Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - MASS EFFECT 2 (LE VERSION) - VRAM WORKAROUND/STUTTER = FIXED - URGENT UPDATE = 1/3/23:

So as before, I wanted try this time without any mods being applied, and yes, I can play it @ 3840X2160 in the same given area in question that I was having problems with, I can also play with the same reshade settings I was using before.

Even @ 2160p, I am already starting to go beyond my Vram limit but far as overall stuttering is concerned, huge stinkin' difference.

I also went back to ME1 (LE Version) with no mods applied, tried the most demanding area, which is Citadel, which takes huge hit on Vram, I checked for stuttering, everything seems fine.

I strongly believe its coming from the ISL (Improved Static Lights) Mod, but I am going to go through the normal mods first, apply those and see how it goes, if everything is fine, I'll install the Alot then observe from there, despite the fix, The Vram hit when compared to the DX9 counterpart + all the goodies to go with it = Massive difference, so be very careful while tuning this game while under similar Vram Restrictions.

Got to love working with restrictions, more updates to come.

EDIT:

Applied all the Misc mods first, all good, next I am going to try ALOV (Alot of Video) Mod, check performance, then install ALOT then check performance again, Defin't routing ISL is the source of the problem, I will revise this post asap once more detail emerges, and yes, I double checked the area that had lots of stuttering problems: Freedom's Progress, yup, 0 Stuttering, despite Vram already out, thanks.

EDIT ON ALOV 4K MOD:

This one is all set, wanted to make absolutely sure that this one does not hamper Vram while playing, just wanted to make sure, everything is all good, 0 stuttering, now going to install ALOT, will Edit later, thanks.

EDIT ON ALOT MOD:

As expected, everything is good, 0 stuttering, some dips within both 1% & .1% Lows at specific spots but it was like this before so all good to go, so end results = ISL was the source of it all, I had very strong feeling all along.

For those who are extremely curious what mods I used for this game, here they are in order:

ME2LE Order of mods installation:

Unoffical LE2 Patch
    Better Camera
    Even more hairsytles
    Miranda But_ Shot Restoration
    ESA Armor mod
    New Armours for Femshep
    EGM Armors
    EGM FiX Weapons in Cutscenes
    Femshep Helmet Clipping Fix
    ALOV
    ALOT Texture Mod

Far as ISL mod in general for the other MELE games, going to do the same way for ME1 LE and ME3 LE just to be safe, and one final word about this game, do "Not" Run this game (ME2 LE) as Admin as the game will not start, so for those who have a hard time starting this game, check under the game properties, make sure that Admin is not checked in the box, thanks for reading.

EDIT ON ME2 LE & ME3 LE:

Everything fresh from the ground up, installed all the mods I was using earlier on a clean version of both of these games, this time no ISL mod, everything is Golden, one thing to quickly point out, on ME3 LE, right beginning of the game (Outside), Vram is alot lower then the other 2 games but both games = 0 stuttering, so far so good, shouldn't be a problem now.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - MASS EFFECT 2 (LE VERSION) + ALOT MOD + RESHADE - PERFORMANCE IMAGES (OMEGA DISTRICT) - UPDATE - 1/3/23:

Here are some performance images showing 1 GPU vs 4 GPU's along with absolutely brutal reshade settings.

I have not ventured within the Omega Slums yet, I will very shortly and will give heads up later.

Heads up to all:

The performance images down below had to be compressed quite a bit so loss of image quality will be present, furthermore, by uploaded it here, it further decrease the overall image quality quite a bit, so please keep this in mind at all time please, thanks, also, I have links down below showing full 100% quality, thank you.

OS Used: RS3-RTM (16299) V. 2166 (Latest)

Graphic Drivers used: Modified Tesla Drivers: 427.60

Settings used within Gamersettings.ini + other misc modifications (Not Shown):

[SystemSettings]
    BorderlessWindow=False
    Fullscreen=True
    QualityBloom=False
    DynamicShadows=True
    UseVSync=False
    LightEnvironmentShadows=True
    MaxCharacterCinematicLightingPasses=3
    EnableLightEnvSHLights=True
    MotionBlur=True
    FilmGrain=False
    MaxAnisotropy=16
    AntiAliasing=True
    ResX=3840
    ResY=2160
    MouseSensitivity=75
    UseMouseDampening=True
    AmbientOcclusion=True
    MonitorIndex=0
    MaxShadowResolution=2048
    ShadowFilterQualityBias=2

Reshade settings used (RTGI settings shown below):

Reshade Settings.JPG

1 GPU:

MELE2 + Reshade - 1 GPU.JPG

4 GPU's:

MELE2 + Reshade - 4 GPU's.JPG

Image of Femshep:

Squad photo.JPG

Links to full 100% quality images:

1 GPU:

https://ibb.co/stBtpLC

4 GPU's:

https://ibb.co/tc4BV11

Image of Femshep:

https://ibb.co/CJwG8SF

As you all can see from the performance, more then perfect scaling potential coupled with excellent Bus Usage control (0% to 1%).

Will give full update after the Omega Slums area, stay tuned.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - MASS EFFECT 2 (LE VERSION) + ALOT + RESHADE - UPDATE ON LOCATION - OMEGA SLUMS - 1/5/23:

This area has been done for some time, was taking a break in-between.

Current stats thus far:

Everything is running excellent with some drawbacks:

First of all and this is still work in progress, whenever you engage a conversation with an NPC (In general), and this is without reshade, there is a drag on your overall scaling performance but it will quickly come back to normal, still working around the issue.

Stuttering:

For the most part, game scales more then excellent, there is some stuttering here and there within the Omega Slums area, mainly because of my Vram, but as I said before about the ISL (Improved Static Lights) mod, it was causing basically vast majority of the stuttering issue, even without the ISL mod, which was causing the Vram to go way over board, within Freedom's Progress area, there was times where my Vram was completely out and system ram was getting close to 20gb and this was without using the ISL mod, so, but for the most part with forced Vsync on, it runs excellent, considering the Vram restrictions I have to work around for, makes it alot more challenging and defin't alot more fun as well, also, speaking about stuttering, be careful on what you add within the Gamersettings.ini, the [Texturestreaming] parameter, it can make the stuttering more potent, so be careful while tuning.

All in all, I would say far as overall stuttering is concerned and keeping both 1% & .1% Low's at its peakest, the DX9 counterpart along with + Alot Mod + Reshade + msaa+sgssaa is significantly better but in the DX9 case, especially within Omega Slums area, you might want turn off Shadows as its known to cause massive scaling issues (Especially in certain given spots in the beginning of the game where Shepard regains consciousness) but its only in a certain given specific spot and location of the game (Only tested up and until the end of Omega Slums) so its not all the time and I have not found a work around that issue for the DX9 version as of yet, in time, yes.

Also, within Normandy, there is sections within the ship where the lights starts to flicker, and thats while using the RTGI version I strongly recommended, again, the RTGI version is the one I strongly recommend, is version 0.25 as anything above you will have problems with performance and flickering issues, absolutely not recommended, I have personally tried from V 0.26 to 0.33, so please do not use, if you want to test it on your own, you do it on your own risk, thanks.

Also, remember when I posted problem within reshade, while tuning: Mass Effect 2 (DX9 Version), under Add-ons, there is a setting called: Copy depth buffer before clear operations, underneath that, is a selection of resolution, the one that you need to use is the resolution that you are presently playing at, now on the DX9 version of Mass Effect 2, Only certain given time, will it show at a abnormal resolution, thus in the end, certain shaders won't work properly, but its only certain given times so its really nothing very serious as of yet, now, on the DX11 Version (LE) of Mass Effect 2, The resolution in question shows up properly this time, but, certain shaders like RTGI, is causing some light flickering issues in the same given area as the DX9 counterpart, so even though it seems to be working, it is having some issues in the same areas, so working on those as we speak.

Going to fix other misc stuff then going to test out Mass Effect 3 (DX9) and the LE version as well, the DX9 will use msaa+sgssaa (Forced AA), both will use reshade too, will give heads up later on both of these versions.

I am working on all 3 Mass Effects games, both DX9 and the LE version, going back and forth on all 3 games.

Going to go on Mass Effect 3, reach to a specific point, will give heads up later on those then back to the 1st game, going back and forth on all 3 games.

See you all on 3.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - MASS EFFECT 3 (DX9) + ALOT MOD + RESHADE + {2xmsaa+2xsgssaa} - QUICK PERFORMANCE UPDATE - 1/6/23:

Everything is golden, I am in the Mars base (Beginning of the game).

Going to show quick glance on how things are within the scaling dept.

Just a quick reminder to all:

Mass Effect 3 (DX9) without reshade, just like back in 2019 when I first started this game and 4-Way Sli in general, I can only get it up to Tri-Sli performance, the only way is to use hardcore reshade settings, and if your not using Reshade, you must crank the forced AA to the next level, to @ least {4xmsaa+4xsgssaa}. EDIT: In regards about 4xmsaa+4xsgssaa, without reshade, there seems to be a 54fps to 55fps cap, nothing I can do at this point, again, I only tested with with 4X970's so I don't know what exactly the reaction would be on other 9xx variants, so be careful while tuning, thank you.

Far as these quick performance images are concerned, I have used Quint_SSR.fx, which works fine but not perfect, for some reason and this ain't the only game that has this problem while using SSR, if you have your OSD up or even your main charc. lets say, in the far distance, sometimes your helmet will give off reflections far off in the background, OSD will show some reflections (Not with this game, Doom3 yes).

Also, if you used nvidia inspector forced AA, it will work in conjunction with the in-game built in AA, no need to set it to enhance the application settings within nvidia inspector, need to set it to override the application settings, works perfectly.

Now, If your going to tune this game without reshade and want the best possible overall scaling potential, you need to have Dynamic Shadows switched to off but be extremely careful, by switching Dynamic Shadows to off, Key cut-scenes, depending on which one, especially the intro cut-scene, the charc faces are darkened quite a bit, I routed this problem awhile back, took a bit to find out what was causing it, make sure Dynamic Shadows are turned on for proper charc. faces display, otherwise they will be dark.

I originally wanted to use RTGI within indoor situations, but it takes a major toll on my system while using Nvidia Inspector forced AA (2xmsaa+2xsgssaa), if you want to use RTGI with this game (DX9), and under similar setup as mine, you might want to crank down the resolution down a bit, that or don't use any nvidia inspector forced AA, no doubt, out of all the Mass Effect games (DX9), RTGI for this one, takes absolute huge hit, so I decided not to be using it as I rather have good AA quality, so I choose the forced AA route.

Lastly, if your going to be using SSR + Quint_MXAO.fx together, overall scaling will go absolutely haywire, SSR + MXAO.fx (From older version of reshade) works perfectly. EDIT: In regards about SSR in general, be careful while tuning with SSR as at times, you will notice tons of unwanted noise, so take extra precaution while tuning with SSR in general and it will also effect your overall Image Quality in general, particularly within the AA dept., it will absolutely hinder it completely, many thanks.

Performance section:

Just heads up:

The performance images down below had to be compressed quite a bit so loss of image quality will be present, furthermore, by uploaded it here, it further decrease the overall image quality quite a bit, so please keep this in mind at all time please, thanks, also, I have links down below showing full 100% quality, thank you.

OS used: WIN 10 X64 BUILD 16299 (RS3-RTM) UPDATE VERSION: .2166

Graphic Drivers used: Modified tesla drivers: 427.60

Settings used:

Resolution: 4k (2160p) - Dynamic Shadows & AA enabled within the game settings.

Reshade settings (MXAO.fx @ Very low):

Reshade Settings.JPG

1 GPU:

2160p - 1 GPU + ALOT + RESHADE + {2xmsaa+2xsgssaa}.JPG

4 GPU's:

2160p - 4 GPU's + ALOT + RESHADE + {2xmsaa+2xsgssaa}.JPG

Image of Femshep:

Femshep Image.JPG

Links to Full 100% Image Quality:

1 GPU:

https://ibb.co/0tcMS9T

4 GPU's:

https://ibb.co/348GjVy

Image of Femshep:

https://ibb.co/FwYf8mn

As you can see from the above performance images, absolute wicked scaling potential as well as excellent Bus Usage control (1%).

Yes, with these absolute brutal rehade settings + Forced AA, I needed to have Force Vsync to on as I was experiencing some frame pacing issues, this is usually happens with other games if my settings in general are incredibly strong, which they are, when I switched Vsync to on, if I am over 60fps (60hz screen), everything was running incredibly smooth as well as excellent on both 1% & .1% Low's.

I am going to finish this Mars base first then move on to the LE (Legendary Edition).

More to come.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention something of great importance:

If anyone is using that Holster mod for this game as the game don't naturally have one, if your not in combat mode, and lets say that, for instance, right before you take the Mars base elevator, goes into a cut-scene with Liara, then goes into a battle sequence, this will lead into a absolute dead lock mode, meaning in other words, you can't do anything besides moving, so be extremely careful while using this particular mod, always make sure that, prior to any cut-scenes and that leads directly into a battle sequence, make sure you are in normal battle mode, otherwise your a walking duck, its also a possibility that my other mods could be causing it, regardless, please follow the protocol to be utmost safe, thanks.

FINAL EDIT:

Some things we need to go over here:

I am in the very beginning phases of: Priority: Palaven Mission on Menae, Up and until that point, everything ran except for some problems:

Right when you land on Citadel, you will engage a cut-scene with an NPC name Bailey, right before you see him, I got an instant hang then a crash, I went back under 1 GPU mode to see if it would exhibit the same behavior and it did, thankfully I can skip certain given sequences just by pushing the space bar otherwise I would have some major problems, I am routing the cause of this issue is something to do with my Misc mods that I previously installed, that or something within the modified Gamersettings.ini, I have a host of mods installed on this game so going to be difficult to route exactly which one is causing it, its going to involve way to much time on this, so right after skipping the convo with Bailey, everything ran fine, including the cut-scenes with the councilors, on-boarding the normandy, all the cut-scenes there, all the way to Palaven Mission, so everything seems to running fine afterwards, there was a crash while I was playing on the Citadel, seems it just happened very unexpectedly, it hasn't happened since then, again, could be the mods, it seems Citadel also takes the most Vram hit thus far. Far as the ISL mod is concerned for this game, I am using the Lite version as I am using the EGM mod and ISL Full version will not install at all with EGM mod installed.

I also had a rare black out while in the Mars base (Beginning of the game), right before going to the Archive room, the game went completely black, then about less then 10 seconds, game came back on naturally, I added something within my custom made bits during this time, I then took out that change then went back to the same area in question, didn't act up this time, there is a slight increase of Bus Usage within the Citadel, looking for ways to fix it.

I only played only very little of the Palaven Mission, seems to be running fine.

Alot more updates are coming, just the very beginning.

Time for a long break, been up all night, time to rest up for a bit.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - MASS EFFECT 3 (DX9) + ALOT + RESHADE + FORCED AA - CRASH DURING CONVO WITH BAILEY @ CITADEL (BEGINNING) = FIXED - UPDATE - 1/6/23:

I routed the problem on what was causing this crash, as suspected all along, it was coming from one of my mods.

Before I begin, I am using the ME3 Tweaks Mod Manager, I disabled some mods and went from there, in the end, it seems it was coming from a mod called:

Project Variety V. 3.3

I disabled both: Project Variety Extras 3.3 & Project Variety Patches 3.3 while this crashed occured.

Now, whats interesting with the disable feature, lets say you have the interface scaling mod installed and disable it through ME3 Mod Manager, the interface scaling mod will still be in effect so just heads up on it.

Far as mods is concerned, I am going to list the major ones I am using, others won't be listed.:

Alot

Ark Mod 0.96

EGM Mod 1.71

Priority Earth Overhaul Mod

Project Variety 3.3 (Disabled to fix crash with NPC Bailey @ Citadel)

Project Variety Extras 3.3 (Disabled to fix crash with NPC Bailey @ Citadel)

Project Variety Patches 3.3 (Disabled to fix crash with NPC Bailey @ Citadel)

Spectre Expansion Mod 1.3.1

So, for those who are very similar problems, try disabling Project Variety and its sub contents, you should be all set to go.

Also, with the key mods I have installed now and if I disable Project Variety 3.3, within the Citadel, when using the Elevator, I only have 2 selections as oppose to all 4, so just heads up on it.

Now, to make 100% positively sure that it is coming from Project Variety 3.3, I would have to use a clean, vanilla (Completely unmodified) version of Mass Effect 3 (DX9) and just install Project Variety 3.3 alone, which I am not going to do right now, maybe at a later time. EDIT: I tried using a Vanilla copy of this game that I had backed up and just installed only Project Variety 3.3 and loaded up my saved game, immediately got a crash, this means with this mod alone, I would have to play from the beginning of the game to point of the Citadel crash due to mods being installed at the time of the save location, will try at a later time.

Be careful on which ones you are disabling, doing so won't load your saved file properly, it will result in an immediate crash as I tried to disable the EGM Mods and try to keep the Project Variety mod intact while testing, crashed right during loading saved game.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT:

I reload my saved game using the Vanilla copy of the game, I had to use my factory Gamersettings.ini as after you install Alot, there is Texture parameters that were added to the .ini, preventing me to load my save game.

Now, I just installed Project Variety 3.3 along with the hair mod and the DLC bypass files, I went back and restarted the Citadel cut-scenes, very interesting, the game does not hang this time, so I am guessing that there is conflict with other mods, if anything more, I will re-edit post, thanks.

EDIT:

I doubled checked just using Alot Mod + Project Variety, conversation with Bailey @ The Citadel, does not crash, everything ran perfectly throughout the entire scene.

I also just earlier, went through of the major mods I have, one by one on a Clean Vanilla (Unmodified) version of this game, seems no crashes.

I am going to go though each mod individually, run the game, if everything is good, I will install Alot at the end and will give final edit within this post so stay tuned.

FINAL EDIT:

So here are the end results, I installed the Mods, one by one and checked to see if it would crashed, it did not, then I installed Alot, checked again, absolutely no crashes of any kind, everything ran perfectly, I also double checked the cut-scene where you talk to the Councilors, ran excellent with 0 problems, even after the cut-scene, everything ran solid.

Now, there is something I need to really bring up on here for those who are tuning/modding this game.

If you previously have a DLC hair mod installed from a another backup Mass Effect 3 game, and you also installed Alot mod on top of it, you can no longer use this DLC Hair mod on to another working Mass Effect 3, If you were going to install Alot, as soon as you try to install Alot, you will be greeted with an texture error, its seeing a previously installed textures and game needs to be completely uninstalled and re-installed, there is no need to uninstall or re-install, just make sure on your clean vanilla (Completely Unmodified) version of Mass Effect 3 (DX9) and have a Clean DLC Hair mod that you wanted to use, installation will work with no issues.

Well, that's it for today, been up quite some time, more to do tomorrow, thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  6. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Been playing around with tiny tinas wonderlands, after you educated me Mr Bear, I'm at 0x0000E1F1 but the gui is flickering and I have 15 to 18 fps more than dx12, any suggestions, also its messing my screenshots up for some reason?

1 gpu
    [​IMG]

2 gpu
    [​IMG]

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DX12 = X For the most part, try Rise of the Tomb Raider to start, DX12 under sli mode works perfectly but it depends which graphic drivers your using.

Ever tried forcing the game: Tiny Tina's Wonderland under DX11 by using the -dx11 launch option through steam, if you can, please tune under dx11 instead, and the game uses UE4 engine so tuning difficulty is going to be much higher then others, I would start with a milder game to work on, UE4 based games takes tons of time and experience, I would try something lesser first.

8. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    I have already, that's why screenshot says dx11?

But my fps is random when taking screenshot, it jumps up and down.

I noticed if I did anything with the 7th hex other than f, my fps halved.

Which you already said, but I was just messing around with profile inspector.

9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Oops, I apologize, going way ahead of myself, again, tuning is going to take time, please review all of my UE4 works and start from there, personally, I wouldn't touch any UE4 based game unless you have some kind of decent experience working with other games first that don't use UE4, they just require lots of time and also decent amount of tuning experience will be required.

Also, I would very strongly recommend reverting your windows build X64 to RS3 (16299) or under as well as modified graphic drivers: 392.6x (Quadro) or drivers 43x.xx or under, use another good working SSD to do all of your testing/tuning on, I have discussed the main reasoning behind it in past posts, please check back on it, I won't be on my pc till way later on today.

10. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    I have a spare 1tb m2 ssd but where do I get that windows build from?

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Search for the .iso, look for x64 build 16299 (RS3-RTM) with perferably update version .2166.

Far as RS2, use: Build 15063 (RS2-RTM) with perferably update .2108.

Going to be kinda hard find these specific builds with the provided updates, you can always download the updates within microsoft website but sometimes, even if you have the correct build, the update will say: Not applicable for your system, so this is the main reason why I said to search the .iso that have these specific updates, its not going to be easy to find thats for sure.

You might find one of these with those updates that I just mentioned but it may not be in the language you would hope for, you can always go to pc settings and download a language pack of your choice, this part, I never had an issue.

12. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    So do I install that and disable updates?

13. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
  14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Yes, but, you need the .iso, you need to search for it and good luck finding one with .2166 in english cause I couldn't, I found one in Polish, again, I can always download the language pack within the pc settings so all good.

Burn the .iso with a burning program, good one is Rufus.

Far as changing languages, look here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-219f28b0-9881-cd4c-75ca-dba919c52321

15. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Great :).

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I won't be on my pc for awhile so I won't be able to reply to anything until later on the day, and also please look back on pg. 71, scroll down to where I replied to user: ssj92, I explained the main reasoning of why such early Win X64 build and graphic drivers were being used, there is a reason for it, please review it again for your own reference, thanks.

17. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Have you used this windows build with 2080ti's?

18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I never owned any RTX's before but out of thousands worth of hrs invested into 4-Way Sli tuning, thats what I strongly recommend, please review pg. 71, scroll down to where I replied to ssj92, I explained all the main reasoning behind it, and yes, if I were you, please review it and take my advice to be utmost safe, even then, there is absolutely no guarantees that it will work with the RTX 2xxx as I never conducted any testing with "Any" RTX cards, again, I won't reply to anything until later on the day, thanks.

EDIT:

Forget to mention earlier that, on beginning of pg. 71, I also replied to you as well as to why the reasonings behind earlier win 10 X64 builds & graphic drivers, please review it again for your own reference.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Hello again Volteron, if you have not found the windows build that I suggested, I will provide you links directly to them.

Before I begin, RS2 of windows (15063), its revision is .0, I could not find the .2679 revision, which is the very latest one, that link was provided from another user on this forum (Guru3D), I checked my inbox if I still have the link, nope, I must have deleted it, think it was a modified version, I had no problems with it though but I no longer have the link, there was one I found here (Guru3D) but the link does not work.

There is also a modified version of Windows Called the Potato Edition from Ghost Spectre, EDIT: (15063.2500 Is available to download on his youtube channel), you can look his stuff up on youtube, just type under youtube search bar: Windows 10 Potato Edition, he even shows performance differences as well, Special thanks to Kozary on letting me know this version as I had no idea in the first place, however, that being said, I would strongly suggest not using this version of windows 10 as I have not conduct any sort of testing on it, so I would strongly advise holding back on this for the time being.

Now, for the links I suggested earlier:

For: Win 10 X64 Build 15603 (RS2-RTM) Revision .0 (Initial release):

https://archive.org/download/Win10_1703_English_x64/Win10_1703_English_x64.iso

For Win 10 X64 Build 16299-Polish version (RS3-RTM) Revision .2166 (Latest)

https://archive.org/download/16299....ELEASE_SVC_PROD1_CLIENTMULTI_X64FRE_PL-PL.ISO

Now for the RS2 version, you should be able to update it to .2108 with no issues, I tried initially to update it to .2679, it says not applicable for your system (On another 15063 .iso, not the one shown above), if you need link to that revision (.2108), here it is but first, (EDIT ON .2108): Link to this update does not exist any longer, you will need to install SSU (Service Stack Update) prior to updating to .2108:

SSU - October version of 2019:

https://catalog.s.download.windowsu..._4b0272df95f1a1167da05fe7640e1620b66ad470.msu

Far as version .2108 update for RS2, it seems its no longer available on Microsoft's website, however, I did find this instead:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

If you look under ESD first, scroll down to where you see 15063, the highest revision is .486 and yes, the link is still up, some updates on that site, no longer exist so just heads up on it.

You will also need an ESD Decrypter in order to convert to .iso, thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

For RS2 version of Windows 10 X64, Update revision .2679 is still available for download on microsoft's website, but you will need to install the latest SSU, which is back in 2020, its there latest one for this Version of Windows (RS2):

SSU LINK:

https://catalog.s.download.windowsu..._a09bd8cb699781c1f52563db334ea294493e47cf.msu

Link to revision .2679 (X64 Version/Update only):

https://catalog.s.download.windowsu..._40fa4a2bc24183c18efa21dd13056c6711a988d4.msu

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally if I were you at this point, go ahead and download the RS3 version instead with revision .2166 attached to it, I experienced 0 issues as of yet, works just like RS2, performance is more or less the same, far as overall stability is concerned thus far? About the same, other misc issues, same, no difference, in other words, 4-Way Sli works Perfectly with 0 Issues nor any stability issues "if" everything is tuned and configured accordingly.

Speaking about Potato version, Kozary, have you tested this version out yet?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  20. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Downloading now thanks :).

Btw I have borked my inspector by deleting it and can't seem to get broadcast bits back even after exporting and importing lost planet profile?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023