F1 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, Aug 29, 2010.

1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    try getting setpoint first bro.

2. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    Logitech Setpoint? isn't that made for keyboards and mice?

3. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    err.. sorry, got that mixed up. it's Logitech profiler i'm referring to.

try this

4. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    Ah the profiler, i already have that, can't use my pad properly without it. It seems to have a recent version though, will try soon, but no mention of fixes on the particular game on the release notes nor a F1 2010 Profile, not surprising since F1 2010 officially supports the Logitech RumblePad 2 already (and the profiler is released before the game).

On a side note, thinkin of Getting the New Logitech Rumble GamePad F510, hope it arrives soon locally :)

5. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    have you created a profile? i looked up on /actionmap and there's an XML file for the rumblepad2. so it should be natively supported by F1 2010, it's just a matter of the game being able to detect your pad as rumblepad2.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    That track is almost impossible to win. Basically every other track except that and Suzuka are easy to win.

7. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    I guess were not understanding each other, my pad can already get detected by the game at start, but my main issue is that i cant configure the deadzone settings, as the wheel options is greyed out like i first posted way back. I was thinkin the option is only available for wheels. But you manage to point me out on the wheel xmls, perhaps i can swap and make my pad get detected as a wheel just like in GRID.

8. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Something i have found is that disabling vsync from the ingame options, dramatically reduces the loading times, Weird or what ?

9. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    The same thing used to happen on Pure.

But what worries me the most about this game is the apalling frame rates I'm getting.

Dirt 2 and Grid run flawlessly, isn't this meant to be using the same engine?

10. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    Cant you just edit Logitech RumblePad 2 USB.xml or Logitech RumblePad 2 Cordless USB.xml file in Actionmap folder?
    For example:
    PHP:
    <Action actionName="Steer Left">
    <
    Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisX" deviceName="Logitech RumblePad 2 USB" baseCalibration="biDirectionalLower" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0"/>
    </
    Action>

<Action actionName="Steer Right">
    <
    Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisX" deviceName="Logitech RumblePad 2 USB" baseCalibration="biDirectionalUpper" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0"/>
    And change deadzonez or whatever you want? Make sure its not read only, and make it read only after editing if it was originally read only :)

Notepad++ is good for such things.

11. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    ^ yeah, NoviceRei pointed that out last time, id look into it later, some analog settings are in there but i wonder if it could ultimately remove the slight delay, thats why im opting to make it function as a wheel (prolly copying the config of the wheel controllers on other configs).

12. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Yep, gotta agree, runs like crap for me, 30FPS( in DX11 @ 3840x1024 on Ultra settings ) in a lot of places, drops to 20, i erm tried another version and it worked a hell of a lot better for some reason
    Even on DX9 mine runs like $hit
    I run Dirt 2 on ultra( same, 3840x1024 on Ultra settings ) on DX11 and it rarely drops below 55FPS with 4xAA enabled. F1 on the other hand has nothing going on???? i mean even in Timetrial it runs like crap.

I switched off AA in DX11, runs a hell of a lot better, still not as good as Dirt 2 though( with 4xAA ) and ive not done any of those tessellation hacks or anything. Its a shame really as it ruins an otherwise fun game( 30FPS for me in a driving game is absolutely horrible and on a hard corner seeing everything jerk along just annoys me bigtime especially in a race )

13. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    is the loading time long to very long for you as it is for me ?:infinity:

14. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    Yes. I have terrible loading times too.
    It' s one of the reasons i didn't played a lot with this game yet.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3

16. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    on dx9 here and load times seem really good , dont see the problem people seem to be having , only on a samsung 1tb f1 hd as well

plus i have used no tweaks or deleted any replay files , i simply installed , defragged hd with perfect disk and enjoyed it ever since:)

17. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    My Hard Disk where games are installed is D: and it is a seagate 250Go 7200/16 Mo for information.
    I just modified all the *.xml files that the link of Radical_53 pointed and hope to see a difference now that i've set DX11 and ambiant occlusion on properly.

Thx for the codemasters link Radical_53

;)

18. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Well, I'm running the game in DX9 off a 10,000 rpm velociraptor. Takes ages to load and runs like sh1t.

There are too many people reporting this for it to be simply a 'defrag'...

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @ukraver: Even though it may be ok, for some odd reason it's much faster in DX11 mode. I have my OS, the game and the replay file each on different drives. Works like a charm that way.

@toyten: You're welcome ;) I stumbled across it just recently and they improvements of the "full" mod (not just the two changes in the obvious xml files) were well worth the work. That guy really did us all a favor :D

20. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    seeing as I have DX10 hardware (HD4850) would their be any advantage in running DX11 mode? I mean, is the game DX10 as well, or is it DX11 DX9 only?