1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory made voodoo 2 SLI

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by patteSatan, Dec 13, 2017.

1. patteSatan

patteSatan New Member

GPU:
    xfx 7950GT
    I seem to remember a very rare, and at that time, extremely expensive "premade voodoo2 SLI card", what I mean, is that the bracket or what you call it, had both cards, needed 2 pci slots, next to each other.

I cant find pictures or data, but if anyone reads this, pls tell me what the name of the card was.

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 610MX
    I don't remember them being next to eachother but I do remember voodoo releasing a card with 2 gpu's on one pcb.

3. patteSatan

patteSatan New Member

GPU:
    xfx 7950GT
    No, not 2 gpu's, this was 2 cards, taking up 2 pci slots, and they used the same "front-plate"

4. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580 8GB
    Cool guys Ross Smith from 3dfx and some others made successful company called Quantum3D. They made some great custom cards with 3dfx chips on it.

5. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I remember the Obsidian but it used two 22mb voodoo 1 cards. I know, crazy talk but look at those chips...voodoo 1 in SLI. I don't think it ever made it to market.

[​IMG]

Later on, Obsidian made the voodoo 2 dual card but only single slot. I think someone made a dual voodoo Rush as well. Maybe you can find the card your looking for at this gallery: http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/v/?g2_navId=xb651c1dc

[​IMG]

6. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580 8GB
    Obsidian are cards made by Quantum3D. It's 1997 company that had focus on arcade and simulator market. Voodoo Graphics(Voodoo1) initially had SLI support, just with Voodoo2, SLI gets popular.
    First Obsidian were made with Voodoo Graphics and Obsidian2 with Voodoo2 chips.
    They made cards with all 3dfx chips from Voodoo1-Voodoo5, last project with 3dfx VSA-100 chips(which Voodoo4&5 were made of)called AAlchemy. It was 8 chips in SLI with 256&512MB of ram, mad stuff.

[​IMG]

7. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac1070Mini 2Ghz+
    I owned an Obsidian X-24

wicked fast thing...
    I installed it a centrifugal fan on the side so the inner chips could get some air in the inner TMU and Rasterizer chips, ran 105mhz in a tropical island all day.

those unreal tournaments sections.... ahh...

I might install it this weekend with nGlide on my main rig just because I don't own it anymore... the card

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018