Extremely weird post errors

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by dicaprio772, May 12, 2012.

1. dicaprio772

dicaprio772 New Member

GPU:
    gskill 8gb
    Hello,

I just recently purchased a DP67BG and an i5-2500k, I popped them in and connected an SSD, 560ti 2 win (dual 560 ti gpu's on single card).

Now when I turn the on the computer the fans and what not turn on, however the CPU doesn't seem to, the POST error I get is E6 - not EB unless the B is not capitalized - I looked around and could not find much info about this,

so I set the bios jumper to recovery mode and tried installing the latest bios via flash drive,

I turned it on, it went to recovery mode, and different post messages came up, like 50, and what not, then it hangs on "77" which is apparently S/PDIF?? I'm guessing, it's important to note I do not have a 3 pin connected to the SPDIF as I was planning on using onboard...

Other times when I boot depending on the DIMM slot I put the ram in, I get error 26 and Error 27

I'm completely lost - what should I do?

I did buy these parts at compusa and they have been good in the past to a friend and fully refunded him, should I just go get a refund?

I couldn't find much info at all about "E6" or "77"

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I'd suggest contacting Intel about the errors and see what they suggest.

3. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Banned

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    and i suggest double check all connections, and try without SSD if it boots..

4. dicaprio772

dicaprio772 New Member

GPU:
    gskill 8gb
    All the connections are there, the only thing not connected is the SPDIF cable, which I just don't have one since my old mobo had an X-fi onboard chip

77 supposedly is the serial port / game port..that stuff is OLD..and so when I did the recovery it went through 4-5 different post errors then hung on 77,

other times when I boot depending on which DIMM slot I put the ram in I get error 26 or error 27

I'm going to try clearing the CMOS and popping the CPU out and back in see if theres any bent connectors or anything