F1 2013 thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Anarion, Nov 28, 2012.

1. jack_rudolph

jack_rudolph Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB
    Stonking Lap from Hamilton.......... Hoping for a great race tomorrow

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    This is why i love Spa! Great qualifying, lets hope that race will be just as exciting tomorrow!

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This is why I hate and love Spa....

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Just hope its not a wet start with a replay of 1998, great qualifiying though

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well Grosjean tried it last year! DC still did it better :)

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well well... When I saw the smoke coming from Kimi's left front break, it was obvious that that was it. I'm almost starting to wonder whether or not it would be cheaper to Lotus to sabotage his car so that they don't have to pay bonuses from points. :D

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Good race, shame about Kimi, on the other hand his title push is pretty much done so I can watch the rest of the season a bit more relaxed.

8. jack_rudolph

jack_rudolph Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB
    It seems Vettel is on his way to his 4th Championship. Unless he suffers 2 or 3 DNF's in the remaining races and Alonso/ Hamilton get there act together to score some big points in the coming races i cant see anyone stopping him

9. jack_rudolph

jack_rudolph Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  10. jack_rudolph

jack_rudolph Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB
    Really Happy for Hulkenberg, great qualifying from him........ The Guy deserves better seat next year..... Ferrari should dump massa and pick him.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Looks like Kimi to Ferrari.

Tomorrow's race should be interesting with a lot of people out of position and a good chance of thunderstorm. Sounds like a great cocktail for tomorrow, can't wait.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Kimi to Ferrari, Hülkenberg to Lotus. That would be nice.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, but who will be Kimi's teammate at Ferrari? Did you hear about Alonso allegedly bashing his team on the team radio, calling them stupid etc... in Italian. Alesi said it happened. Massa also under pressure about his Ferrari future. How about Kimi and Hulkenberg at Ferrari? You never know.

Although I'd prefer to see Kimi at McLaren, Whitmarsh was a bit diplomatic about Kimi in an interview on SkyF1 today.

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Did he? If he did, I don't see very bight future for Alonso in Ferrari. Kimi and Hülkenberg would be pretty awesome combo too, I really like Nico too (and not just because I'm party German - he's a great driver). Assuming that Kimi would go to McLaren, they would have to kick Perez out because I'm pretty sure Button will stay.

EDIT:
    He did: https://soundcloud.com/muretto-box-f-1/alonso-team-radio-italiangp/s-g32UP

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, well that was in Italian, so not sure what it says, but Alesi told SkyF1 that basically he's calling his team stupid so that could be the end of him I guess. This could mean both Massa and Alonso out of Ferrari, correct? I think Kimi and Hulkenberg would be a stronger pairing anyway, Massa has been slipping ever since that freak accident in Hungary a few years ago.

German blood? What is it with you Finns? It's like Nico Rosberg, his dad is a Finnish WC but Nico is German. boo :)

Anyway, been told about correct Rosberg pronunciation by a Finnish person, and hey, she was right, this is how you pronounce Rosberg http://www.forvo.com/word/nico_rosberg/ (click the link by JoyJoy). This is for the non Finns btw, of course :) Have to say, Finnish really has that Hungarian twang to it (Ugro-Finn languages ftw)

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    That's actually a tricky one... In that sample she said basically "Ruusperi". In Finnish it should be pronounced like you write it. That name isn't exactly what I'd call Finnish so I'd say that "Ruusperi" is Finnished (lol) version of saying (b->p etc.). People would need to confirm the writing form though. The correct way would be just "Rosberg" but in practice "Ruusperi" is common (nicknameish). Finland-Swedish way would be "Ruusbäri" or "Ruusbärj" or something like that anyway.

Nico is actually citizen of Finland too but that poor bastard drives under wrong flag!

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Kimi will be confirmed Ferrari driver on Wednesday, boom. Will Alonso stay?

18. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Allegedy Alonso can just walk away from his contract.

I think we'll have to sit tight.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It's going to be interesting to see what will happen.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Kimi and Alonso at Ferrari next year, according to RTL And Auto Morot und Sport. I would actually put a lot of money on this happening. Finally we'll see 2 strong drivers in one team again.

EDIT: Alonso automatically downgraded to no2 driver, of course. Kimi is a Ferrari F1 World Champion, Alonso isn't. Simples :)

Seriously now, Ferrari need a brand new set of drivers or they need exactly what is on the cards. 2 top drivers. They need to mix it up, it's gone stale, it's not working, Massa has to go. I could see them either going with Hulkenberg as no2 and maybe Button or just throw a lot of money at Vettel as no1. If not that, having 2 top drivers would give them the oomph they need. A bit like Senna and Prost in the very late 80s at McLaren. But they just can't afford another stale showing.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013