1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallout 4 at E3 exciting rumours

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Wow, hope this doesn't turn into another Batman.

2. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
  3. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Those ps4 screens scream upscale to me. Blurry as hell.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    at this point i don't care about this game's visuals , i care about performance

BO3 looks good but performs like crap even @ lowest settings

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Gonna be buggy on launch.. Should not come as a surprise to anyone.

Quite frankly games no longer release ready to play. Practically every game release comes saddled with issues and until people stop pre-paying for games it will continue.

Initially I thought I would grab this game on release day but I think it would be best to get a better sense of people's experience with it first.. I'm really not interested spending hours troubleshooting right out of the box.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Start>Run>steam://flushconfig

google for the problem. I got it with this war of mine myself a few days ago. Never had it before..

tho the thing mentioned didnt work, only thing that worked was to change the download region, restart Steam, then it started to download the game. Then i switched back to my primary download location, restartet steam again and voilá, working.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  7. StannieDum

StannieDum Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    Rant Mode Enable ...

Couldn't agree more. My days of purchasing games on release day are well and truly over and I have NEVER paid for early-access for anything - never will either. If developers want me to beta test their games for them, they can bloody well pay me, coz I sure as sh*t aint payin' them!!

But as long as there are clowns out there who will give these guys money before they're entitled to it, the situation will continue. :confused:

... Rant Mode Cancel

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I have been seeing that error a lot, usually with updates, but the last few times have been after activating new games on Steam and installing them for the first time. In all cases exiting and reloading Steam fixes it but it is an annoying bug nonetheless.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Well played Factorio for.... well many many hours came back gave it another try and it seems to be working still a bit spotty though as it keeps suspending pre load for no real reason.

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    LOL, okay not kidding here but thanks for at least trying to help but you have to admit yourself that giving a solution and then saying 'but it didn't work' is kinda funny? Yes I googled it yes the Steam support forums had people mentioning this and yes they too said it worked for some and didn't for others and yes it didn't work for me either. Again thanks for at least trying.

11. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, they all seem to be pointing to the PS4.
    And, didn't Bethesda state there's a Day 1 patch for all versions? I think I read that somewhere... if not, oh well.

But, really poor performance from a Bethesda title on a Playstation? Is that even news?

13. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I have a feeling steam is about to receive an influx of request for refunds in the next week or two.

14. biggyca

biggyca Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 GALAX
    One question. Is it possible to download torrent of preload and put it on steam folders etc.. and then activate it with PHYSICAL copy of the game? I've done it only with Hitman Absolution but it was digital copy

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I don't see why not. As long as you put the files in the right place.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    My copy if preparing for shipment.
    Will arrive Tuesday while I'm at work. Which is fine. I can install it when I get home, and then I've got the next five days on vacation to do nothing but play it.

17. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Another ****ter by the sounds of it.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
  19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    To be fair, this is something i get in quiet a few games when zooming in. Arma series, Stalker at times. Though it may have to do with my hardware more than the games themselves, but even when i had 2 580s id still get theses fps drops in some games/random at times.

Will probably wait till xmas to pick this up or a sale depending on perf reviews, even though i dont have a high opinion of the visuals, i dont expect it to run on this old gpu.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Its a ps4 issue. There are a few videos showing this even in indoor locations. The only reason I can see this being an issue on pc is if there is shadowing similar to MGSV on Ultra settings where there was ridiculous amounts or whatever of AO (i think it was) applied to dust particles.

Other than that, what causes these fps drops?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.