Eyefinity + Crossfire supported games??

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Hans Dampf, Dec 27, 2009.

1. rombat

rombat Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GE sli
    Hi Hans, crossfirex eyefinity works if you are using two 5870 or two 5850. I had two 5850 in crossfirex eyefinity running hotfix 9.12. The problem is when I got my 5970 and places one of my 5850 to create a tri crossfirex setup, that is when I got the mad stutters. The tri crossfirex works if you are using one monitor but if you use eyefinity it stutters, hopefully AMD will improve the drivers so you can mix any 5000 series in tri or quad with eyefinity. I got eyefinity with physx running on my setup, 5970 with 9800gt, just remember to get the patch that enables it.

2. Hans Dampf

Hans Dampf Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5970 H2O + GTX470 H2O
    Hi Rombat! Thanks a lot for your feedback┬░!

That's really bad news you have for me. I was expecting something like that - but hoped that 3x 5870 core could be fit to that.
    So I understand that 2x5870 and maybe 2x 5970 would match fine, but the combi actually does not.

Which card should I sell now?? Think I will replace the 5870 with another 5970
    Maybe I should wait for the next driver release :3eyes:

About PsyX: This is as far as I came upto now:

[​IMG]

Any idea how to arrange my screen-setup for PhysX?

3. rombat

rombat Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GE sli
    Hans, I would wait for new drivers before selling or buying another card. I see your not in the usa since your ccc and nvidia control panel are in a different lanquage! :) Looks like you got physx enable all you need to do is setup your monitor. Create your eyefinity group, 3x1 monitor setup. After you create your setup you need to make sure your the other monitor (9800gtx) is added to the group as an extended monitor. If you need more help on setting up your physx setup go to this forum:

http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/16223-nvidia-disables-physx-when-ati-card-is-present-28.html

GenL, is the person who created the patch to enable pyhsx on ati systems. You may also want to go to this forum:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=64

One of the ATI rep guy (Dave Baumann) visit this site and lots of people have been asking him questions about Eyefinity.

4. rombat

rombat Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GE sli
    Hans, just tried out 8.70 (10.1 beta drivers). I have tested tri-crossfirex eyefinity (5970 + 5850) with these with Team Fortress 2 , works great last drivers (9.12 hotfix) would cause major stutter when tri-crossfirex eyefinity was used! Try them out or you can wait a few more days for the final version.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F2ITECGD

5. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    So far eyefinity/crossfire has been ok... I still enjoy playing on a big tv at 1080p cause the framerate is way smoother.. It looks cool though.. 5970 eyefinity support has been working for me alright. RE5 Maxed/ lfd2 / street fighter 4 all good.. some just feel a bit laggy.. 3456 x 2048 .

6. csaris

csaris Member

GPU:
    5870 TriFire
    I am having issues with cf and eyefinity.

Although I see an fps boost in almost everygame, I get lots of stuttering.

Right now i've been runnining with just one 5870 and everything run lot better.

7. hunuok

hunuok Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX480 Tri SLI
    I too am having no luck with crossfire+eyefinity using a 5970 quadfire setup.

Crossfire only works on a single monitor and the latest 10.1 drivers are useless.

I have been holding my breath for "decent" drivers since my old 4870x2 quadfire setup.

I'm sick of hoping for the hail mary drivers that ATI have never really produced month after month, year after year.

Like their ad where the monkey installs the graphic card, I think that maybe monkeys also write their software.

Just my 2 cents.