1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyefinity 3 monitors lose sync with HD6990

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by r9800pro, Mar 13, 2013.

1. r9800pro

r9800pro Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Vapor-X R9 290
    I had this issue last year with my first HD 6990 and had to send it back
    and they sent me a new one after a month or so. The replacement card was new (at least looked like brand new) and worked fine for months but few days ago I started having the same issue.

Here is an explanation of the issue:

During Eyefinity gaming and within few minutes, the 3 monitors will lose sync and go black for a few seconds, I hear the "disconnect" sound and then the monitors light up again and game resumes in Windowed Eyefinity mode.

I tried both BIOS modes on my card, the standard 830Mhz mode and the 880Mhz OC mode and both give the same problem but with 830Mhz mode, it takes way longer untill monitors lose sync.

Different games give different results, some of them would work fine for as long as an hour and some would work for a few minutes. I used different drivers too and all of them give the same problem

The card works just fine in Eyefinity Windowed mode and single minitor full screen mode.

I was going to sell the card but don't want to sell it as faulty and I don't even know whether warranty is expired or not so I thought to ask here first.

Edit: The 3 monitors are all connected with 3 "Active" Mini-DP to Single Link DVI converters

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013