F.E.A.R.3 officially announced !

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by NiukNiuk, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    ****ING UNLOCK YOU MOTHER****ER!!!!!!!! Neeeeeearrrgh!!!! :bang:

2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    lol I feel ya, 11 mins to go, why not midnight release :s

3. michaels

michaels Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7970
    4 min to go

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah steam is awesome don't you think?? :p

5. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    so how much is dx11 used in this ?

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I don't know and after playing just a few minutes I don't care.

Colour me impressed. Not at the graphics (although I think they are just fine at max settings) but at the feel of the weapons, the combat and the new cover system.

IT FEELS LIKE PLAYING FEAR 1 AGAIN. :banana: I **** you not. Slow motion now looks and feels like FEAR 1 also as enemies no longer light up so all you see is body parts and blood baths.

Oh man. I'm so excited about playing the rest now. Again the graphics I think are actually great, with nice atmosphere and lighting effects which contribute to the combat etc. Playing it on hardest difficulty like I do all FEAR games and it seems really good, the AI is pretty clever even early on.

Forcing myself to go to sleep now so I can get stuck in properly tomorrow night. :D

7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Forgot to add, it runs great. Not getting any of the stutter lag many have complained about at max settings and 1920x1080 res. Runs like butter off a ski slope. Just needed to lower the mouse sensitivity is all.

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol forced cover and knifing instead of UA feels like fear1?

[​IMG]

ok slomo knifing looks kinda cool, but still..

9. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    I love FEAR 1. No other FPS has matched its combat.
    I didn't really like FEAR 2, the weapons felt weak and it looked like a kids game with all the glowing effect when using slo-mo.
    I completely lost interest in FEAR 3 and after watching videos of it I thought it looked like utter crap.

So I decided to "download" FEAR 3 just to try it out. And guess what? I loved it!! :D Seriously it's really good and actually feels a lot like FEAR 1 :banana:
    The weapons are amazing and the shotgun is back (they screwed up the shotgun in FEAR 2). Cover system works really good and fits in really well with the game. The game feels great and the graphics and art are excellent (great atmosphere too). I don't understand all the hate about the graphics. That slums level looked incredible! The lighting is excellent.
    So I'll be buying it ;)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  10. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    I enjoyed it, I am currently playing it a second time as Paxton Fettel. This is my only complaint is that he is weak when he should be stronger you pretty much just possess people the entire time.

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    @ The Hunter.

The cover system works well into the game. The engine in FEAR 3 has that some slightly off/slightly clunky feeling the original game had but that later became part of its charm. That same feeling was completely missing in FEAR 2 and I think the game suffered for it along with weak combat and glow in the dark enemies.

The AI in FEAR 3 also seem a lot more brutal and actually work around the room to get at you. Again something that wasn't often noticeable in the second.

12. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    This......
    THANK YOU ...THANK YOU for saying that. No game has even come close (Crysis who?) to that OOMPH one feels while blowing away an enemy in slow mo.....awesome mechanics. & i think for that alone, i might just buy FEAR 3.

13. LogiTekkers

LogiTekkers Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX SLi
    Ive played the first level of fear 3 and it just seems a bit too much run and gun for me compared to the previous games so far. I can see myself struggling to load up the game when ive got plenty more Crysis 2 to be getting on with :D

14. BASGTA

BASGTA Guest

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 7970 3GB
    I'm actually really enjoying it right now. Graphics are pretty good besides some really bad textures. I don't have any lag issues or anything. At first I couldn't get used to the mouse, I think it had some mouse acceleration on, then I disabled the aim assist and controller support and it was perfect.

Whenever I take pictures via FRAPS the pictures have a blue hue, anyone else get that?

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Just played for a bit soo tired, really liking it so far, the combat is more fear1 than 2 which I love, the guns feel powerful again :3

a few problems though, this game needs some anisotropic filtering badly (not tried forcing it yet but will do tomorrow)

aa*4 seems bugged *2 works fine and so does that fxaa? but that looks blurry but *4 makes my frame rate drop to 30ish gpu usage doesn't change from 60%

the weird frame rate issue people have posted about is deficiently there and needs fixing asap its like frames are doubling or pausing so weird to explain but it just isn't right

some of the textures are rubbish...but I can deal with them as the combat is fun again.

also I couldn't get mp to work at all I found a few fench people but we couldn't start a game it just kicked everyone :/ I hope this is fixed for tomoro.

also please add me on steam "DesGaizu" if your in Europe I want people to play mp with :)

16. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
    the best of all, has the power the speed and the horor.....in one word has the FEAR in it!

17. striderblade

striderblade Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX285 OC
    Wow what is with today FOV for first person shooter. I ****ing hate this console standard **** that ****ing up a good PC title like this one. Enjoyed the first and second. But this one make me want to puke.

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    installed the game and played a bit, you know what?

i was expecting it to be the worst game ever and i was actually surprised that it wasn't that bad, actually it does look quite decent even though it feels like a straight console port, the blood is one of the best of any game when its static, however when shooting enemies its far too exaggerated and it looks fake and quite distracting.

the game can get a little monotonous (or maybe cause i haven't progressed enough yet), i'm still at the cells so ye know you'll open a door and the enemies will flood in, maybe later it gets better, but overall so far this isn't really a complete disaster like i was expecting, but i'll be able to draw a conclusion later on. ;)

my current score is 6/10

19. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    agreed - really can't stand any more of these consolised franchises :biggun: if it ever so pick this up it will be from the bargain bin...

20. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    At 1920x1080 with full settings I'm only getting 30-50fps yet it's actually rather smooth.

So far I've only played about 10 minutes and it seems rather bland, but it's still good enough to play..I'll definitely be playing this over the weekend.