (not-to-mention not gameplay-breaking), areas of the terrain.

To be clear, I liked FNV. I'm simply hoping that Team F4NV can not only re-imagine Obsidian's effort, but also manage to go a bit further and knock some of the underlying rough edges off the original where needed. I'll also be very curious to see how the performance compares with Fallout 4.

Solfaur likes this.
  6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I have Fallout 3, never finished it - was in between Stalker Series as well, but does FO4 have a vastly improved engine in terms of cpu usage and efficiency? I remember FO3 was pegged to like 2 threads max and needs a high IPC or OC cpu to run well. Like ARMA or Civilization.

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I liked FNV when it was released, but a few months ago tried to replay it and it was horrendous! It seemed to have aged really badly. Graphics, gameplay, combat, etc all felt very sub-par. Newer games with continual improvements every year tend to make old ones seem almost obsolete in these areas. Some games have age well, but not FNV imo. Not so sure If I'll get this remake, need to see more.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'm still actually playing New Vegas..... I got the Gog version a few months ago so it has all the dlc included hehe... I wonder if this mod will include the dlc?

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I completed f3 and NV on 360, ps3 and pc, then again via xbox back compat, fantastic games, NV is the top one for me.