Fallout 4 at E3 exciting rumours

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    U said something abt bethesda that every release was buggy and such i wouldnt agree because. wolfenstein games of late although bethesda was publisher but they sure had a hand in development they are superb games worth every penny. They were not bugged and they were i think a life
    line in singleplayer focused games.

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    It can't be worse than Skyrim and remember what happened ?

- they released an official HQ texture pack soon after release
    - modders came out with additional tweaks by the hundreds

So in the end it'll look awesome, i have no doubts there. As long as Bethesda keeps their games open to modding, everything is perfect and they deserve our support.

I preordered via Steam, thats for sure. Now i just need a reason to get that season pass too and i'm ready for 700 hours of exploring an open world. :)

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    You are right with Skyrim, the HD textures (which are still inferior to many mod textures which appeared later) and the mods. But that only helps my opinion that buying on launch does not really pay off if one decides he doesn't want to play with the best graphics possible.

Not talking about game breaking bugs though, and there's been many with Skyrim. Haven't played Fallout3 enough to know how it's been there, but broken quest really make people quit playing the game and regretting the purchase. I've quit playing Skyrim once myself only to give it a try a year later, mainly to toy around with mods.

4. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Oooh ok you're a gfx fanatic. Ppl like you should buy Battlefront. Not much depth but great to gawk at.

5. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    The only hope that this needs something other than a 20 GHz Intel CPU is that they need it to run on 6, low-speed cores in the consoles.

6. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    I just hope Fallout 4 won't re-introduce paid mods. Luckily steam has refunds now, and mods that charge money probably will never reach the popularity that Skyrim mods had when paid mods were introduced.

I made a few very small mods for Skyrim, took me only a few hours at best, but I saw mods of the same level being charged €5 or more......insanity.

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    If I wouldn't know better I'd guess you're trying to insult me.

What I'm trying to say is, if people are not liking how the game looks, and it's their reason to not buy it, you can always wait and see what the mods bring. Also, you'll get bugfixes already before you start to play the game if you're not a launch day buyer.

I personally won't preoder or be a first day buyer, because in my subjective opinion, most games aren't even worth what they charge you for. With today's culture on (steam) sales and keysellers, you won't have to wait long to save a significant amount of money.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
  10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    Right. I thought that was obvious, guess not lol.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Most likely console footage. But still, the pc versions of skyrim/fo3/nv weren't that much better outside of draw distance, so I wouldn't expect that much of an improvement. This could also be why its rumoured that itll use gameworks (hbao+ etc).

Really? I mean its not like beth even makes decent games to begin with. Once you break it all down, the shallow gameplay, world, quests, story and characters are not something id expect from such an aaa studio like beth.

Im replaying stalker right now...how old is this game, it still makes games from massive studios like beth seem...just laughable.

Im not trying to ruin anyones fun, but urgh....there are sooooo many better devs and games out there that deserve your money more than beth.

The visuals so far would also explain the lack of pc footage.

======

More footage:

https://vid.me/TUPT
    https://vid.me/CxsI
    https://vid.me/ebrR
    https://vid.me/Vw0n

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o

Well, thanks for the leaks, but if this is going to be the graphics we're getting on the PC, it's quite a fail. I remember that Skyrim looked a little outdated when it was released, but the footage looks like PS3.... yuk.

13. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    /me struggles hard not to click videolinks ffs :p

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Looks like dlc for fallout 3.

15. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Still a better and immersive environment/story than any EA games,beside BF2.

16. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    You said it yourself, Bethesda was the publisher of those games. They were developed by Machine games using the ID Tech 5 engine. I was talking about straight up Bethesda developed titles, which use an 'upgraded' Gamebryo engine.

17. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Pretty sure there'll be a global outbreak of the Fallout Flu next week.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm on vacation next week. :) Nobody else at work plays games, so... they're all trying to figure out why I'd take a week of vacation then instead of waiting until the holidays.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Haha same here, the guy told me why? i said because.
    Don't really want to tell him because new games come out and i need to play them, that would make me look bad.
    They DO know i play games though.

I asked for 2 weeks but that's a no no, 1 week might be okay, so i'm sure it's settled none the less.

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Same thing, got asked a couple times by my sister and a friend, they had a good chuckle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.