F1 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, Aug 29, 2010.

1. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I still don't know if I'll get it...
    I've read a several threads on codemasters' official forum, and people are already talking about things missing in F1 2010 that will be present in F1 2011...

2. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I was talking about the guys saying "It will be like this, end of story". It's fine to guess what the game will be like, but there are too many people in this thread who have made up their mind about how the game will be. Not a 'maybe...' this, or 'I think...' that, but with 100% rock solid certainty. I guess assuming was the wrong word.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    why would you want an over steering car?

Plus, those menus look retarded... Why can't I have the whole setup in 1 or 2 screens. why do I have to go to one screen, set up the wings, then come out, then set up brakes, then come out, set up something else... soooo annoying. GTR 2 had it down really well, I don't know about you guys but it's just look like so much hassle!

4. HairyUK

HairyUK Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Eclap, i love the setup screens of GTR/GTR2/Race etc but tbh at least there are options in there to make these kind of changes, that is at least more than i was expecting with this title. I know what you are saying about the menus but just wait until it is out before you make up your mind on this game.

I want it to be a great sim myself , as we are crying out for a fantastic F1 game on the PC. The menu's were always gonna look like Grid/Dirt etc as that is just Codemasters unique styling (whether its to peoples tastes or not), I for one will forget about the menus etc if the game itself is a good sim driving experience. That in the end is what its all about. Ive already bought it on Steam and i cant wait.:banana:

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Because my lap times suck when car under steers. To be more specific I hate when car under steers but small over steering is not a problem. That's just the way I prefer it. Do you prefer under steering car?

In my opinion it's way better to sort those settings than have all in one big mess where you can't find anything.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  6. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I agree, it looks like a pain. And I want setup options measured in their respective units. Not a plus-minus system. That's a +1 for arcade.

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Tweaking the car is really part of F1 racing...to some extent.
    I am just hoping they hit the mark with this game. It has alot of people wishing and alot of people already dissapointed by early info and screenies...

I wish companies would actually start listening to the hardcore racer community as to what is wanted and needed.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  8. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    he wants a oversteering car because that suits his driving style , retarded is when people try to tell others how and why they want this n that

i also prefer oversteering cars it suits my style and im really quick on any car game

and why are those setups retarded , is it too complicated for u , can u imagine how complicated a real f1 car is so i guess its childs play really so not so retarded aftert all

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
  10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 8GB
    Im actually looking forward to this game. Looks pretty good and dx11 is def a plus :). I do have a g25 with a racing cockpit type setup I have made. I havent played any f1 game since f1 2002. been quite a while.

11. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    Am I the only buying it simply because I'm a big F1 fan? And that I'll probably accept it's gameplay (whether arcade or simulation) and enjoy the first decent looking F1 game since about 2004?

12. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    You're not the only one. It's been far too long since the last good F1 game on pc.

13. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Havent seen any footage yet, but the night racing at Singapore and Abu Dhabi should be interesting.

14. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    Those setup screens loook like just another dumb down console port ;(

15. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    Have anyone here driven a real F1 car?
    It's a game guys not the real thing lol.
    I bet if someone made a hardcore sim car game where if u crash the cars it will take u the exact same amount of time it would take in real-life to be fixed and if totaled the game ends. ppl might complain that it's too real.
    a game should be a fun experience not a life experience.....just my opinion :)

16. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    you're not the only one buddy! this game might be good enough to coast me through until GT5 gets released after a month or SO. :D

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
  18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Impressive and interesting interview/advert, glad to hear the game won't be 100% sim, not that i expected it to be anyway, but when they are releasing the game just before a more arcade racer like GT5, they can't go too hardcore, because they know they will alienate everyone who doesn't have a wheel and perfectly quick reactions, which would be career suicide considering so many console/PC users still use a pad or mouse/kb for racing games.

Visuals look nice, but not hugely impressive, but it wasn't the best quality video, so we will see.

19. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    I think these is going to be awesome rest of the year. first i can enjoy some arcadish f1 and then real simulation in gt5 :D

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070