F1 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, Aug 29, 2010.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i got a 8800gt and putting it to dx11 seemed to help the loading and fps.

2. Nbz

Nbz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6850 1000/1150
    Game is running quite well on my rig @1440x900 High/Ultra settings, no AA.

Arround 30 - 60 FPS, sometimes higher depending on whats going on. Map with worst performance would be Monaco as far as I can remember.

Also, yea, loading times suck, not that bad but deffinately longer than usual. I'd say it takes me 30s or so to get into a new Championship race, from the lobby.

And, lastly, I do see the black artifacts once in a while, popping in the sky, usually do not see them due to the action but its quite annoying when you do.

Got a question though, I just accepted a contract with Redbull by mistake whilst checking which contracts I had available (was at level 19 or so) but I would rather go with Mclaren. Is there any way I can go back and pick Mclaren instead of Redbull? (I'm at level 20 or 21, can't remember)

3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Is this game like impossible to get Retail on the PC? Seems like a very limited retail release. Can't be arsed downloading.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The boxed version was only available if you pre-ordered, otherwise it is download only. Pretty stupid thing to do really here in the U.K. where bandwidth and month caps are limiting factors against digital downloads on a regular basis.

Fortunately, I always buy my PC games online from GAME (as well as ShopTo, Amazon or Play.com) so I got my boxed copy as normal. And cheaper than what you'd pay digitally from the likes of Steam. Never understood personally why people pay more for less (since there's no disc, case or manual costs involved they should logically be cheaper but seldom are).

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I ****ing hate Monaco, did awesome lap in Q2 and was first the I skipped to race (ärrin murrin, grrrr... raaaahhh!! stupid, stupid...). 10th place obviously, get caught in traffic after pits and that's it.

6. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    The loading time is correct now :)
    I am glad the game finally runs in dx11 (MSI Afterburner's OSD confirms that) here.

That is just a few moments ago, so about the eye-candy in this game, im looking right now :p I thought another confirmation tht loading time is better was important enough to share it.

Cheers

7. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
  8. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Same here, but I checked all those above shops and either sold out or download only option.

This release is BS, what is codemasters thinking? I rather get retail discs as their always cheaper than digital download.

With so much hassle getting a digital download the waiting and slow speed I would always order it online instead... if I wanted crap download I would go on the 'bay.

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
  10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I only do digital downloads these days, as i can't be bothered using no-cd cracks, and tbh i just don't have the space anymore with the amount of BluRay i buy, but even i think this DD only way is a touch strange.

Its unfair for those with poor net, and quite expensive too compared to retail if you don't go the CD-Key route i go nowadays, even Game only list the game as DD, not bad at £29.99, but i had to lol at £39.99 PC retail, when the 360/PS3 one is £34.99.

11. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    yea i only realised it was 39.99 when i looked again , strange as mine was only 28 on release , but with limited stocks what do people expect ?

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Really bad release IMO, should never be limited stock on such a big game.

If I were to see it on my lunch break in a shop would probably impulse buy it but being forced to go digital download? heh easier just go on a newsgroup.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Sorry... are you saying that a patch has been released or is that because you've tweaked the game?

14. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    pardon, i should have mentioned that, trully! I have tweaked the game.

On some tracks i have some 'artefacts', glitches, where there is no photographer. maybe its because of that tweaking, at this time when DX11 nor ambiant occlusion aren't supported by the game yet ?

So i tweaked DX11 and ambiant occlusion within some .xml files
    tweak to be foud here

Meanwhile the load time is seriously improved :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  15. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    with dx11 on, AA is causing all those weird lights and black boxes (not on all maps).

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    If you do the full mod as linked previously, you shouldn't get those weird lights.

17. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    wow nice. thanks, i'll try it.

btw, have you guys tried the new quadro drivers? my F1 2010 now starts maximized with dx11 using those drivers.

18. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    question
    Does the AI pit at Cataunya??
    Started the race in first place in a decent car (Force India) and finished 18the with Webber 17th.

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well i know they do since my first time racing that track my crew called me in, and i blew the pit opening and took my nose off and had most of the filed pile in behind me and then my team hold me up to let like 10 cars out in front of me. but i think hamilton in that race never pitted cause he ended up winning by some silly margin. ended up like 5th or 6th with webber in 9th or 10th.

then my save game went corrupted and i had to redo that race, got 1st with webber 3rd, think by the pit i came out in 2nd or 3rd before they pitted a few laps later and i was in 1st the rest of the way.

but that first race i am 80% sure hamilton never pitted cause he qualified like 5th or so and was slower in all practices and etc, yet he ended up winning by like 25 or 30 seconds.

so if the ai isnt pitting it might be better to restart the race and see if the bug is random. cause it does seem to be.

20. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Yes I have seen them pit at Cataunya. I just seems to be one of those tracks that you lose a lot of time to the AI cars no mater how fast you lap.
    I always drop the AI to pro for this race so at least I have a competitive race mixing it with other cars and not just laping somewhere near the back.
    I think the AI for this game needs rewriting its so bad. I'm not sure that they will be able to fix it with a few patches.