FAHSpy, FAHMon, etc. Questions

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Psychlone, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    So I've been gung-ho back in the game of folding, have completed my first million in a month, and am pretty happy with the way things are going right now.

However, I'm trying to find a decent monitoring program that will show just the important stuff in a nice-looking GUI, and I keep hitting brick walls.

I've been using HFM.NET, and while it works fine, I really would prefer a nicer to read GUI. Why is it that I can't find anything that has graphs, or even colors (aside from the mundane GUI on HFM)?

I've recently tried to get FAHSpy running, and I can't get it going no matter what I try. I've pointed a folder at every single F@H folder I can find on my machine, yet nothing shows up (always says "log not found")

I have a bit of a unique F@H install: I have it installed on my D: drive (along with every other program I've installed) because I use an SSD that I don't want to really clutter up with installed programs - with the exception of a few that benefit from being installed there.
    My D: drive is literally a mirror of my C: drive from when I first installed Windows, so sometimes when I install a program, it leaves it's AppData entries under D:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\blah blah, and other programs puts them under the same folder except on the C: drive.

I've literally scoured BOTH drives for Folding@ and can't come up with the correct folders to point FAHSpy to, and I can't figure out why.

I'm sure I'm just missing something very simple, I just can't see it (forest for the trees effect) - so if anyone can see what I'm missing, please chime in.
    Other than that, are there any better monitoring tools that have a nicer GUI than FAHSpy? Something small and unobtrusive that can just sit in the corner of a secondary screen would be nice!!

Psychlone

2. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    as far as i under stand it HFM.net is the only one that supports V7 and is the only one being updated

3. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    That's too bad - FAHSpy had some potential. I did know it hadn't been updated for a couple years, but it appears to function solely on log files...it just must not be able to read the new v7 log files and break them down into the correct info that's needed for display.

I'll stay on the lookout for some type of nicer GUI monitoring tool and put the word out elsewhere that it's wanted!

Thanks for the help iancook221188.

Psychlone