Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE + RESHADE - CURRENT CHALLENGES + BOSS BATTLE - UPDATE - 11/29/21:

Current Challenges that I am facing right now:

This one is going to be rather interesting:

As before, when hitting certain specific spots at a given location, even under 1 gpu mode, you will experience some kind of drag for a bit(Similar to DSIII), and this always pertains the same exact spot, and whats very interesting is this:

Lets say my Current Fps under Quad Sli + Reshade with this game, before hitting these drag spots, 55 to 56 fps range, then all the sudden, soon as you hit these drag spots, your overall scaling potential is reduced to like 48 fps or so, I even tried to do it without reshade, nope, same thing, I also tried to see if I can refresh my scaling potential by lowering all the in-game graphic quality settings and lowering the resolution then go back to normal playing resolution, nope, I even further investigate this issue by going to the engine.ini file and removed hefty amount of stuff, again, nope.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT ON 11/30/21:

Forgot to mention this as well:

Let's say that right before hitting this particular drag spot, while turning the camera to the other direction(The direction in which you was originally coming from), was lets say like 56 fps, soon as you hit this drag spot, then all the sudden, turn your camera and face the direction in which you was coming from, that 56 fps is now shifted down to like 49-50 fps range, so I am currently extremely hard investigating this issue as we speak, DSIII had these drag spot problems but my scaling always went back to normal afterwards, this one is different and very interesting nontheless. The drag spot also pertains to 1 Gpu and that is without reshade, with reshade, I did not see any at all, I believe why it didn't drop with reshade is mainly because absolute brutal reshade settings I am using, so it wouldn't matter, there is a fps hit right after the drag spot with 1 gpu(Without reshade), There is a Tremendous hit(Depending on resolution as well), but it is there.

Also, another heads up, there could be a chance that, by walking backwards lets say, on these specific drag spots, you will not notice any drag at all but you will see a reduction on your fps, its always on these specific spots, these spots are not random, absolutely not, they are "Always" the same exact spots, and it does not matter the area of the game.

EDIT:

Tried more testing, this time, under 1 gpu, completely eliminated everything within the engine.ini and run the game at purely stock settings(Factory), set everything within the in-game settings to: LOW, @ 1920X1080 Resolution, and this time with Vsync(60Hz) turned on.

Very interesting things are happening, ok, this is with Vsync turned on, right before hitting this particular drag spot, my fps says 60 Fps @ 44% Gpu usage, right after I hit the drag spot, after everything settles down, it went from 44% Gpu usage to 50% Gpu Usage, I then did the same testing, this time, while looking the other direction(The direction in which you was originally coming from), Gpu usage went from 45% to 49%/50% range, so something in this area(After the drag spot is hit), its causing the Gpu to work harder, something within the area or something for that matter is causing the Gpu to work more harder then it should, thus, reduction in performance, again, I am extremely hard at work investigating this issue as we speak, more updates to surely come.

If anyone with 1 gpu(Doesn't matter which one), is having these issues, please share, would love to hear, thanks.

EDIT ON PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCES:

This is while Vsync is turned off, 1 GPU mode, @ 1920X1080 Resolution, NO RESHADE, everything set to low within the in-game settings, Engine.ini = Empty(Factory), here are some results:

Right before hitting the drag spot:

Facing Foward:

139 Fps to 142 Fps

Turning the camera in the original direction(backwards):

147 Fps to 150 Fps

Now after the drag spot:

Facing Foward: 113 Fps to 116 Fps

Turning the camera in the original direction(backwards):

126 Fps to 127 Fps

As you can see, There is quite a bit of difference here, again, with brutal reshade settings, I didn't see a single dip but that was @ 4k, fps stayed the same(With custom engine.ini).'

Again, to make everyone perfectly clear once again to everyone, this "Only" Pertains to the same usual spot of that given area, there might be a chance that the drag or the huge stutter might not be seen, but soon as you pass this same/stutter spot, fps goes down, and from what I can see, it stays down for a given time, again, much more testing is needed, I might test on my other system(Titan Xp), and see if it behaves the same.

EDIT ON 11/30/21:

Went to my gaming system with a Single Titan Xp.

The Win 10x64 build that's on this machine is: 19042.1288(20h2).

I used the same exact Hellblade build version as the one I am using with my Quad Sli Tuning Rig, and the drivers that using with the Titan Xp, I was using another driver but the stupid Windows overwritten the drivers on top of it, despite me shutting off the windows update, it still installed on top of it, but moving foward to the game, as before, while I was testing this game under win 10x64: 19044(21h2) Build, the game can not get into proper full-screen, even though I went under properties and check where it says: Disable full-screen optimizations, this helps for some games but for Hellblade it does not work.

Next, on my Titan Xp rig, I then went on the game, and I checked the Titan Xp's performance on Full-screen and windows Fullscreen mode, Both the same exact resolution, it made no difference, so I had very strong suspicion that it even if I choose fullscreen mode, it ain't running true full-screen, as true-full screen mode will run faster, but moving on to the drag spots, yes, it was still there and yes, the fps before and after is absolutely staggering, within 1600p, lowest preset settings, I saw much as over 50 fps difference, Damn!, just want to make sure, yup, same problem.

So really looking into this very challenging issue, This is a very serious problem if other people are experiences to and the fact that the game can not even run True Fullscreen mode on the latest build of Win 10x64, so just heads up folks.

I'll check out again, this time, on the latest version of Hellblade on my Titan Xp, see how it will react again, firmly believe the situation will still be there, if it is, I'll email Ninja Theory about this issue, this a very serious issue.

LAST EDIT ON 11/30/21:

Very last edit for this post,

I tried the newest version of Hellblade through steam, and I tried both DX11 & DX12 Api, and as expected the conclusion were the exact same as it was before, the most staggering is the DX11 Api, after hitting these drag spots, @ 1600p, Lowest preset settings, single Titan Xp, from low 200+ fps to like 110+Fps, WTH? I am guessing the gap was very huge due to the game is not being in true full-screen mode, nevertheless, I'll send an email to Ninja Theory to really look and to investigate this issue, Other people over the years encountered similar experiences as well, this is a very serious issue, I will follow up on this later with an update, thanks for reading.

All extreme hardcore Sli tuners out there, and stumbling upon this problem, I also found this:

https://digilander.libero.it/ZioYuri78/

This will really help in the tuning process, not just Sli but single gpu as well.

Something is causing this extremely serious issue, if I found anything new, be on a lookout on new post in regards about this problem, it will be squared away, one way or another rest assured.

Also, I tried under photo mode and to see if going through these spots will cause an issue, to my amazement, there was absolutely no drag of any kind nor any kind of fps drop, another WTF moment.

Also, this is with while I lowered basically everything within the engine.ini file, if anyone is interested, please use it for your tuning:

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
    r.AmbientOcclusionSampleSetQuality=0
    r.SkyAtmosphere=0
    r.Upscale.Quality=0
    r.RefractionQuality=0
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
    r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
    r.MaterialQualityLevel=0
    r.ReflectionEnvironment=0
    r.DetailMode=0
    r.LightShaftAllowTAA=0
    r.TonemapperQuality=0
    r.SubsurfaceQuality=0
    r.SkyLightingQuality=0
    r.LightFunctionQuality=0
    r.LightShaftQuality=0
    r.ShadowQuality=0
    r.SSR.Stencil=0
    r.SSS.Filter=0
    r.SSS.SampleSet=0
    r.SSS.Checkerboard=0
    r.AOSampleSet=0
    r.AOUseHistory=0
    r.SSR.Quality=0
    r.SSR.Temporal=0
    r.SSAOSmartBlur=0
    r.ContactShadows=0
    r.Atmosphere=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
    r.VolumetricFog=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
    r.MaxAnisotropy=0
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

Yes, with the above parameter, along with my brutal reshade settings, @ 4k(2160), while the in-game settings all set to low, before the drag spot I get about 17 fps, after, didn't change, still 17 fps, now under Quad Sli mode + my custom made bits, I get about 59 to 60 fps, before the drag spot, it was hitting like 68 to 70 fps(Perfect Scaling). I also ventured further down within this same area, another drag spot but this time, nothing is effected, fps comes back to where it was, upper 50's, so the drag is still there from the previous spot.

Now just looking to lessen the gap some, I managed some but not what I have hoped for but much better now but the drag is still very much present.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I was looking for a trainer that I can use to see if I can save my game anywhere and teleport there at will, yes, the trainer does work, first what I did is: Soon as I loaded up saved game, I went passed this particular drag spot, then saved it through the trainer, next, I went back to the main menu screen, re-loaded my saved game, did my resume technique to help stabilize the flashing textures,etc, everything looked pretty much fine, next, I reloaded the saved area(From the Trainer), then did my usual thing to help bring back my overall scaling potential, doesn't work.

It seems to me that, beyond these drag spots(Depending on the location of the game), there is some kind of scaling reduction, I did checked however under 1 gpu mode to see if it does the same, without reshade there was quite a bit of fps hit reduction, but with reshade, it did not change(As expected), So currently investigating this particular issue as we speak.

I recently went to the area where you fight the boss called: Garm, and during battle + Extreme Reshade settings and @ 4k(2160), Custom made Bits, Custom Made engine.ini:

1 GPU:

Min Fps: 13
    Avg Fps: 14
    Max Fps: 15

4 GPU's:

Min 47 fps to 48 fps range
    Avg Fps: 50+ Fps
    Max Fps: 55 Fps

Boss battle's performance looks pretty good.

I further checked alot more areas and for the most part, it scales good to excellent scaling, there are some kinda rough areas(As I described the situation earlier).

Might give this game a break tomorrow and work on Baldur's Gate 3 for a change.

Always continously check back later for the most up to date stats on my works.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE + RESHADE - FPS GAP AFTER DRAG SPOT, SOME WHAT FIXED - UPDATE - 11/30/20:

I found some ways to lessen the fps gap after those nasty drag spots(Only in specific areas).

First I tried to disable everything within the game itself through the engine.ini, next, I used some of my modified engine.ini parameters within the same .ini file, then I tried pushing the game as much as I could by using absolute brutal reshade settings, with incredibly high MXAO and gloomAO settings & @ 4000X2250 resolution.

I suspected this might me a temp. work around, and here are the results in the same area as I mentioned in the last post, after the drag spot:

1 GPU:

Min Fps: 6
    Avg Fps: 8
    Max Fps: 8

4 GPU's:

Min Fps: 25
    Avg Fps: 30
    Max Fps 31+

As you can see, after the Nasty drag spot, I still managed to keep my Scaling under Quad Sli under complete control, infact, Perfect Scaling!!!.

I am going to fine tune it to where I can increase the Fps a tad more and without those nasty huge fps gaps.

Actual Working engine.ini that I was using during this quick test run:

r.EnableAsyncComputeTranslucencyLightingVolumeClear=1
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
    r.AlsoUseSphereForFrustumCull=1
    r.MultithreadedShadowmapEncode=1
    r.DrawRectangleOptimization=1
    r.TriangleOrderOptimization=1
    r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
    r.AmbientOcclusion.Compute=1
    r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=0
    r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.Cache.UpdateEveryFrame=1
    FX.AllowGPUSorting=1
    r.VirtualTexture=1
    r.HZBOcclusion=1
    r.EarlyZPass=2
    r.DetailMode=0
    r.LightShaftAllowTAA=0
    r.TonemapperQuality=0
    r.SubsurfaceQuality=0
    r.SkyLightingQuality=0
    r.LightFunctionQuality=0
    r.LightShaftQuality=0
    r.ShadowQuality=0
    r.SkyAtmosphere=0
    r.Upscale.Quality=0
    r.RefractionQuality=0
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
    r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
    r.MaterialQualityLevel=0
    r.ReflectionEnvironment=0
    r.SSR.Stencil=0
    r.SSS.Filter=0
    r.SSS.SampleSet=0
    r.SSS.Checkerboard=0
    r.AOSampleSet=0
    r.AOUseHistory=0
    r.SSR.Quality=0
    r.SSR.Temporal=0
    r.SSAOSmartBlur=0
    r.ContactShadows=0
    r.Atmosphere=0
    r.VolumetricFog=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
    r.MaxAnisotropy=16
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

This is just a temp. test, to see how my overall scaling would react if I keep the fps in or around 30 fps range, was extremely curious of the fps gap.

Again, there were other drag spots in this specifc area and after it did its thing, my fps went back the same but this is still within the area, after the drag spot so its still holding back by it.

More updates to come in regards about this nasty issue, I already emailed Ninja Theory in regards about this issue, already tested it on my other system(Titan Xp), same Hellblade version build or the newer build(Both DX11 & DX12 Api), with Factory Engine.ini Settings(Empty), and I belive the drivers was, I think: 471.xx, got to double check, again, it doesn't matter, the situation is still there and its still very serious, hopefully get an email back soon.

I'll be doing more testing with DSR(Probably 4.5k resolution or higher) + A much calmer MXAO and gloomAO settings to lessen the gap some, I'll do more testing later, generally, anything higher then 16 Samples with MXAO, there is basically no difference from what I can see, some games will pick up differently but in this game, no difference, another thing about MXAO, you got to be careful on the MXAO distance spread as to much, your charc, on the arms won't look right, so be careful while tuning MXAO with this game, gloomAO on the other hand is very nice addition to this game but takes alot of hit, so it has to be adjusted accordingly, and yes, you will see more differences if this is jacked all the way up compared to MXAO.

3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - PERFORMANCE DROPS, BEFORE AND AFTER DRAG SPOTS - IMAGES + EMAIL REPLY - 12/1/21:

1st things 1st, I just got a speedy reply back from Ninja Theory, this is their reply:

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

We are aware of some players encountering stuttering when playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice since the latest update was rolled out. This is not actually a performance issue that can be resolved by graphics settings or by hardware, this is unreal engine loading in shaders necessary to run the DX12 feature set included in the latest build. Generating these shaders is potentially causing this stutter, we are currently investigating the issue and looking at potential fixes to help mitigate these issues.

And to cut the long story short, I had very strong suspicion that is has something to do with generating shaders, etc,etc well before I emailed them but wanted to contact them to make them aware about this very serious issue.

Also, I provided some images of before and after these drag spot in this one specific spot/location.

People over at Ninja Theory, if your viewing this thread, thanks for the quick reply, hopefully you can get the situation fixed and if it gets fixed, hopefully you can grant my request of somehow manually installing a patch on the version of I am using, which is the version right below the newest one as the newest one, My project is basically = X, so hope you all can consider a patch for me(Very Special request if I can not fix it) on my end so I can continue with my project, I seriously want to get this project all finished, cause it is already looking extremely promising, thanks for reading.

Images shown below, the version build is the one right before the massive update that they just recently did, also the engine.ini has been extremely modifed(Basically eliminating everything) for this test, @ 1440p, lowest preset settings, the complete list of the parameters I used within the engine.ini is on the previous post, be sure to check it out, thanks.

Pics:

Facing Forward, Before drag spot:

1 GPU - Front - Before.jpg

Facing foward, After drag spot:

1 GPU - Front - After.jpg

Facing the opposite direction, Before drag spot:

1 GPU - Back - Before.jpg

Facing the opposite direction, After drag spot:

1 GPU - Back - After.jpg

In addtion to the images shown above, as before, this was also tested on a completely different machine, comprising a single Titan Xp(With a totally different Driver), and a totally different windows build(Newer one, and the newer Win 10x64 build = Can't force Hellblade to true-fullscreen mode, no matter what I do, on the older win 1064 builds, such as RS2(15063), No problems whatsoever, true fullscreen works perfectly and yes, the situation was still there with the other machine, so yes, very serious issue, so hopefully they can also look into this situation as well.

Again, I also personally used a Trainer for this game, saved right after the drag spot, Logged out the game, re-started the game back again, load up the game, re-loaded the saved area from the Trainer, did my usual thing to bring performance back to par, nope.

And also in regards about something I have never mentioned while re-working on this game, how is Tri-Sli performance is concerned? Far's I can tell, Excellent, the Fps Gap compared to Quad Sli, in these situations, Tri-Sli eats it for lunch, again, I am currently extremely hard at work fixing this issue or a work around this issue.

On the newest version build of this game, under DX11 Api, the performance drop is even helluva alot worse(While using Stock engine.ini(Empty)) oh my goodness, Thanks for viewing.

EDIT ON WORKAROUND:

I did managed to get that 136 fps shown above to very low 150 fps range, here's what I did.

While keeping the same exact engine.ini from the previous post, I added this parameter:

r.Shaders.BoundsChecking=1

Next I launched the game, this time I went into the graphic settings, and I switched my resolution to a one notch down and while keeping everything on the lowest settings, I only changed the View Effects settings to very high.

After I reloaded my saved game, I then proceed to hit this specific drag spot(Shown above/images), then right after the first step, I went back to the in-game graphic settings, I then switch the View Effects Settings to Low, Don't click apply just yet, change your resolution to where you originally had it, in this case, mine was @ 1440p, then after changing both of these, click on apply, fps should be more higher then before, in this case, I saw about 151 to 152 fps range, big difference compared to before, With heavy duty reshade, your not going to see much difference at all, more updates to come.

4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - BALDUR'S GATE 3 - v4.1.1.1224125.Hotfix.3 - UPDATE - 12/1/21:

Just recently went back on this game for good, what, 3 hrs or so, and yes, looking into using reshade with this game.

Everything is looking very good, I made it to the transponder(Very beginning of the game), cutscenes, etc, everything is runing good, however, after that is all set, you will be prompt on a loading screen, this is where(Subject to change) that 1 gpu mode should be used as you will be on a black screen during the next loading cutscene, that or a crash and at one time, my system hunged(While doing CNTRL+ALT+DEL right after the loading sequences is done in hopes to bypass it), so I am in the next area of the game.

Current Reshade filters(Shaders) being used for this game(Subject to change):

DPX
    Curves
    Levels
    Bloom
    Hdr(Fake Hdr)
    Hq4x
    Local Contrast
    Hbao
    Mxao

Also, I tried disabling Reshade while the next area was being loaded(After the Transponder Cutscene), nope, please operate under 1 gpu mode to bypass the stuck/hang and or crash problem, followed with a loading screen to the next area(Until I find a work around, thanks).

Current bits has not changed since my first annoucement of this game nor the resume technique to get all the screen flashing/texture flashing fully stabilized, so please visit back to the 1st update of this game and use the bits mentioned there for now and the texture flashing stabilization method, thank you.

Everything is looking extremely good, there was some frame pacing here and there, even set to 59fps through nvidia inspector, it is alot better but still there(With and without reshade).

So for those who are seriously tuning this game under Sli mode, please use the:

v4.1.1.1224125.Hotfix.3 Build, nothing later as you will encounter many issues, please use: "Only" the previously mentioned build, absolutely no exceptions.

I will be looking into the final build of this game, there are aiming for early next year's release, I will certainly follow up on it, but for now, please use: v4.1.1.1224125.Hotfix.3 build, thanks.

Look for next update on this game.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - ASROCK SERVER RACK(EP2C612) REVISITED - UPDATE - 12/3/21:

After for some time off, off this mobo, decided to give it a whirl again, everything is running fine.

1st things 1st, I tried the 3 current project games on this motheboard:

Hellblade+Reshade
    Doom3+Reshade+Nvidia Inspector Forced AA
    Baldurs Gate 3

Lets start with Hellblade, scaling performance between this mobo and the current, migrated(X299) one, is give or take, about the same, one thing I quickly noticed is that, remember the drag spot I mentioned on past posts? The drag is still there and the performance drops afterwards, also, while facing backwards in this one specific area, under reshade or without reshade, it did not change, rather interesting, I also tried doing my Old Geforce Experience: Shadowplay recording method to see if I can really bring the scaling up to par, nope, I also downloaded Gog version of 1.02 for this game for much more further testing, will give heads up later.

Next comes to Doom3+Reshade+Nvidia Inspector Forced AA:

If you remember that performance screen shot I took on the other motherboard, it showed 59 Fps, This motherboard gave me 53 fps, I also went and tried under 1 gpu mode, the Dual Xeon(Asrock) gave me 16 Fps, the X299 one gave me 17 fps. so when it comes to fps gap, the other system performed better.

EDIT ON DOOM3+RESHADE:

Correction, I had to re-set all of my gpu clocks to 1580mhz as I did not before, 1 gpu in same spot as the previous picture shown on earlier, same, 17 fps, 4 gpus = 56 fps to 58 fps.

And last and certainly not least of them all, Baldur's Gate 3:

I had some hangs and Bsod, while using the same exact graphic drivers that I am using to tune on the other motherboard(Modified Quadro Drivers: 392.68).

The time my system hanged or got an bsod, is while loading the game, do my texture flashing removal technique, by watching the loading bar, soon as its about to leave half way, do: CNTRL+ALT+DEL, then back on the game, on this system, it resulted in a hang or two, just recently gave me a BSOD(Whea_Uncorrectable_Error), on the X299 = No problems whatsoever.

That being said, I have not tried other drivers to see how Baldur's Gate 3 would react on this Asrock motherboard, wanted to see how it would react, big difference, I would stay with the X299 Motherboard if your seriously tuning this game.

Also, one more thing, My #1 favorite Quad Sli testing game of choice: ROTR(Rise of Tomb Raider):

I loaded the saved area, Glacier, everything is working Top Dog, whats interesting is that, soon as you go outside, after the cutscene with the women, soon as you go down on the ropes, here is when your overall scaling goes down(On the Dual Xeon system), this area was mentioned in the past in previous post awhile back ago, the only way to increase scaling performance is to change your LOD or level of detail to the lowest, if you venture out a bit then come back, then put your Lod detail back to where you had it, scaling seems fine, also, this area, you might want to bring your shadows detail down a bit as it will affect your overall scaling a bit, whereas on the X299 mobo, it didn't have this issue, I didn't had to lower the LOD setting down nor the shadows, rather interesting.

But yes, far as Baldurs Gate 3, I would tune Quad Sli on a non Dual Xeon system for now, granted, every system will run different, Was kinda surprised to see that I got that bsod on this system, and yes, this system hasn't been powered up in awhile, did Memtest86 for almost 8 hrs or so, no errors(64GB total ram).

Good thing this mobo still in great working condition, heading back to X299 tomorrow, all this was absolutely worth a try, I was rather extremely curious on how Hellblade would react.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE - VERSION 1.02 TRYOUT - PERFORMANCE REDUCTIONS AFTER DRAG SPOTS - UPDATE - 12/7/21:

Gave an much older version a try to see how these infamous reduction of fps after specific drag spot is walked upon, and as I kinda expected, the results and the overall performance(With Reshade) were pretty much the same.

I also tried using a much older Geforce Experience and its Shadow Play utilility in hopes to drastically help with my overall scaling performance, I used the version that it originally came with the quadro drivers 416.30 as that's the drivers I used to originally tuned this game couple years back, used the same exact method that I used couple years back in order for this particular technique to work, crossed my fingers, nope, it does not work, and yes, this was with my custom made bits, modified engine.ini, reshade, etc.

Well worth the try but in the end, there was absolutely no gaurantees, also, different mobo's,etc can a play a factor here, so many variables to look at, even if it doesn't seem that way, hellpoint was one of those games while differernt mobo's reacted very differently in very specific situations, again, extreme well worth a try on my end.

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - BALDUR'S GATE 3 + CURRENT STATS THUS FAR + CUSTOM BITS CHANGE - v4.1.1.1224125.Hotfix.3 - UPDATE - 12/7/21:

Alright, current stats on this game:

Before I continue, this "Only" Pertains to: v4.1.1.1224125.Hotfix.3, as the newer builds after that, has more uncontrollable texture anomalies, scaling issues, etc, so please "Only: this particular build until further notice, thank you.

Everything is looking pretty good, right now, just work on some drag issues here and there and trying to maintain overall good frame-pacing control.

For those who are very seriously tuning this game under similar setup as mine, and if your using reshade with this game, here are some things you all absolutely must be aware about:

1st lets go over my texture flashing removal technique:

Depending where you are at, some load times are alot longer, thus in the end, you have to really determine when you will be using this technique as timing is absolutely critical, I would say on my end, I get it about over 75% of the time.

Before I continue on with this, everyones pc systems will be different, so loading times will completely differ from one another, but in the end, same rules applies here:

So, for the first area, if your re-loading your saved game, right when the loading bar gets stuck in the middle, wait for a bit until it starts moving again, right when you see the loading bar moves, do the following:

CNTRL+ALT+DEL

next, immediatly followed with the blue screen, click on cancel, you will be prompt back to the main windows screen, from here, absolutely make haste and click on the game's icon on bottom of the task bar on your main windows screen, keep clicking on your left mouse button until your pretty much back on the game, if everything is successful, everything pretty much, far as graphical anomalies, should be all completely neutralized, there are times that even though everything looks spot on perfect, you might come accross where your overall scaling is reduced, if this is the case, re-load your saved game and do it once more.

More on loading saved game, in the next area, this area will take alot longer to load, here's my method for this area:

Soon as the loading bar gets slightly over 50% and just stays there, wait until it moves, wait for like 3 to 4 seconds, then do the following:

CNTRL+ALT+DEL

Do the same exact method as the last saved game, with precise timing, everything should be all set to go.

Here's another thing, even with perfect timing, you might still have flashing bushes or whatnot, to completely neutralize this, you "Must" have Vsync turned on, mine is 60hz, set to 59 Fps limit through nvidia inspector, Also, depending how you tune your bits, also plays a big role on this as well.

What is playing the role of these flashing bushes,etc after you do: precise timing of my flashing removal technique and while Vsync is turned on???

Open up, Nvidia's best friend, Nvidia Inspector and lets look at the following:

Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00000<<~~5th hex down & 0x000000<<~~6th hex down

For the 5th Hex Down, Mine is set to digit 1, and for the 6th hex down, mine is set to digit 8.

The above 2 hex's shown here, is absolutely important, also, don't forget, Vsync "Must" be turned on while you fine tune these bits in order to get rid of the misc. flashing stuff like bushes,etc, be careful please while tuning because both of these work in unison with each other, so please tune accordingly, thanks.

And yes, Setting the fps limit right near to your monitors refresh rate within nvidia inspector, will drastically improve with frame pacing issues, even there some will be present(Currently, extremely hard at work fixing these issues) in the end.

MXAO within reshade is causing some flickering in the water, as once you turn this on, you can see more stuff underneath the water, and more anomalies will be present, for the most part, looks fine, soon as you turn off MXAO, flickering disappears, I am currently hard at work, working on this issue.

Also, during my tuning of this game, I also had some decrease scaling performance while next to smoke like effects and viewing near water but all that is fixed.

Here are my current working bits thus far(Tested only on 4 GTX 970's only):

Once again, Open up Nvidia's best friend and lets look at my changes below please:

1 - Common:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C0B

Sli Compatibiliity (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0018F5(For quad setups only), for 2-Way Sli: 0x0D0018F2 & Tri-Sli: 0x0D0018F6. For future reference for those who are seriously tuning this game, you can still run this under SFR while under 2-Way or Tri-Sli, just keep: 0x0<<~~ set to digit 8 but please keep the last hex to its respected settings, example: 2-Way Sli: 0x8D0018F2.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x00000BE9

5 - Common:

Ambient Occlusion setting: Performance

Ambient Occlusion Usage: Enabled

6 - Sli

Anti-Aliasing - SLI AA: DISABLED

# of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode: Set to the amount of GPU's you are currently using, if 3, set it to: THREE

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode: Set to the amount of GPU's you are currently using, if 3, set it to: THREE

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering MODE (DX1x): Set to the amount of GPU's you are currently using, if 3, set it to: THREE

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode: (For older API's, DX9, etc, leave it on autoselect)

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on Direct X10: SFR(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way or 3-way sli systems, leave it on autoselect, you can under special exceptions where you can set 2-Way or tri-sli under SFR operation, this method has already been explained above, thanks.

Sli Rendering mode: SFR(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way or 3-way sli systems, leave it on autoselect, you can under special exceptions where you can set 2-Way or tri-sli under SFR operation, this method has already been explained above, thanks.

Lets head over to 8 - Extra and make some changes here:

ASYNC10_NVAPI_MODE: 0x00000002 ALLOW_NOBLOCKING_SLISTATE - Allow specific non-blocking optimizations for GetCurrentSliState NVAPI.

ASYNC10_PRESENT_MODE: 0x89624578 Async - DX10 present will be async call.

Far as the unknown ID settings all the way at the bottom, please keep everything at Factory(Stock) Settings until further notice, many thanks.

There are also very important protocols that we also need to do as well to keep the overall scaling performance at its very best:

Under Quad Sli Operation + Reshade, 1st thing we must do, prior to launching your saved game, make sure the preset is set to the lowest, you will also notice that shadows is being checked, please uncheck it, and also, please have your desired game play resolution ready to go prior to loading your saved game(You can "NOT" change resolution while in the game, I already tried with my current custom made bits, your scaling will be cut off big time, so please be sure have the desired game play resolution set prior to loading your saved game), next, load up your save game and do my Texture Removal Technique which I already explained earlier(Absolutely Required), once in the game, finally, go to your graphic quality settings and please do these in proper sequence, failure to do my sequence will result in your overall scaling going haywire(Significant reduction in overall scaling performance):

Please do the following in order and check these boxes below and again, please make absolutely sure that everything is unchecked prior to doing this:

Check: Sub-Surface Scattering, click apply, Check: CAS(Contrast adaptive Sharpness), click apply, Leave Bloom & Ambient Occlusion unchecked as they will be used during Reshade, Check: God Rays, click on apply, now go back to the game, make sure that scaling is all fine and dandy, next, Set Model Quality to Medium(Can also be set to high, can affect frame pacing), Click on apply, Set Instance Distance to High, click apply, Set Texture Quality to Low(Can also be set to medium, I wouldn't not go over Medium due to GTX 970 Vram Restrictions along with reshade, depending on the resolution in question(Will also affect frame pacing, so please tune accordingly), click apply, set texture filter to 16xAF, click on apply, set lightning quality(May affect quad sli scaling from going haywire, if so, please redo my method from the beginning, thanks) to High, click apply, go back in the game, everything should be all set, if something goes out of hand during this process, simply set your preset to the absolute lowest(Uncheck shadows as well), then reload and do my resume technique once more and repeat the process.

So it would go like this for much easier process:

Within the Graphic quality settings:

Start from the very bottom, where it says SSS: Sub-Surface Scattering, then work your way up from there to Lightning Shadows, but before you go on to Lightning Shadows: go back on the game itself to make sure your overall scaling is Top Dog, after ensuring that it is, click on apply then start from the very top where you see Model Quality and work yourself down, many thanks.

Also, under Quad Sli operation, there has been times where I got kicked out(Crash) during the game, mainly while changing the settings, at one point, the game quit and was left with a black screen, although the system was still going, I was unable to bring the screen up, I pushed the power button down, everything went fine, kinda rare but it will be there while tuning, so be careful while tuning this game, all in all, should be alright in the end, not to extremely serious to worry about, overall tuning sensitivity is good compared to some of these other games, most defin't not on the same caliber as Mortal Shell(Far as the overall tuning sensivity is concerned), not even close, so everything should be good.

Currently where I am at in the game: About to meet with the charc: Astarion.

Alot more updates to come.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - DOOM 3+RESHADE+NVIDIA INSPECTOR FORCED AA - UPDATE - 11/8/21:

Played up and until: Monorail: Facility Transport, Everything is lookin' good.

There were some instances where, naturally, the scaling would go off, if this happens, simply log off the game and start the game once more, should be all set.

There were other times where turning on Berserk mode under the console mode, and switching to Chainsaw, resulted in a crash, followed with a black screen, most of the time, in these cases, it will take a bit to snap out of it, if it does not come back, try doing CNTRL+ALT+DEL, and try shutting down your monitor then turn it back on to see if it will come back, if not, push the power button, and shut down then restart your system.

Other times, I had couple of crashes while playing, I believe this was mainly due to my insanely oc on all 4 of my Gpu's, I back down the clocks quite a bit, seems better now.

Was on the game for good amount of time today and testing it, so far, pretty darn good.

Also, just heads up once again in regards about AA, please only use:

0x12400010 Override | 4x MSAA + 4x TrSSAA

Under where it says: Antialiasing - Combined (Mode+Setting)

anything higher, will results your AA being completely turned off, so be careful while tuning AA with this game, I would not go anything higher as I already tested it on my own end.

Far as the final conclusion and jotting down performance figures, I might go on the other windows build that I recently tried with this game, 21h2 as it offers superior scaling potential over the build I am currently using, infact I might just keep the one I am using now as the main one, and the other windows build as a bonus testing one.

Far as everything within nvidia inspector, please leave it unchanged from my last update post, thanks.

One more thing, while tuning this game with crazy reshade settings, be careful while playing the game with the Plasma weapon as it will drag your performance down quite a bit, this is mainly due to the lightning source from the energy blast, speaking of which, I am also using that mod as well, the plasma weapon mod for much better lightning.

EDIT:

I also did some 3rd person gameplay testing as well, seems like everything is running fine, again, there could be at times where scaling goes out of whack, if this is the case, simply log out the game and restart the program, thanks.

All in all, looking good, more testing with this game and update to come later.

9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - BALDURS GATE 3 + RESHADE - v4.1.1.1224125.Hotfix.3 - CURRENT STATS + CUSTOM BITS CHANGE - UPDATE - 12/12/12:

Once again, this "Only" Pertains to version build: v4.1.1.1224125.Hotfix.3, as anything afterwards, you will be introduced with a host more of alot of problems, so please, only use this build, thanks.

Current stats thus far:

Overall, the game is looking extremely good, there are some things I just recently found out yesterday:

I notice that, some of these crashes, also pertains to 1 gpu mode as well, so just heads up on it.

Also, there seems to be some kind of variables when it comes to your overall scaling performance with reshade, for instance:

When loading a saved game, do my flashing texture removal technique, there is variables of what your fps would be in end, I am trying to find a way to help reduce these performance scaling variables and bring the overall scaling potential to its peakest at all times, so just heads up, those of you who are seriously tuning this game, be very strongly aware of this, thanks.

I also found that, this particular setting called: CAS(Contrast Adaptive Sharping), at times, your in-game settings, the screen will flash like mad crazy, but when you in the game, it does not this, alot of it is how precise your timing is when doing my Texture Flashing Removal/Stabilization Technique.

Also, when playing the game, when venturing into new specific areas, there could be a chance that your overall scaling will go out of whack, please log out the game and restart the program, also, be extremely careful on this specific version build, at times, I had where my load saved game could not go through, I was left with a black screen, this also pertains to 1 gpu mode, so be careful, save often.

Also, you can still change your resolution after load your saved game and do my texture flashing removal technique, but while still on the game, your overall scaling, high probability(If changing resolution while in the actual game), your overall scaling potential will be reduced, not only that, if you fail do it once(To bring your overall scaling up to par) while re-loading your saved game, you "Must" Log out the game and restart your saved game and try it again, otherwise you will continue to have some so so reduction on your overall scaling performance so be careful.

Also, people with similar setup as mine and your using brutal reshade settings, you might to cap your fps within nvidia inspector, I am on a 60hz screen, I set it to 59 fps, also, it will drastically stabilize your 1% and .1% Low's, just please fine tune under 1 gpu mode first, record your performance data carefully then move on to sli mode, thanks.

Current custom made bits(Revised), please only change the following, shown below, all others, leave it unchanged from previously mentioned custom bits, thanks.

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x0000040B

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0014F5

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x000005E6

Next, there is a new addition within 8 - Extra, please change it:

PS_ASYNC_SCHEDULER_FLAGS: 0x00000001 IGNORE_LOAD_BALANCING - debug: Ignore gpu load, apply always.

No additional changes were made to the unknown ID settings, so please leave at factory(Stock) Settings.

I am currently a little bit after you meet the charc.: Astarion, there is another charc. that you will meet, I still got long ways to go on this game.

Also, I had an experience, while under Quad Sli operation, Can't exactly remember how this but all I remember was when the game crashed and saw nothing, I quickly turned of my monitor and turn it back on, now the resolution is alot lower, so you have to change it back on where you last had it, also, it is when this particular crash came, I managed to get back into windows screen and I tried to sign off, during this time, I was left with a light blue screen, and no, it was not a BSOD, I tried waited a bit, nope, you have to forcefully reset the system, but this was a very rare circumstance, another heads up.

There was at times, I got basically perfect scaling or couple fps more then perfect scaling but that was extremely rare, cause of the variables involved.

More updates to come.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - BALDURS GATE 3 + RESHADE - v4.1.1.1224125.Hotfix.3 - NEW AREA TESTED - UPDATE - 12/14/21:

Newest area tested: Dank Crypt(Caverns):

In this area, my Texture flashing removal/stabilization technique is going to be down right tricky, this area is alot more harder to get everything fully stabilized.

Again, even with precise timing, there could be a delay of somekind while loading up the saved game area in general, so even with precise timing, chances are, it will not go through, cause of some of these delays inbetween, it can be very frustrating.

So this is how I did on my end:

Again, once the loading bar gets stuck about a lil over half way, wait for like second and a half to 2 seconds in a half, do: CNTRL+ALT+DEL, click on cancel, click on the games icon on bottom of the task bar, keep clicking on your left mouse button so nothing will disrupt the process while you are returning back to the game.

Again, even for me, this area is very tricky...

Also, after you ventured in this area and you worked your self out of the cavern hole, the whole screen will look whitish, even if you go back to the main title screen, you will get that whitish look, just simply log out the game and re-launch the program, just make sure you saved your game once you exit the cavern hole prior to exiting the game completely.

More updates to come, and oh, BTW, the overall scaling in the cavern area is pretty darn good.

I notice that while staying in static mode, I notice fps going up and down, like 3-4+ fps, with or without reshade, even under 1 gpu mode, so just heads up on it.

More updates to surely come.

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE - NEW HOTFIX PATCH TESTED - UPDATE - 12/20/21:

There was a very recent hotfix patch that fixes some stuttering issues while under DX12 Api.

Just for kicks, I went to this same specific area where I was having a major problem with the stuttering, Under 1 gpu mode and give this a new hotfix patch a whirl, couple of things here:

Under DX12 Api, the stuttering on some of these spots is basically minimized, However, the fps performance loss after hitting these drag spots, remains the same as it was before, so even though the stuttering is pretty much gone, the performance loss afterwards is still there, so this is still a very serious issue.

Now under DX11 Api, The stuttering is alot more pronounced when hitting these spots but in the end of the day, the fps performance after you hit these drag spots is more or less the same as with the DX12 Api.

I posted a before and after performance differences in regards about these drag spots, please check back from previous posts, yup, situation is still there and still serious.

12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - FF7 REMAKE INTERGRADE - 12+ HRS OF INITIAL TUNING IMPRESSIONS + IMAGES:

So here we got a game that I was extremely curious about.

And out of everyone's curiousity, Quad Sli is indeed infact 100% working, but there is some stuff that further needs work on.

Before I begin, everything you read down below, was all tested on win 10x64 (15063/V.1703) / Update: 2679

One of the problems I was having is when your moving into another area, and whenever you come across a in-game cutscene, the whole background can change to a light bluish color, or just sitting in one area in static mode, and moving your camera around can trigger this, I have fixed this issue, it was coming from r.Volumetricfog, it must be set to =0.

Another thing I am having major problems is when your attacking things in general, there is a significant cut in scaling performance, there is a way's to counteract it, mainly using reshade Hbao/Mxao but that's just a temp fix, currently extremely hard working on this issue.

Speaking about Reshade, I am currently using reshade with this game, it works very well, Be very careful when using MXAO or HBAO, even a little to much of this = Noise and can also drastically change the original games atmosphere, so be careful while tuning with reshade.

I tried, just for kicks, RTGI, doesn't seems to do much.

When I first saw this game, 2 things here, no option to use exclusive fullscreen(Which I am extremely surprised) nor modify the engine.ini for much further tuning, after alot of research into this, I can now confirm that you can run this game in exclusive fullscreen mode and modify the engine.ini.

Far as engine.ini, I found this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/74

And far as Exclusive fullscreen is concerned, there is several ways to do this but they way I do it:

Under FF7remake.exe & FF7remake_.exe, right click on the .exe, next, check where it says disable fullscreen optimizations, I would also check where it says: Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by Application)

Also, within the command argument line, I would add these: -DX11 -Fullscreen

Within the newly made engine.ini, I would add the following parameter: r.setres=(Your desired resolution), and I would also have your windows resolution same as your playing resolution.

Once your in the game for the first time, you might want select the same resolution that your currently set on, once your in your saved game, push the letter P to bring up the console command, then type in r.setres(your desirest resolution, e.g. 3840x2160f(Letter f pertains to fullscreen).

On top of that, prior to loading your saved game, you "MUST" do my Bright Memory/RE2 Remake Resume technique, the timing doesn't have to be all that precise, right when the game loads, right before it finishes, please do: CNTRL+ALT+DEL, wait for couple seconds then back on the game, in some cases, you might have to do r.setres through the console, and manage your resolution there, but make sure you put the letter: f next to the desired resolution so it will go into Exclusive fullscreen mode, if you have to do the r.setres method, same rules also apply, right when you click apply on this, you must do: CNTRL+ALT+DEL for just a brief moment then back on to the game, failure to do so, you will have massive screen flashing/color changes,etc, it is "Required" so please keep this in mind at all times.

EDIT:

Where it stands now, there could be a chance that you don't have to do my resume technique, again, I would very strongly recommend doing so to be utmost safe, thanks.

All in all, Its looking extremely promising and the Tuning difficulty for this game is very high, defin't not for beginners or even intermediate for that matter, the tuning level for this game is highly advanced, many many crashes to windows, extremely rare where I had a hard lock but that was I was testing/tuning with another specific drivers, the drivers I am using: 392.68(Modified Quadro Drivers), works alot better then the other drivers, far as stalling/hard lock is concerned, yes, the overall tuning sensitivity is extremely high so be absolutely careful while tuning this game, this game is flat out: NO JOKE!

Another way to tell if your running in exclusive fullscreen mode is while your on the game, if you push the windows key button, you don't automatically see the task bar on bottom of windows, you might get a screen change and accompanied with a possible crash, so be careful while tuning this game, but normally if you push the windows key button, nothing happens, this is a very strong indication that you are operating under exclusive fullscreen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My current Engine.ini settings are as follows(REVISED):

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
    bSmoothFrameRate=0

t.MaxFPS=0
    r.MultithreadedLightmapEncode=1
    r.TiledDeferredShading=1
    r.FastVRam.PostProcessMaterial=1
    FX.AllowGPUSorting=1
    FX.TestGPUSort=3
    r.DriverDetectionMethod=4
    r.VolumetricFog=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.VSync=0
    r.setres=3504x1971f
    r.FullScreenMode=0
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0
    r.DynamicRes.OperationMode=0
    r.DynamicRes.MinScreenPercentage=100
    r.DynamicRes.MaxScreenPercentage=100

EDIT:

I also notice that, on calmer resolution, that, every time you swing your sword and hit any object or receiving projectile attacks and what not, can drastically reduce the scaling problems in this situation, I am still very hard at work finding a solution to this, my resolution I am using now is: 3504x1971f.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some images showing difference between 1 gpu and 4 gpu's, with and without reshade:

Resolution: 3840x2160(Exclusive Fullscreen Mode/Shadow and Textures set to low/currently fine tuning the engine.ini, very very early stages in tuning the engine.ini).

EDIT ON IMAGES: Revised images on 12/25/21(Updated):

1 GPU / No Reshade:

1 GPU - NO RESHADE.jpg

4 GPU's / No Reshade:

QUAD SLI - NO RESHADE.jpg

1 GPU / With Reshade:

1 GPU - WITH RESHADE.jpg

4 GPU's / With Reshade:

QUAD SLI - RESHADE.jpg

As you can see, Excellent scaling potential.

Sorry for the noise in cloud's hair, this was mainly due from MXAO within reshade, and yes, it was set to highest resolution and still noise was visible.

For those who are extremely seriously tuning this game with similar setup as mine, for those who are interested, here are my Custom Made Bits(Alpha Stage/Very early/AND PLEASE "ONLY" USE MODIFIED QUADRO DRIVERS 392.6x, ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.):

EDIT ON CUSTOM BITS: My Custom Bits has been revised on 12/25/21.

1 - Compatibility:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C0B

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8B9A25F5(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way: 0x0B9A25F1, for tri-sli: 0x0B9A25F6)

Sli Copy Engine: Not Used

Sli Specific Hacks(DX1x): 0xA000057A

5 - Common:

Ambient Occlusion Setting: Performance

Ambient Occlusion Usage: Enabled

6 - SLI:

Anti-Aliasing - SLI AA: DISABLED

# of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode: Set to the amount of GPU's you are currently using, if 3, set it to: THREE

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode: (For older Api, DX9, etc, leave it on Autoselect)

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering MODE (DX1x): Set to the amount of GPU's you are currently using, if 3, set it to: THREE

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode: (For older API's, DX9, etc, leave it on autoselect)

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on Direct X10: SFR(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way or 3-way sli systems, leave it on autoselect).

Sli Rendering mode: SFR(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way or 3-way sli systems, leave it on autoselect.

Head all the way down to where you see unknown ID settings, but before you do, click on the magnifying glass on top of the Nvidia Inspector program, then scroll all the way down to where you see: unknown ID settings and make the following changes below:

0x0085F498 (1 Profile): 0x99388100 (Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017))

0x105E2A1D (122 Profiles): 0x00000004 (The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Mass Effect Andromeda, Killing Floor 2, FIFA 17, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, etc,etc.

This will be one of my upcoming games to come, Shaping up to be a very very serious Quad Sli contender, more updates later in regards about this game, stay tuned.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022 at 1:03 AM
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE + RESHADE = SLIGHT INCREASE IN PERFORMANCE AFTER DRAG SPOT - UPDATE - 12/26/21:

I have found ways to very slightly increase performance after specific drag spot is walked over, as soon as you hit these drag spots(only certain specific ones), you will experience a decrease in performance(Even under 1 gpu mode).

They way I found this:

Well first of all, lets go over certain things first:

Don't start with your desired playing resolution at first, always back it down a bit, so if your playing @ 3.5k, back it down to like 1440p, have your in-game settings where you normally play it at, soon as you load your saved game, immediately as getting on the game, do CNTRL+ATL, then do it again to get back into the game, failure to do this will results flashing textures in the game, so this will further stabilize your textures while playing, next, within the in-game settings, crank your resolution to where you normally play it at but do "NOT" click apply just yet, we want to have all of your in-game settings to the rock bottom, then put your in-game settings where you normally have it at, failure to do this will result in a lower scaling performance.

Right after you do all of the above method, hit one of the drag spots(I posted this several post back), after the drag spot, you will experience a lower performance in general, before doing anything, make sure your reshade is turned on, next, go to your in-game resolution, switch your resolution to a lower value like 1440p, do "NOT" click apply just yet, please have all of your in-game settings set to lowest then click apply, while reshade is still being used, we want to go back to your in-game settings, this time, switch everything back to where you originally had it, including your resolution, while doing this, please keep your reshade on while doing this method, your performance increase should be just a tad higher, not a significant jump of help but just a tad for those who are pushing there performance to the absolute limits.

You might have to lower your resolution to the lowest and put it back to where it was, after you do this method as it may or may not work right in the beginning.

I am still within the engine.ini to see what I can do to further improve the performance potential after these specific drag spot is walked upon.

My current engine.ini is as follows:

MaterialBaking.UseMaterialProxyCaching=1
    r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1
    r.GTSyncType=0
    r.Shaders.BoundsChecking=1
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1
    r.AmbientOcclusion.AsyncComputeBudget=4
    r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.VPLViewCulling=1
    r.OnlyStreamInTextures=1
    r.VirtualTexture=1
    r.Shaders.Optimize=1
    FX.AllowGPUSorting=1
    r.FinishCurrentFrame=1
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
    r.TonemapperQuality=0
    r.SubsurfaceQuality=1
    r.HZBOcclusion=1
    r.EarlyZPass=2
    r.SSR.Quality=3
    r.VolumetricFog=0
    r.TrueSkyQuality=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
    r.MaxAnisotropy=16
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

Far as my custom made bits, nothing has changed for now.

With reshade, after these specific drag spots, under 1 gpu, doesn't seem to take a hit at all(Depending on resolution), without reshade, there is a hit, again, depending on resolution,etc.

So, after this specific drag spot with reshade, 1 gpu, I get about 15 fps to 16 fps, I only walked for a brief moment after the drag spot.

Under Quad-Sli Operation, I get, after the above method explained, 55 fps to 59 fps, so I think still excellent.

Other then these specific drag spots, the overall scaling potential is a Complete Animal.

I just re-checked the beginning intro of the game, overall scaling performance, is Top Dog.

Always check back for the most up to date info.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  14. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    Pretty awesome that FF7R works in SLI. Although i have a feeling this game is going to be getting some big updates soon as it has quite a few issues from what i have seen.

15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Yes, in the beginning, I said this game was going to be very tough to work on, and yes it was, even for me, the tuning difficulty for this game is extremely high, thought initially the game was a dud, but after putting some time into it, my overall scaling potential under quad sli went way over the roof, in other words, it came out alot better then I hoped for, again, the only problem I have now is controlling the performance drops while attacking and receiving attacks, under 1 gpu mode, it has this but no where near as bad while under quad sli operation, again, using reshade, depending on the filters being used, you can help counteract it but its just a temp fix, moreover, you can help control some of this by taking it easy on your resolution, I am also going real crazy on tuning the engine.ini to further stabilize the issue, so this is the biggest challenge now for this game.

Mind you though, I am still right in the very beginning of the game, I'll make a formal annoucement of this game in future posts, I have 3 other games I am working on right now, I just went back to Hellblade+Reshade, I took a break from it while working on Baldur's Gate 3.

Baldur's Gate 3 and along with Reshade is looking Extremely well, Doom3+Reshade+Redux 2.0 RC Mod+Nivida Inspector forced AA is looking very good too, what was interesting about doom3 is that, the Quad Sli performance is quite a bit better on the 21h2 build, so when I am doing final performance results, I might do both OS builds, but the main primary is going to be: 15063/V.1703, the one I always normally use and the one that has never given me any issues and the one I really trust while tuning.

Again, if you saw my snapshots I have took from the game: FF7R, 3 posts ago, the game is scaling like a beast to be reckoned with, Screenshots I took does not lie(Granted, people can do anything with photos now) but I want to make it perfectly clear to everyone: I take my Extreme Quad Sli Tuning Very Seriously, again, I have Quad Sli videos to help strengthen all of this to back it all up, I am the real deal, guys have no idea on how much I have devoted into nothing but Quad Sli tuning, I can't even believe it myself on how much I have put into this, at times I totally regret what I got myself into, in some ways, no, I have learned lots of invaluable stuff while I was into this, and learned everything on my own as I went, absolutely no shortcuts of any kind.

I also want to make videos from older games I have previously worked on, something I always wanted to do, going to be a bit, I been extremely busy tuning games that I am currently working on.

16. BlackAce21

BlackAce21 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 8GB SLI
    Hi, so I have a problem: I m trying to get 2 way SLI working in a couple newer Unreal Engine 4 games (Everspace 2, Chorus, Century Age Of Ashes, Bright Memory to name a few). I tried the usual stuff (0x000000F1, 0x080000F1 working but not scaling well), the profiles in this forum and from Kozary and a little tinkering by myself (my knowledge is quite limited tho). A bit that seems to have nice scaling in all these games is 0x00040F1 but I can't find a BC flag to get rid of the flickering or other visual glitches. Any advice?

17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    What do you mean by BC???

Ever tried: 0x000025F5 or 0x080025F5?

I have not worked on those games, I have worked on Bright Memory a long time ago, I haven't been on it since, I will at a much later time, moreover, UE4 games involves alot of tweaking through the engine.ini as well, I wouldn't start messing with UE4 games right off the back, Even under normal Sli operation, the engine.ini in general, may or may not need tweaking, so it involves time to work with, start with an easier game to deal with, like ROTR(Rise of Tomb Raider).

What Gpu's your are running under SLI? I see you have RTX 2xxx series in SLI, Sir, I have not tried any of the RTX series to see if it will work or not, Although I have read other forums where it does work but "Benchmark Programs Only".

EDIT: Sorry about that, Tri-Sli or higher with the RTX 2xxx series is: "Benchmark programs only"

And hell, that's what they said with the Pascal Based Gpu's if your running Tri-Sli or higher, NVCP says: "Benchmark programs only", ergh, there is ways to bypass it.

Again, My custom made profile may not even work at all with the Sli RTX 2xxx, I will make absolutely no guarantees as I have never even owned the RTX 2xxx series gpu's.

There was a particular website where you can enable GPU's that were not to be sli'ed with, different gpu's/memory,etc., I forgot what website it was, you have to look it up on my earlier post, I did mentioned about it, even then, it will require tons of work, I have looked into this particular forum but I have not personally tried with the RTX 2xxx to see if it will work or not cause I never even owned those particular GPU's, The forum seems extremely interesting and something I am looking forward to in the future.

I can confirm this though, I have personally tried 4 Pascal Gpu's, mainly the Titan Xp's(Very best Pascal Gpu's), and it works, already tried it with ROTR(Rise of Tomb Raider) w/ SSAx4 @ 4k, I even mentioned about the results on one of my earlier post's, so yes, back then, people could not get pascal gpu's to get tri-sli or higher to work as the NVCP says: Benchmark only, Disregard that, there is way's to get it to work, and I can confirm 100%, Pascal Gpu's under Quad Sli operation does work, and it scales like absolutely no tomorrow, and many thanks goes to the user on here: Venturi, as he was the one that supplied me the info to get Quad Sli operation to work with the Pascal Gpu's, so alot of credit goes to him, even though the stuff he showed me, the Changes needed within Nvidia Inspector, I already knew about them, but many thanks to him.

18. BlackAce21

BlackAce21 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 8GB SLI
    I use 2 way RTX 2070S SLI. I got away with it since a lot of my games either have an official profile or a profile provided by a user. Didn't have as much luck with the newer releases (either because DX12 only or not good scaling/visual glitches) .With BC I meant the Broadcast flag.I will try those flags you provided.

19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE+RESHADE - CURRENT SITUATION AND CHALLENGES + ENGINE.INI CHANGES - UPDATE - 12/27/21:

Everything is looking extremely good, but there is some very tough situations and challenges that I am facing.

This pertains "Only" without Reshade...

I have found ways to drastically increase the Overall scaling potential, without the use of Reshade, but in turn, certain key adjustments "Must" be made within the engine.ini.

The Parameter in question within the engine.ini:

r.HZBOcclusion=

But before going into that, one thing that needs to be changed within nvidia inspector:

Open up: Nvidia Inspector, and head over to:

Sli Specific Hacks(DX1x): 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down, Please set it to Digit: 9, Other's will work like Digit: 8, Letters: A,B,C,D & E.

Now, the downfall of doing the above change is that, if you set the parameter within engine.ini:

r.HZBOcclusion=1 or 2,

Some specific textures within the game with start flashing/flickering, now, if you set it to =0, it will no longer flash/flicker but in turn, significant reduction in your overall scaling performance.

Also, within Sli Specifiic Hacks(DX1x): 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down, Digits: 8 & 9 and the Letters: A, B, C, D, & E, It is very well known in some UE4 based games that this will totally change the color of the game, portion or the whole screen, Mechwarrior V had the same issue while tuning this particular Bits, along with: r.HZBOcclusion, on top of that, Even if you force 1 gpu mode within nvidia inspector and your using the above bit change, your game will still change its entire color to something else, or combination of different colors, so absolutely make sure to not to use it under 1 gpu operation mode, Quad Sli operation is fine but there is chance that these will happen, so be careful while tuning.

I even tried doing it under 2-way or tri-sli operation, and the flashing/flicker is still there.

I did many other changes to my custom made bits, did lots of trail and error checks, nope, I can not get rid of it.

My personal recommendation for now:

Please set your ending 8th hex digit within Sli Specific Hacks(DX1x) to digit: 6 and run it under Tri-Sli operation until I find a work around this issue.

For Extreme Tuners out there that's using with reshade, you will have no issues under Quad Sli operation.

So once again: Both: r.HZBOcclusion & Sli Specific Hacks(DX1x) 0x00000000<<~8th hex down, works hand to hand.

As before, Quad Sli scaling without reshade is absolutely top notch if the above method is used but again, flashing/flicker problem, so I am currently hard at work resolving this issue, so hardcore tuners out there that's using without reshade, I would just run it under tri-sli operation for the time being until there is a work around, and no, its not very easy to deal with, and it does not look good either, nevertheless, the scaling output is incredible to say at least.

Current Changes made to the engine.ini are as follows(REVISED on 12/27/21):

MaterialBaking.UseMaterialProxyCaching=1
    r.CompileMaterialsForShaderFormat=1
    r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1
    r.AOScatterTileCulling=1
    r.HZB.BuildUseCompute=1
    r.AmbientOcclusion.AsyncComputeBudget=4
    r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.VPLViewCulling=1
    r.OnlyStreamInTextures=1
    r.VirtualTexture=1
    r.Shaders.Optimize=1
    FX.AllowGPUSorting=1
    r.FinishCurrentFrame=1
    r.HZBOcclusion=1
    r.EarlyZPass=2
    r.TonemapperQuality=0
    r.SubsurfaceQuality=1
    r.ShadowQuality=0
    r.SSR.Stencil=1
    r.SSR.Quality=3
    r.SSR.Temporal=1
    r.VolumetricFog=0
    r.BloomQuality=0
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
    r.MaxAnisotropy=16
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

Also, The biggest change, without reshade, to really bring the scaling out, is to set:

r.ShadowQuality=0 (REQUIRED for Quad Sli Operation/Without Reshade along with the Sli Specific Hacks(DX1x): 0x00000000<<~~8th hex down change).

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE+RESHADE - FLASHING TEXTURES WHILE USING r.HZBOcclusion + SLI SPECIFIC HACKS(DX1x)/8TH HEX DOWN) - WITHOUT RESHADE - FIXED - UPDATE - 12/27/20:

Finally found the fix to this absolutely stubborn issue, the problem was mentioned in the previous post, so please read that before going on to this one, thanks.

The issue seems to be resolved while capping your fps within nvidia inspector, you don't really have to turn on Vsync, I just cap it @ 59 Fps(On a 60hz screen), now the major downfall on all of this: I would now have to increase the resolution alot higher then 5k in order to maintain 59 fps or under and it was no good, every time I tried to change a setting while under 5k or higher, the game resulted in a out of Vram error, Tried doing some bypass, it does not work.

I later tried using the sick high resolution from the get go and then load up saved game, it seems to work but I also need to refresh the scaling potential, simply by reducing all the in-game settings to lowest, but by doing so, I get a crash: Out of Vram error.

So, for those who are seriously tuning this game, you might get away with a higher hz screen, on my end, forget about it.

So for those who are on a 60hz screen, I would set the: Sli Specific Hacks(DX1x): 0x00000000<<~~8th hex down, to digit 6, and run it under Tri-Sli Operation, you can still run it while the fps is uncapped in this condition, also, please also use the digit: 6 while using with Reshade, and Quad Sli with reshade works beautifully.

Still looking for other ways to help stabilize this, but I do not think so at this point, but this is the very best your going to get.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021