Fallout 4 at E3 exciting rumours

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Where have people pre-ordered? Game offers free bubble head with their pre order and i really want one for some reason. But i dont have DVD drive so was wondering if it would be possibly to activate through steam? I havent bought game on a disk for ages!

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The game games visuals are subpar for a 2015 title. Whats so hypocritical about stating facts? Its a video game, of course the gfx are going to be talked about. Who are you to say what can and cannot be discussed?

With how simple beths games are, how fat their bank acc is and the size of their AAA studio, there really is no excuse for there not be both decent visuals and gameplay.

Its not moaning, its not entitlement, its not hating, its not hypocritical, its not ****posting to voice ones legitimate concerns or to expect a game that looks and plays like its actually from 2015 considering the price tag.

Gameplay wise, beth has done to FO/ES what ea did to battlefield/battlefront or ubi has done to the clancy ips.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  3. Roops

Roops Member

GPU:
    GALAX 980ti HOF
    damn those look amazing. can't wait to max everything out on my PC!!

MY BODY IS READY!!

anyone else going to be wearing a retarded vault boy t shirt and playing? i know i will!

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I don't have the t-shirt, but I figured I could rig my microwave to run while the doors open so I can experience some rads.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I guess Far Cry 4, Dying Light and Crysis 3 spoiled a lot of us. Still looks great for a FO game though.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Id hardly call Far Cry 4, Dying Light good looking. As for C3, unfair comparison as its linear.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Meh.
    Game still looks good. Still can't wait to play it.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I pretty much agree with everything but the last paragraph, as I haven't been playing beth games before Skyrim and Fallout 3 much.

9. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Looks good for an console fan.For an PC gamer looks awful without mods.
    You know they utilise the same Skyrim engine,so no worries the game will run on a toaster too. :)
    FO3&FONV utilise the Oblivion engine (2006).

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Sorry, but I've seen people say Mad Max looks bad. Seen them say Arkham Knight looks awful. Been in discussions were people say Alien: Isolation looks terrible.
    Seen posts of people complaining about the visuals in MGSV.
    And even in this thread, come on, Dying Light looks great.

The reaction to Fallout 4? Initial reaction: YAY! OMFG! AWESOME!!!
    A few days later: Game looks like crap, gonna suck, looks so dated... blah, blah, blah.

There seems to be this odd misconception that fancy graphical effects and ultra high res textures make... a game fun. Sorry, I always thought that was... the gameplay.
    Yes, visuals can add to a game, improve the atmosphere and in turn... the players engagement to the world.
    But, this idea that graphics have to look a certain "level" in 2015 just because it's that year.
    I wasn't aware that the year had a set level of graphical fidelity attached to it.

Fallout 4, can not wait. Game is going to be great. Exploration, gameplay, world building, weapon crafting... art direction. Looks awesome.
    One more week to the day. :) Sorry, I'll take a fun, engaging game over a graphical powerhouse any day.

Also, if Bethesda do release a High Res Texture Pack like they did for Skyrim... it wouldn't be out until... I don't know... after the actual game is out.
    Also... were be those Nvidia Gameworks features? ;)

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    If Far Cry 4 isn't good looking, then, all games look like crap.

I only need to compare a dog in FC4 to the dog in FO4. Huge difference.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I pre-ordered the Pipboy edition from Game, I don't have a DVD drive installed in my PC but will simply use the code from the box to activate on Steam and download via that, Steam activation is necessary no matter where you bought the game.

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea i saw that one, sold out tho! Yea thats what i was hoping for!

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I think you're a bit unfair here. Some people simply like nice visuals and think that it adds to the immersion and spend a lot of money on hardware to make sure the game that looks great also runs great. Others are fine with medium settings and dont mind visuals much or at all.

Then there are always those that have to find something wrong about a game and moan about it (although the rest of the things are fine).

Im one of those that really appreciate fancy graphics but understand that there is more to it than just visuals. Let's take Dishonored for example - it has a certain artstyle, sure but it's not very visually compelling. But the gameplay, setting, atmosphere is top notch so it's a good game. CoD:AW or Crysis 3 on the other hand is 90% graphics and not much more so...not a very good game.

15. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX580 8GB
    This game looks like a must-have for me. I grew up in a suburb of Boston.

16. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960M
  17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Here's my take on it, I don't buy a Bethesda game for the best visuals in the world(before mods). :D

CANNOT WAIT FOR FALLOUT 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    No one buys a Bethesda game for the visuals. They buy it for the epic storylines they produce in their games. :D

19. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Will see what kind of Western spaghetti story will have.Dont expect too much.This wll be much more like a shooter than a real RPG.

The Witcher 3 is 1st class IQ in gaming this year.EA,Ubisoft,WB,Bethesda need to learn how is designed and scriped an RPG. :)

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/

Release date now shows the 9th so either it was moved forward by one day or it was turned int a worldwide simultaneous release instead of being time-zone / region specific. :D
    (Though if can use a VPN and unlock it Sunday afternoon that would be sweet although I guess it's a single unlock time now.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.