F1 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ for me Catalunya is one of the easier ones to drive fast, I won by like 20 secs on this one but I don't do nearly as well on the others, this was only on normal though

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    for me china was the easiest i mean i won that by like 25 some seconds and was lapping cars lol.

Cata took a bunch of laps to get a few of the sections down, but once i learned where i could really push the car it was not too bad, then it was just taking it easy in the turns i could spin if i got a little too overzealous, or after that tire change. And avoiding that chicane like the damn plague, i mean they use those for safety features? Half the field spent most of practice and part of qualifying spinning out there. those "safety" chicanes seem more like death traps to me. :p

now monaco that track is a royal pita, go wrong there and there is no way to turn car around then you get blocking penalties left and right cause you cannot move and got nowhere to go when the other cars come. and if you do anything then you get a dangerous driving penalty it is a tad silly.

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    i think im going to stop playing this until its patched. Fed up with it crashing

4. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I have kind of went that rought, don't get me wrong I love the game but the crashing is really starting to get annoying. Please bring on the patch!

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Use software audio instead, I get loading freezes way too often with HW acceleration enabled.

6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Interesting comments
    I have been trying career mode with AI on pro and doing very well. But just to get in the top three at Catalunya I have to reduce the AI to amateur.
    Does any one know what to do at monaco?

PS
    as we sit here and discuss.. the nerds have slashed opened this game and began the heavy modding process... all the bugsfixes and upgrades we need will be available from other sources..
    CodeMasters?
    We doh need no stinkin CodeMasters!!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I don't have any freezes, CTDs or anything alike. I'm still waiting for a patch as the game is no fun like it is right now.
    Trying to play the normal career mode with AI that doesn't pit or a ranking system that puts you on a different place than you were in-race just doesn't cut it for me.

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hm what to do at monaco go fast but not too fast? heh. 2 turns you can just downshift and tap the brakes for, ive set p1 times in practice on occassion but to do it consistently is a hard hard task. and only gottten it by a few 100s of a second or one practice hamilton out lapped me by .001, but pushing too hard and then you lose the car and your really boned. seems that entire track you just have to find a pace and rhythm and go with it and do as best you can. might consider qualifying on prime tires and starting the race on them just so you can do a long stint hopefully keep up a decent pace and stay out a long time before pit hopefully building up a gap, so you come out not too bad.

one of the trickier courses for sure since one error will cost you big time, and that one error could get you penalized since the game seems not to notice that it is near impossible to move if you get spun, think there is a reset car to track option in the menu, but that so much cheese and i been avoiding that and the flying lap option form the qualifying menu. only one i use it quit to garage when i have done my lap rather than driving all the way around.

9. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i honestly don't think CM would be able to fix the LAP time issues. not that they can't, but because the issue seems to be at the core of the game. CM chose to do it the easy way by giving out pre-determined laptimes, that is in no way related to what the cars on track are actually posting.

10. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    im the same not had 1 crash or anything similar , however , i have only done time trial not done 1 single minute of career , not a career person lol

its sad that the career seems so bugged , my mate on his ps3 has suffered just as bad as the pc users even having to start all over again with corrupted save data

epic fail from codemasters

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @novice: As long as the game works I don't bother the times. What I experienced for example was a race where I crossed the finish line on 5th just to see the results where I was being placed 12th. Or those nasty pit stop bugs that occur even with altered pit stops.
    I'll just wait and hope for an improvement.

@ukraver: Well, so far I like the idea behind the career and I'm not too interested in full-time online races. Only 2 or 3 of my friends have the game anyhow so I guess I'll have to stick with the career mode.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the corrupted save happen when you got a r&d update to do. if you quit out at all it corrupts the saves. hell i speeded the thing and went out from the ending thing and it still corrupted the save. there is a workaround for it but seem just damn easier to just do the whole damn thing at one time if you can. had two saves go bad, both on monaco my favorite track, but i backup them after every race. so i do not have to go back too far but it if does it again on this damn race i am shlving the game period until they fix the gdamn thing cause i am sick to death of this track nm this time the race is s torrential downpour.

13. six

six Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Why is the car handling so much better in time trials vs carreer and grand prix modes?
    The car is on rails and turns much tighter in TT, but outside of TT it's sluggish and slippery. My lap times can be as much as 7 seconds faster in TT.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    first place in monaco! lol no pit stop at all lost my front wing halfway thru the race, kept frantically trying to keep the car on the wet track and put in fast laps and push hard massa was on a tear putting in fast laps behind me, oops spin he passed me caught him up oops i spun him 1st place then just tried to pull away and next thing i know the race was over.

not tried time trial at all dunno maybe it is the optimal setup for track conditions and light fuel load?

15. six

six Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    I think I figured it out - in time trials the tracks are fully rubbered and the cars represent fully upgraded kits (research & development upgrades maxed).

16. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    if you don't pit at all does the game penalise you?

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    nope wet race n all not sure the rules this year but they never called me in for a stop even tho other cars started to stop like the last 6 laps if the race for some odd reason.

dry race you have to stop for tires once, suppose wet race it is not required since you cannot run option tires in the wet. either that or pit stop is buggy for players as well as ai.

18. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    The rule that states you must use the option and the prime tyre in a race does not apply if the race is declared 'wet' just the same as a real F1 race.
    So at least that one is'nt a bug.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    By the way, rename old delete catchup.xml under ai folder and no more rubber band AI. AI doesn't feel fake after that in race.

20. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ wat does the xml do?