Fallout 4 at E3 exciting rumours

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    The graphics are bad IMO, really bad. But I've always been a performance over graphics type of guy so they don't bother me that much, but they are really sub par. The character model at the end of the trailer is laughable.

I've never played a Fallout game and the trailer didn't make me want to run out and pre-order it, but if it's good I'll grab it as I do enjoy RPGs.

2. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I tried like 4 times to get into Fallout 3. I'd love to know what people see in this game? It did nothing for me. It felt super tedious.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    60 Euros...

I remember when PC Games used to cost 49,95 when they were new... Boxed with Manual.

Why is PC getting Console Prices as of late?

4. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    It depends on how far you got really, and what you were trying to do. I find that New Vegas is a vastly superior game though, especially in terms of story. Fallout 3 nailed the atmosphere but failed in just about every other way in my opinion.

It's a shame but I doubt we'll see another Fallout game by Obsidian after Bethesda shafted them on their bonus for the game back when it came out.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

5. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Is there a way to skip the whole growing up in the vault bs so you can just get right to the outside world?

6. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    There's probably a mod that lets you do it, although if you knuckle down the growing up part shouldn't take long. Honestly though, grab New Vegas as it has a much better start. The Ultimate Edition is on sale on Steam at the moment.

7. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Maybe, with the graphics, it is reverse psychology. Developers are always getting thrashed over downgrades so maybe Bethy decided to show downgraded pre-release footage and when the game releases we will be pleasantly surprised.

Or not...probably not, no.

8. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    If you do it once it autosaves right before the exit and you can rearrange your character.

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    That's what everyone says about such games. Quite cliche at this point.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Forgot that

In that case then, just download someone else's save and go from that point

But I agree with the point of just playing new vegas instead

11. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Givven that fallout 3 was THE most technically flawed game I have ever played, that it had poor graphics and suffered from massive performance problems even generations of gpus later...like 20 frames in vats and 30 frame dips on an overclocked 480...

And that despite that, I have played through more times than I can count and have been waiting for a fallout 4 announcement for years...lends strongly to the idea that the gameplay override all other concerns.

There are plenty of games that run smooth and look great that aren't even worth finishing on the first time through, so I'd happily take the opposite...and game that despite everything that is worth multiple playthroughs.

12. Paul5850

Paul5850 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phantom GTX 970
    I never managed to make F3 work without crashes in W7 and 8.1 but NV is in my top 5 games all time.
    If all games were as entertaining as this I would not see the point of graphics :nerd:.

13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    +1

I would forbid Todd to make games at all.

14. kapo

kapo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    No obsidian, same old engine from the looks of things...disappointing. You know its not even the graphics of fallout and elder scrolls that bothers me, its the animation. Everything in gamebyro or whatever they call it today is animated so poorly. I wonder if it would still be as well received if it weren't so moddable.

15. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    Most probably not.

16. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I doubt it, their games are usually broken on release. They more or less rely on the mod scene finishing their products off, then claim it's a "feature" of all things.

Don't get me wrong, I love mod support in games. I don't think it should be used as an excuse to release a turd for others to polish however. Hopefully that wont be the case this time, but I'm not holding my breath.

17. biggyca

biggyca Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 GALAX
    I don't know why is everbody bashing Fallout's graphics it doesn't look worse than Wolfenstein, which is praised very well for it's graphics and "art".

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
  19. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    It all looks good to me - I fair enjoyed Fallout 3 and am playing New Vegas on and off at the moment.

The balance between pretty graphics and immersive gameplay is massively weighted for me in favour of the latter but it certainly doesn't hurt for it to look pretty.

20. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Artistically it is very pleasant. I would like better story and gunplay similar to Rage or Bioshock if better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.