F.E.A.R Review Request (On Release)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by compgeek89, Aug 8, 2005.

1. compgeek89

compgeek89 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    Not only would I appreciate a review of the game but a DETAILED benchmark run on what 6600's and newer get playing the game at max settings without soft shadows and then with. I don't think Im the only one here interested either :)

2. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Hey m8... we are already intending to have a review out of FEAR, as it is one of the biggest FPS games of the year. The problem we have with your suggestion is 2 things:

1) We dont get review code. The games myself and Funkymonkey review, are games that we have had to buy ourselves, so by that simple fact, we cant get a copy until day of release. This means it can take a while after release for us to complete the game, and then write up the review concerned

2) Unfortunately, again, I am (and Funky is the same I think) not in the position where I have multiple rigs in order try different settings on different cards/set ups. I would love to be in a position to offer that, but unforunately the rig in my specs is the only one I have. Where I can, I 'borrow' friends PC's to get an idea of what a game will run like on a different set-up, but this option is not always available.

We will endeavour to get the best review out that we can, and as soon as possible, I myself cant wait for this game. :)

3. compgeek89

compgeek89 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    OK, i thought Hilbert might have access to all this hardware u guys review at guru3d, but whatever you can do would be sweet.

4. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    Yea... that would be a great idea. Everyone wants to know the optimal settings which he should use on his rig...
    But only if u had access to more hardware...:(

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I will speak with Hilbert... maybe he can do a hardware angle review, seeing as he has access to that kinda stuff, while either myself or funky does a 'gameplay' review. That way there will be two reviews in one. Not promising anything, its down to Hilbert to agree to it, but i will make the suggestion.

6. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    Cool! Thanks alot m8...