F1 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, Aug 29, 2010.

1. adren022

adren022 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5770
    are rfactor coming up with graphics just as good as modern racing games (shift,DIRT2,Grid) ?i played rfactor 09 din't like the graphics that much

2. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i'm hoping that codemaster do their jobs right again. the improvements from dirt to grid to dirt2 is quite good, so i'm really hoping this would be good too.

3. adren022

adren022 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RADEON HD 5770
    if the current F! release from them had same graphics engine as DIRT 2 it would do for me its been very long since a decent enough F1 Game released

but codemasters din;t offer very much on performance tuning front in GRID or DIRT series this should be more in depth hopefully

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Again...? To be honest, DIRT2 driving mode sucks balls. Same goes to GRID. Graphics wise Codemasters games have improved a lot though.

5. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i would consider what they've done with dirt2 better than dirt1. dirt1 is garbage. cars don't have a proper physics model. although dirt2 is still pretty much arcadey, its a lot better than the first. and tbh, i've yet to see a sim from Codemasters. so F1 2010 would be an arcade racer with a few "tuning" options ala dirt2 or NFS shift.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I look forward to testing it out.

7. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    A good balance of tuning and graphics is wanted. I want to adjust for example sway bars and toe camber in a formula one car but I do not want to have as much as the GTR series where I spent more time in the pits micro adjusting wing and under steer.

I am not an rfactor player but and ardant fan of the Geoff Crammond series including the latest offering of ENTIRE seasons in the modded versions of GP4. Though not visually stunning as Dirt or Grid. You cannot get a full intsallation of several different seasons, reliving the glory days of cars and drivers from the click of a mouse any where ever. All for free.

Also driven all the Colin Mcrae series rallies.
    I am expecting my copy of F1 2010

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    cool, thanks a lot.

9. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    i might have to dust of my wheel for this game, ive not played an F1 game since F199 on PS1 and i used to love it :)

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Now available for pre-purchase on Steam (-10% off).

11. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
  12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmmmmm.... In Xbox 360 magazine review they said that it is the most realistic F1 game ever (simulation wise). I'm not quite sure if I believe that, I pre-ordered the game from Steam anyway. It would be nice if it's true.

13. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i hope the wings and other aero bits of the cars are "fragile" just like the real thing, and ofc, they should lower the car's performance as things gets damaged.

14. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    such claim isn't it? but hopefully it would indeed be realistic as they claimed it to be.

15. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Waiting for a PC review not a box console review!!

16. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    it's like this with every game, nothing new really.

not really, it's our right to talk about the game and assume all we want especially knowing Codemaster's history, although it has to be said that with the earlier Colin Mcrae games they did include some moderate car tweaking, not very in-depth but it did make a lot of difference, now whether they'll add such thing in F1 2010 remains to be seen but it's quite possible, afterall F1 is not rally, you can't just slide and crash around, F1 requires some precision.

of course we have to wait for concrete evidence but nothing wrong with assuming either. ;)

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I hope it's good and controls well. I found Grid not really fun to drive with G25. Dirt 2, on the other hand, is a blast to drive.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    There's way more car tweaking than in any other recent Codemasters game. Examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I can make oversteering car, I'm happy.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  19. HairyUK

HairyUK Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    is that enough to satisfy your tweaking year?? :)

20. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    that's fine with me. no need to get too deep like you need an engineer to make use of it. and again, i hope there's functional damage in the game. that should be fun seeing front runners damage a front wing, for example, and suffer with slow lap times.