F1 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

@Kohlendioxidus

Yea I get black squares too in DX11 in Race03, BUT it only happens with AA.

So we have to find a way to disable the camera lens flares under DX11 + AA or find a way to force AA alternatively...

2. Avefenix

Avefenix Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GtX
    Love this game!!!
    Playing very nice in my old 8800gtx :D

3. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    this b*tch of a game wasn't running in dx11:3eyes:, i had to set dx9 to false in the .ini to make run in dx11, it really loads faster now, no graphical bugs for me, but my performance is horrible, 30-35 fps sometimes 29fps, 1680x1050, dx11, 8x msaa, ultra settings!!seriously?

i'll install 10.9 catalyst and see if anything improves..

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

You guys will get bugs starting with Race03 + DX11 + AA... Didn't have any bugs before.

In Race04 it's better, but I still saw a black square.

They need to fix this asap.

5. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    oke so catalyst 10.9 did increased my fps by a quite, but till 35-40fps it's not oke, the game doesn't look like a gpu killer..

so the artifacts, the black square is really annoying i reached race 03 and it started to appear to me too, man sometimes i can't see $hit cause of the flickering lights and that black square, it beams straight in my face..

6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yea... these lens flares are DX11 features but they're not quite working correctly for now. Some people keep telling me that Codemasters will release a DX11 patch later ?!?

7. Zom51

Zom51 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4GB
    ok at first my game ran like crap.. i got i7 system with 5970 and it ran at 20fps... this is what i did and it looks like it fixed it so far...

i left dx9 as it is i didn't change it to dx 11
    i deleted the replay file located in c>programdata>codmaster>formulaone>datacache>(username)>replay .. that file was 2.6gb before i delete it , my game was running at 20-30fps.. after i delete it my fps went way up..

and lastly ..in game audio options i changed it from rapture to software

so far game is running good. every time fps drop i delete the replay file and fps goes back up and loading times improve , i don't know what the problem is with this game.. 100% buggy or? its like developers intentionally made the game crap so we get console version :3eyes:

8. Nvidiaddict

Nvidiaddict Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce gtx 480 SLI
    my setup is running this game great, i did a race at monaco in the heavy rain

i have always over 90 fps , mostly above 100 but never saw it lower then 90

everything is maxed out @ 1900x1200 ,

I played the console version and Pc version difference is so much better on the graphics , It just looks so MUCH sharper , and the reflections are much much better

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    interesting bit there i did not have noticably bad fps but did have a 1.7 gig replay file going in that folder, going to delete that and see what happens.

*edit* yep deleting that file i have much faster load times, fps might be better to boot. a must do if your having issues out there.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  10. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    How do you guys get FSAA to work in F1 2010 on ATi cards (or rather, 5970 4GB)? No matter what I try, be it in-game FSAA or forcing it through CCC doesn't work. The game looks so ugly with all the aliasing. I'm using Catalyst 10.9 on Windows 7 64 bit, by the way.

Edit: If I turn <directx forcedx9="false" />, FSAA works fine.

11. Zom51

Zom51 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4GB
    i disabled aa in ccc i put it on " use application setting" and in game im using 4x and its working so far, im using catalyst 10.5 tho..

btw this game hates my 5970 lol maybe i need to update driver.. but i don't want to update it just for this game all other games run fine.. this is what i get if i disable 1 gpu on 5970..

[​IMG] lol blue lights. black squares all kinds of artifacts sigh codemaster!!!! :biggun:

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    There are game specific fixes and optimizations in either 10.8 or 10.9 (App profiles program?) so those drivers might be required though have other issues with Crossfire still apparently.
    (And a few titles, 10.9a is said to be pretty good though although mostly a hotfix for Crossfire performance particularly for 4870x2/4850x2 it contains other fixes and enhancements.)

13. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    wow that alot of issues, how is it a game like this goes out the factory doors. did developers just say what the hell lets just sell it and hope noone cares about the black blocks,UFO's, and crappy performance?.

14. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    those are some strange lights i say >_>

15. Zom51

Zom51 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4GB
    hahaha, i think so lol here is another one, this problem only happens if i disable 1 gpu,

[​IMG]

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ufos invade formula 1 race details at 5.

17. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Again dx11 is not official so complain about it when it is official!

18. BASGTA

BASGTA Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 7970 3GB
    I have no problems at all with this game. I had one crash to desktop in the middle of a race so far but that's about it. In GRID I had probably a CTD every hour.

19. m4rcus

m4rcus Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460
    Game runs like crap. Its bad company 2 all over again.
    You can see my system on the left, driver is 260.63
    Grid and Dirt2 both run great though.

[​IMG]

20. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I have had a few ctd with this game and it is full of bugs, but I don't see this as anything different from big time console releases. Hell my ncaa 11 college football took three months to get patched up for the broken features.