Fallout 4 at E3 exciting rumours

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Good, finally some decent shooting mechanics and sounds. Too many games, my beloved Stalker series included, have absolutely awful weapon sounds- almost like it's an afterthought. Game's about to be shipped and someone says, hey we forgot the weapon sounds, quick, go do a drum roll on that bucket of joint compound over there and we'll just sample that. No, the sounds are just as important as the models, textures and animations.

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Relax Mr. (.)(.)
    One, Francis is a character and is created to portray vile closed minded individuals like yourself.

Two, it's important to remember everything you said is an opinion. Just because others don't agree that the graphics look like crap, and the gameplay is bad, doesn't mean you are right. No one is.
    I honestly think the game looks fine, it's not winning any awards but who cares. I personally love all the FO/TES game play, and I enjoyed how they have changed.
    You don't need to agree with that.

Just like I don't understand why people play yearly releases of COD and AC. I'm personally burnt out after COD BO1 and AC3, but I'm not getting in the faces of those who enjoy them.
    In the end, all games are supposed to do is entertain. If FO4 cannot do that for you there is no reason to spit in the faces of those who it does.

3. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    there are no mental gymnastics needed...its all opinion.

people play games for different reasons. i for one probably wont go for another ubi game after buying the last two farcry games. the graphics were nice but that was it. i hated nearly every other aspect of both games. no replay value as i saw it. dumb stories lacking real imagination (in both a US random guy turns into an every-man hero in an unstable country, really?). where you just play to the next cut-scene, or take on repetitive side quests. also all the hand holding with flashing loot and bodies...i couldnt get into either even after adding difficulty/realism mods.

FO4 looks on the dull side graphically, but if the last four FO and TES games are any indication i will play FO4 for hundreds of hours. lots of different side quests, story with actual decisions to make, exploring. ill probably have more time into FO4 in a few weeks than i had into both recent FC games total. this one in particular seems to take a step forward compared to the last ones in game-play, we will know in a week. who knows, maybe itll be an un-playable bugfest...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    As said above, Francis... is a character Boogie does. It's meant for humor and fun.

And, in the case of Ryse... sorry, I grabbed it for less then ten bucks as I refused to spend anymore on it.
    Yes, it may look great, but... it's boring as hell and a lazy port.

But, what's more is this almost mission you seem to be on here.
    What you're stating is simply your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. And that's fine, you're allowed to do so.
    But, it's coming across as if your trying to enforce it as fact and stating that people who are excited for Fallout 4 are wrong in some way.

Really, there have been several comparison videos... putting up scenes of Fallout 4 and comparing them to similar scenes from Fallout 3, the jump in graphics and overall visual design is huge.
    Makes me wonder if people have forgotten what vanilla, out of the box, 2008 release, no mods version of Fallout 3 actually looks like.

Same with saying people wouldn't see a difference between Oblivion to Skyrim. Such a statement comes across as almost laughably ignorant. And really, this is pointless.
    I will never understand why, if you have such an outright negative opinion towards the game and developer... why spend so much time in a thread devoted to said title?

I don't post or follow threads or discussions on developers I dislike, or games I'm not interested in.
    If you're opinion of Bethesda is truly so low, why spend so much time talking about it?

AGAIN, Fallout 4 looks great. And, I'm not talking just gameplay wise. I'm talking in terms of actual visuals. Art design and style. Use of color... lighting... the... "graphics".
    I think the game looks great. Fine.

And, really, this is sad. A game like Fallout 4 is less then a week away. A game people have been begging for for years and years. And all anyone seems to have to say about it... "Not good enough for 2015..."
    Seriously, the f*** does that even mean? As if the actual year has some factual impact on the level of graphical fidelity in video games. It's just a veiled complaint by people who think something should look one way and just are unhappy it's not what they expected.

5. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I loved Ryse, paid less than £10 for it and thoroughly enjoyed it, the performance was a bit of an issue though, it was 60fps most of the time, but a few areas across the game had issues. It was short and sweet, like playing a film, and a good film at that.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Everybody talking about opinions. Yes they differ, I tend to be more on Boobies' side, but for expecting better graphics than PS3 you get called a hypocrit. So much for tolerating opinions.

And I do understand where everybody else's opinion, that it's a beth game, it's about story more than graphics, comes from. You're right, you should be pulled into the game, feel the wasteland and the lonelyness at times, but does that keep the dev from adding decent graphics for it? I don't think it's too much to expect for a new game to have updated graphics compared to it's several years old predecessor. Especially since they want 60€ for it.

7. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Here's some new footage

Honestly, those facial animations look really bad! Looks like two stiff wooden boards talking to each other.... like the first Witcher game.... :puke2:

I'm enjoying everything else though! Gameplay looks way better and the graphics, although not mind blowing, look great for a bethesda game! I just wish the animations were better since graphics can be improved with mods whereas animations never really get better with modding.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Haven't there even been animation mods for Skyrim? It was too long ago, I can't remember.

9. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    There have been, but they were animations replacements for like walking, running, sword swings, etc. Nothing ever improved the face animations to make them look more realistic... Not that I'm aware of at least.

10. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    Looks like the graphics have an arrow in the knee.

11. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Sigh...

12. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    those pc screenshots do look a bit dated....considering the heavy system requirements..
    hopfully modders can do some quick pc fixes like better UI for starters...enb and texture packs.

13. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Looks terrible, dat textures tho, 2011 wants there engine back.
    Also i still dont udnerstand why they put t-800 AI in there.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    2010 called, they want their graphics back.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Sure, mods will come, it will look alot better that will come with a price. If game already needs 290X 4GB imagine with a bunch of heavy texture mods.

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    When a game requires this to run on Ultra

Recommended

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
    Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
    8 GB RAM
    30 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

I expect it to look like the ****ing dogs bollocks not look like a cartoonish, washed out mess that it is looking so far.

Sorry to say it but it's true.

Also their main trailers are CGI mixed with real people... so yeah, they are really showing the mass market what their game "realistically" looks like aren't they.

18. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    This sounds like Witcher 3 all over again. People bitched about the graphics but the game turned out great.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I really won't preorder this time but I'll definitely get it. Decided to just buy one game this fall due to my insane backlog and this will be the one.

Most likely will get it from GK4A or something like that one or two days after release (want to read if anything is broken first and also if SLI works, for science obviously).

Definitely won't buy it directly from Steam since I absolutely refuse to pay their prices. 60€ when I can get it on DVD for 47€ (and even less on 3rd party key sites).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Its £32 with 20% off voucher code on GMG, or £52 with season pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.