F.E.A.R.3 officially announced !

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by NiukNiuk, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    I should have the game today but I'm already being put off it by the framerate talk as this stuttering issue sounds like the sort of thing I'd notice and really annoy me.

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    its not that baad, but it gets annoying..

Kinda like keyboard reaction lag or something, when you press forward you can see small micro skipping (despite 60fps cap) and its actually worse with vsync off.

Imo its just another rushed console port, Fear2 was bad enough but this can be over the top lol

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Such a shame, f.e.a.r is still one of my favourite games and still looks and feels great.

it unlocks later on here in uk, I guess im interested in how the story ends but you guys have kinda ruined what Im expecting from it :/

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    It seems this game had texture problem with newer drivers just like crysis 2 does. I had some area where the floor would be brown.

I switch to 170.61 and everything is better, I think the texture look sharper too

guess Im staying with these drivers as it seems nvidia is missing something. perhaps they hired some one from ati and they messed with the newest drivers.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    170.61 drivers don't support FXAA.

6. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Tried to enable triple buffer via control panel, worked a little, but the problem is still there. I see no option for mouse smoothing in-game also.

...use a controller EWWW pass lol.

The game is good too imo, so hopefully this gets sorted soon.
    I've tried all sorts of drivers, no impact... guess its wait for patch or new driver time :bang: :puke2:

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    yeah thats the only drawback, but at lest the game supports the regular aa settings

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    FXAA is blurry compared to MSAA, prob why everything looks sharper with older drivers.

9. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    I'm just going to ignore this game completely and try and remember those glorious firefights form fear1...

the fear series is dead R.I.P.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Your loss, philheckler. The reviews for this game have been good so far... in the 80% range.

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

There's no loss. Only money saving. Why force yourself buying an average game?

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070
    because its possible!

besides no one can tell you if a game is good but yourself. its all personal.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    yeah wanny. u little troll bate.

ur liking isnt my liking and cant be. why u try to affect others man? iam gonna knife ur new mountain bikes wheel so u cant bike!

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    agree.. it went downhill after Persues mandate, Fear2 was a typical dumbed down consolistic port, Fear3 is even worse..

agree as well, to use a controller on a FPS no tnx :puke:

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hunter u have the game man? is that really sht?

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:

Well im still in that nuthouse/jail when you start the game, but that was enough for me to see whats going on..

DukenNukem looks better then this, even with that blurring to the max its still much better to look at compared to Fear3 with "dx11" -_-
    Also that weird lagg when you move forward is lame too..

I would try the "demo" to see if its really worth it, so far it ain't. Nothing like what FEAR is suppose to be, everything looked milked and voice acting same sheit over and over again..

edit: ok it gets a little better..except this lag while looking around + moving sucks allot..

Covering system is poor excuse for leaning, unarmed has become cod/bfbc2 type knife lol with slomo you get some boosting points..

also AA perf issues?? hmm i saw some dips with 4xaa, had to lower to 2xaa (im enhancing to 16xcsaa, it doesnt look like its working though) and for teh lulz when i use FRAPS it shows blue colored numbers :nerd:

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

No, I'm not trolling. I'm just able to see what the hell is going on with gaming right now and it's not a beautiful thing. I'm just closing my gaming mind until october/november. Until then, I will continue to crush ****ty console ports. Hell, they're not even console ports, they are simply **** sequels.

18. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    +1 :thumbup:

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Guessing this is moving even further down my to get list, the MP sounds interesting, but realistically i know i will never even try it out, and since the SP of both previous games have been so middle of the road, that i got bored of both games after a few days, i could be wasting money.

Might try and replay the first and second game again, incase my tastes have changed.

If i prefer 2, then i might get this, but if i prefer the original, then i won't bother.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Actually, the combat in this one feels more in line with the first game.
    I finished it this morning, took me 9 hours (according to STEAM) and I really liked it. Actually enjoyed it more then FEAR 2, and I liked FEAR 2.

As I said, the combat feels solid... weapon have some good punch to them. They don't have really deep, booming sounds (which I know everyone wants), but they sound good. Sort of a metallic sound, and it works.
    The melee attacks are back, and for anyone who was disappointed that in FEAR 2 they didn't feel like they had any "force" behind them, that's different here.

Visually, the game looks good. I know everyone is trashing the graphics and such... but I think the visual style works for the story they are telling and atmosphere they've built.
    It's not top end, but really, I don't expect every game on the market to have top end visuals.

I liked FEAR 3, and felt it was a good conclusion to the Alma trilogy. In a lot of ways, it feels more like the first game, but still feels more like it's own.