F1 2018 - Free at the humble bundle.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by chispy, Aug 7, 2020.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You can grab a free copy of Codemasters F1 2018 this weekend. The game really is a classic and other then drivers, teams and a new track the game is pretty much the same as the new 2020 version we ju...

Free to grab: Codemasters F1 2018 (Steam key)

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  2. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Yay. Got it !
    I'll probably never play it....

... but yay !

chispy likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's true but he shouldn't say it.

xD

chispy likes this.
  4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Just a reminder that these keys expire so you have to redeem them.

chispy likes this.

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The main page says I can't have it because I was once a subscriber. But it gave it to me anyways. Redeemed. :)

chispy likes this.
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Already got it from when it was released.

This was the game, that for me and many others it seems, had a stuttering issue every lap (reported by a lot of people on the forums) and only fixed in the DX12 beta patch. That sounds great but the DX12 beta patch, unbelievably, was never finalised and officially released so it has a big Work in Progress banner across the top of the screen while you play it. I found it distracting personally and it ruined screenshots. Quite why Codemasters never released it properly is a mystery; all they had to do was remove the damn banner! The DX12 beta patch was to address the stuttering issue in DX11.

Thankfully, this issue was fixed in F1 2019 (and F1 2020) so the game runs fine in DX11 and DX12 mode. Wonder if this is why they're giving away F1 2018?

7. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
  8. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    :) Got it, Thanks!

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Apparently I added Google Authenticate to my account at some point and that was on an old phone. Now I can't remove it even though I have the same phone number, there is no option for removal.
    So the only way to remove it to contact support which has a current response time of 3 business days :rolleyes:

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I won't touch that game with a crowbar because of the halos.

11. Fergutor

Fergutor Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Super GX
    Question: is this the "complete" version? With all the old cars and everything?

12. Fergutor

Fergutor Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Super GX
    You know, is not too bad actually. I don't like them either, at all: a bar blocking your view just in front of your eyes. But I got accustomed to them immediately.

13. minerja

minerja Guest

GPU:
    1060 3GB
    For some reason, i can't subscribe, so if you or anyone else has an unwanted key, i'd be happy to receive it.
    Thanks minerja

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Thanks boss man. I have a 2010 and 2014/15. And this one looks so nice.

Considering its an officially licensed game, it has to have them. Do you have a clue why the halos exist in the first place?

15. minerja

minerja Guest

GPU:
    1060 3GB
    I believe they were introduced due to 2 near fatal incidents where drivers where hit with track debris (1 was a coil spring, and the 2nd a wheel), also they give much better protection when the car flips

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Cause last thing you would want is high speed cutting edge motor sport to contain even the slightest level of potential risk now? Reason why I lost interest in F1 over five years ago. Clean cut never say or do the wrong thing drivers and pathetic attempts to totally gentrify the sport, oh and how can it be a cutting edge motor sport when the engine in my car is larger than the engine they are using?

17. minerja

minerja Guest

GPU:
    1060 3GB
    Perhaps they want to try and keep some drivers alive, you know, so they can actually have a competition....perhaps the millions and millions of fans worldwide don't want to see racers die every weekend....
    hmmm, does you HUGE engined car go from 0-100-0 in less than 5 seconds? Perhaps you'd prefer the 27 litre spitfire engine going back into race cars...seem to remember they didn't corner very well...
    Having said that, i would personally like to get rid of the "plank", see a return to full slicks, and lose all driver aids, and def lose all comms with the teams and pits whilst racing, but then again, i am an old guy...and it seems the world is becoming a PS game.

18. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I'm no expert but seems to me the worst thing ever happened to F1 was when that politically correct American company bought it out and totally sterilized it for American consumption to try and make it more friendly to women (no pit girls - they MighT OffEnd SoMe fEminIsT), and the cars are boring with the small quiet engines.

Fergutor likes this.
  19. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    I really wish Codemaster would stop re releasing the same game over and over. They only give you one car from past legends. Why cant they give us the cars from that year including the drivers but i guess that would be making a good game

20. erazerswe

erazerswe Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060
    Thanks for this tip, i grabbed it too. For those interested you better get it since the offer expires at 10 tonight CET