Fable 3 (PC)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JC[UK], Mar 12, 2010.

1. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    Console ports, videocard drivers and kids these days...
    Btw. turning off shadows brings me 20 - 100 % increase of performance depending on the location in comparison to highest setting...
    Still experiencing huge obscure fps drops going with stuttering and not so occasional random white texture twinkling...
    Anyway, do u know if the princess had some plastic surgery in her chest parts? Looks kinda unnatural:banana:

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Not having any issues here, got past the 30 fps vsync by disabling ingame vsync and using d3doverrider (standalone), I always use d3doverrider for the d3d triple buffering anyway. Getting an almost constant 60 fps with all maxed settings, no shadow issues either. Don't like the low res textures but the game's been decent so far, haven't played enough to make up mind yet though.

3. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    Wow so I just understood why they didn't release a PC demo -- the game sucks so bad! If the witcher 2 is a 10 which it damn near is cept for not being able to use potions in battle Fable 3 is a 1. Maybe!

4. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    You are a wise man.

5. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Lmfao @ the crates, just awesome.

Game not even worth "trying" and certainly not buying.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Despite u guys hate this game, im gonna buy this. Loved xbox version. Cant be that bad.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Oh-oh. Not liking the comments on here as my copy will likely have arrived in today's post. The evidence was already there, alas, as even IGN, who tend to overrate *everything*, could only award it a measly 6.0. :(

How come this game is over six months late yet despite Microsoft/Lionhead's claims to the contrary still appears to be a lazy, unoptimised port running at a pathetic capped 30 fps? Adding mouse/keyboard controls and revamping the user interface does not a PC game maketh, Lionhead!!!

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Me too. It's kind of slow starting off but I got addicted after the first few missions.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Somehow I bet this is nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

People have a tendancy to exaggerate so things they like sound better than they really are, but also that things they dislike come across as worse than they really are.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Yeah, you're probably right, Redemption80. The game may run better than people are claiming but there's still that 6.0 IGN review to cast doubts on the quality of the actual game. Oh well, I'll find out for myself in a couple of hours...

11. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    I hoped it would play better almost done downloading then came here and bam horrible performance everywhere lululu oh well i'll just cap the frame rate to 45 it'll be like the console version but no screen tearing or horrid jaggies

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Turn off shadows, they're a bit bugged, should solve the performance issue from what I've read (Think it's also posted in this very thread.) but I keep it on v.high anyway. :p

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    I haven't read the 8 pages but I'll assume I'm not the only one who's video card gets lit on fire by this game.

First of all the in-game vsync is bullmonkey poo. It sets the frame cap at 30 which makes the game lag like hell, if I wanted absurd lag I'd play on a console. I disabled the in-game sync and enabled it through a profile for the game through RadeonPro.

Next the game seems poorly optimized, it kicks my 6970 @ 950/1450 in the nuts. In closed areas it uses only a small amount of resources, 20-40% for 60fps. But in open environments it kills my card, maxed out at 99% and I get as low as 40fps. In some rare places it actually drops low as 20. I forgot to mention I run games at 2048x1152.

A major issue is that I can't seem to force filters on the game without it spazzing out. Using 4x or 4xEQ drops the frame rate by almost nothing so I wanted to enable that but doing so causes screen to shake by what looks like 1 pixel. What the hell?

Anyway, I couldn't find a file to tweak anything, oh if everything was as simple as modding UE games...

Oh and I almost forgot, I'm sure part of the blame falls on AMD for their crappy drivers. Their next driver release better increase performance on this game.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lionhead Studios\Fable 3\videooptions.xml

That should allow you to adjust, well nothing that can't be set from the in-game options screen it seems, also try what I wrote above (You likely posted while I was writing it.) and test with shadows disabled.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    bought the game with the help of TAT3. preloading now!

16. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    TBH they should have delayed the release by a few weeks, to release this at the same time as The Witcher 2 was just asking for trouble (it's great!).

I kinda liked Fable 2, i'll probably look into this when the price drops and is patched up.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Yes they gave very few options, it's only what's in the game as you said:
    The stupid bloom and HDR is probably what kills the performance along with the shadows. I wonder if I can live without the shadows? :wanker: I don't even like bloom but there is no option to shut it off.

18. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    It was released at the same time on purpose. So that they could sweep Fable 3 under the rug and no one would review it.

19. °L°

°L° Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    My god, the game is lagging hell!!!

Play without shadows, i haven't tried yet but i first played before fable 3 at witcher 2 on very high settings and it's excellent without lags.
    Really.....i'm sad, this is the first fable game i play and surely the last.

20. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    I'm really enjoying it. The Witcher pissed me off so much and made me want to smash things, whereas this made me smile and has me hooked. It's tongue in cheek and fairly easy/casual, and it's a welcome change from all the usual hardcore gritty stuff.

It's running great and I didn't even notice the 30FPS cap lol, i'll be doing the d3doverrider trick and it'll be even nicer d=)

Don't believe the hate!