F1 2011 Crossfire problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Solace, Sep 23, 2011.

1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    So what if you're an 'informatician since 15 years'?
    For all I care you could just be a help desk person on a small company's IT department in which IT literacy of the rest of staff is less than a screwdriver.

Why did you even delete the content of your findings?
    Let more people test it, unless you're too afraid of being proven wrong.

2. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    So what's happening with this?... new CAP and no mention of F1 2011.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  3. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Codemasters don't seem to be coding very well anymore.

Both Dirt 3 and F1 2011, are poorly optimized to say the least.

You only have to look at D2 VS D3 , AND F12010 VS 2011.

4. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Hey guys... bump from hell, but I think it's worth it. I'll post what I've posted on the official CM forums, because it'll come under as much scrutiny here as anywhere else on the internet (in case I'm somehow wrong... but I doubt it):

Hadn't fired this (F1 2011) up in a while, but figured that I should give it a crack just with DX9 running to see if I could enjoy the game behind the graphics.

I couldn't. It was frustrating me too damn much.

But, believe it or not, I've found a working PERMANENT solution to get DX11 running *properly*. Here's proof:
    [​IMG]
    (apparently can't post links yet, but you know what you need to do to get that URL working)
    (you'll notice that even though it says there's one 5800 series card, it has 3gb memory... impossible for that series card unless it's seeing the RAM from the other GPUs. Only shows up as 1gb if you disable CFX completely)

The answer? XP "compatibility mode". Just find the .exe, right-click/properties, go to Compatibility and choose XP SP3. After doing this, I noticed that in Fraps (on my G15 keyboard, but the OSD may show the same thing) said "D3D_DX11". Changed compat. mode to something else... dropped back to DX9. Best thing is, it actually seems to use (in my case) all three GPUs.

Performance could be better (and I'm going to tweak the heck out of it so it sits at a flat 60fps) but it's definitely better than the alternative.

Enjoy :)

Additional Guru3D-only note: Although the MSI Afterburner on-screen display server will still run and do it's thing, RadeonPro doesn't want to do anything with the latest 12.7 betas. I'm going to roll back to 12.1a (which was apparently the last *really* good CFX driver) and test, but that's something for another night.