Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - WARHAMMER 40k - INQUISITOR/MARTYR - SCALING FLUCTUATIONS PROBLEMS IN CERTAIN SPECIFIC AREAS, FIXED + NEW CHANGES TO THE BITS FOR RESHADE AND WITHOUT RESHADE - RE-UPDATE - 11/5/21:

Been extremely hard at work on fixing Scaling Fluctuations problems in certain specific environmental areas, these areas were discussed previously and stated that they were extremely hard to get it under control.

I have managed to fix this but one thing I need to point out first:

Lets say your in a specific environmental zone: Upper Hive, and you go to another system with the same Environment type, it may or may not be stable, just because one location is completely stable from hangs, doesn't mean the other location of the same type of environment type will be worry free, the game may or may not hang, I did the very best I could, Did lots of work today, been on for good 8+ hrs of tuning,etc.

I been trying to get these specific zones to work while the fps cap is off(Including Nvidia inspector), even though I can manage to get all the flashing anomaly out of the way, frame pacing issues,etc, the game is just not stable enough in the long run, and it will result in a hang, and a sign out will be needed.

To fix all of this, please set your Fps cap to 59 fps within nvidia inspector for 60hz screen, that or put the fps cap limit to 60 within the in-game settings.

Bits has been changed a little bit for these specific zones:

First lets cover these Environmental zones("NO RESHADE ONLY"):

Gothic Indoors, Mechanicus Indoors, Spaceship, Upper Hive, Industrial, Industrial Docks, Remote Island & Death World.

For: Mechanicus Indoors, Upper Hive & Spaceship(Updated on 11/5/21):

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C07

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D08E8F5

Sli Copy Engine: Unchanged, keep it on: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): Unchanged, keep it on: 0x0000006C

UPDATE ON 11/5/21: If your experience the above bits in those specific areas mentioned, please try to use this one instead:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C05

Sli Compatiblity (DX10+DX11) BitS: 0x800868F5

All others: Unchanged.

And you are all set to go.

Frame pacing should not be an issue.

Some Flickering(If under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down is being used) on textures within the zone: Industrial but nothing to serious.

Now for some Misc. Updates.

Just to let everyone know, within:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11): Bits:

0x000000<<~~ 6th hex down, if set to digit 7, depending on how you set your Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down, textures within the background will no longer flash, even if you do my map flashing removal technique, the major downside of this: very unstable(Hangs), do not recommend using it, please use it for testing purposes only.

Yes, soon as you active this particular bits:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down,

The increase of instability(Hangs), goes up significantly, even though this particular hex will further boost your overall scaling potential and control the flashing problem when configuring the Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000000<<~~8th hex down, while on this topic, to further help the overall stability(Hangs) of the game While using: Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down, once again, within:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00000<<~~5th hex down & 0x000000<<~~ 6th hex down, both of these hex's are absolutely important in keeping the game stable from those major hangs during game play, not only that, your Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down is a major player as well.

I have recorded over 80+ videos thus far, Both Static and Movement pattern videos.

I only done a few of reshade videos, there is tons of without reshade, covering both static and movement pattern(covering pretty much all environmental terrains.

For reshade videos, I am trying to focus more on the campaign missions, I even did fixed camera perspective as well(only a few of them).

So far looking good, I would have to say the most challenging part of tuning this game is keep the hangs under control(Hardest part) while keep the flashing anomaly problem at bay along with the frame pacing issue, in matter of fact, while on the topic of frame pacing:

Alot of your frame pacing issue and or the infamous hangs is actually coming from:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down, and or to a lesser degreee: within Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00000<<~~ 5th hex down & 0x000000<<~~ 6th hex down, so please tune accordingly. Frame Pacing can also be fixed if set to 59fps within nvidia inspector and maintaining 58+fps(60hz screen/not all areas will work, changes needs to be made within your bits in general), but if your not using the fps cap, wether within the in-game settings or within nvidia inspector then the Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000000<<~~8th hex down, is a major player, please be very strongly aware of it while tuning, thank you.

I am trying to get my videos done very soon, then I need to encode them, while encoding them, I'll do some graph work, I need to get this game done asap, I been on it far to long, either way, it will be done before moving on to the next game.

Game is defin't not on the same league as Mortal Shell, not even close, but far as the hangs with this game, I would say it is probably the hardest to control, no doubt about it.

EDIT ON 10/26/21:

Some changes has been made to the bits in general within the environmental type: Industrial Docks & Death World, on my end, seems its pretty stable, Frame pacing control seems excellent but make sure you don't go to crazy on the resolution, to high can cause frame pacing(If your not using fps cap limit, if it is capped, you can get away with a higher resolution output + 59fps lock) but if there is problem along the way, please discard and use my normal: No Reshade Bits, thanks.

Custom made bits for Industrial Docks+Death World(No Reshade/Both Environmental areas can also be used without no fps limit):

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C0A

Sli Copy Engine: Unchanged, please use:
    0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x0000006C

Re-Updated on 10/28/21 in regards about area: Death World:

Those of you who are having problems within this region, try using these custom bits instead:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D08E3F5

Seems very stable on my end.

& Lastly, Custom made bits, "Specifically within the environmental area: Gothic Indoors", here it is, and it is final, won't be changing it, and also, you "MUST" have the 59 Fps cap turned on within nvidia inspector or the in-game 60fps cap, otherwise sometime during the area, the game will hang on you and a sign-off will be needed.

Custom made bits for environmental area: Gothic Indoors(Re-Updated on 10/27/21):

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0867F5

Sli Copy Engine: Unchanged: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x0000006C

Any more changes within any environmental type, I'll revise this post, thanks.

EDIT:

Made some changes for this particular environmental area:

Industrial & Remote Island(Updated on 10/26/21)

Just change these two bits below, all others leave: Unchanged.

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C09

Also please have your Fps Cap, 1 digit lower then your native Monitor hz(Refresh Rate) to control the frame pacing and to keep the overall stability to its highest at all times, that or change the fps cap limit to 60 within the in game settings, all set to go, furthermore, it seems while turning on the setting called: High Effects, seems its very stable with it on, I always have this particular setting on: OFF, as turning this on, the overall stability(Hangs) of the game goes up, if you all encounter a problem, please shut it off, thanks.

Remote Island seems incredibly stable, even without any kind of fps limit turned on, that being said, don't go to crazy with the internal resolution, for similar setup as mine, I would not go over 4.2k while not using any kind of fps limit lock as you will have some frame pacing here and there, try to keep it under, super smooth, most perferably you can crank the resolution way up but keep the fps limit lock on to 59 fps(Within nvidia inspector) and or the fps limit lock within the in-game settings, so this means you going to have to crank the resolution up more a bit, personally, I would not go over 4.4k in the remote island areas as the 4 gpu's, its very hard to settle them down, takes to long(Vram/System Ram swap).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated on: 10/27/21

With Reshade Changes, and the list is kinda long as I did Lots of extensive testing, Many testing was conducted in these areas to ensure, smooth, frame pacing free(Still a lil bit), and no texture flashing anomaly(some areas = somewhat, nothing to serious).

The only one that needs to be re-tested is: Industrial(UPDATED ON 10/27/21), I will go back to that later and will updated it down below on this very post, thanks.

All these areas have been tested while the 59fps(on 60 hz screen) lock within nvidia inspector was being used, I did not experience any kind of hangs with the supplied custom made bits that will be going over, that being said, before going to the command deck upon starting up the game, I would absolutely highly recommend putting the in-game fps lock limit on to 60 fps to prevent any kind of hangs while on the command deck as certain parts of the command deck, if the fps lock within the in-game settings is not being used, you will automatically come to a hang, and have to do: CNTRL+ALT+DEL and sign off will be needed, as the supplied bits down below is only for specific areas and while it only applies to these areas, its not really stable at all while on the command deck, so please turn on the fps limit within the in-game settings, the fps cap within nvidia inspector is not enough to hold it.

Lets move on to my custom made bits, specifically for "Reshade only":

Note: All the custom bits shown below, the Sli Copy Engine and Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x) Bits are all the same, after the first one is supplied, I will put, all the others to: Unchanged, please be aware of it, thanks.

For the Environmental Areas: Desert, Death World, Frozen Wasteland, Industrial Docks, Prometheum Outpost & Remote Island(Re-Updated on 10/28/21):

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x800893F5

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads.

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x) Bits: 0x000000EA

For the Environmental Area: Gothic Indoors:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C03

All others: Unchanged

For the Environmental Area: Imperial Facility:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C04

For the Environmental Area: Industrial:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0898F5

For the Environmental Area: Infested Halls(RE-UPDATED on 10/27/21):

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0893F5

For the Environmental area: Mechancius Indoors(Re-Updated on 10/28/21):

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0893F5

For the Environmental area: Spaceship(Re-Updated on 10/28/21):

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0863F5

For the Environmental area: Upper Hive:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0896F5

For the Environmental area: Urban Ruins:

Now, if you want to go to the universal route and don't have to worry about changing all of the above, you need to turn the in-game setting: Fps Cap limit and set it to its correct setting and its situation involved, I always put it on 60fps(Actually its 54 fps while playing), and yes, there are some Jerkin' like motion while the in-game fps cap limit is turned on, that is why I very strongly recommend using the Nvidia Inspector Fps limit to 59fps(Tested on a 60hz screen), to ensure smooth, frame-pacing free gameplay, there is some frame pacing but really nothing to serious, all looks very very good.

Next, you need to use my universal reshade bits:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x800893F5

And you should not experience any kind of hangs what so ever as 2 very crucial part is being used:

#1: In-game fps cap limit to 60(Actually 54 fps during gameplay and keeps the stubborn hangs all at bay, even the very sensitive ones).

#2: Within Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down, if not being used, But, certain areas calls this, depending on how the Sli Broadcast is tuned.

If anything needs to be re-updated, other then the Environmental type area: Industrial, I will update this particular post, particular within the: Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits, the one ending in the digit 7, that usually pertains, only to: No reshade, so I have to double check, again, anything I will re-update, thanks.

EDIT ON 10/28/21:

I fixed the areas that needs to be fixed, they have been re-updated, check above for updates, Everything runs absolute golden with excellent frame pacing control(While set to 59fps within nvidia inspector and very minimal texture flashing(Only in certain environmental areas).

EDIT ON 10/30/21:

All Static and Movement pattern video recordings are now complete, going to now do some encoding and graph work, the hardest part is out of the way.

Also, I played a little bit of the DLC Prophecy, on Campaign Level (5) - The Last Stand, I tried using my custom made bits, and it was hanging right in the beginning, I used other bits and didn't seem stable, I have now triple checked to see if its stable now with the current bits I am using, and it is 100% stable, "WHILE" the fps cap limit is completely turned off.

The environmental type for this area, it look like: Mechanicus Indoors / Imperial facility:

For those who are experiencing alot of hanging in this area, use these bits instead(UPDATED ON 11/5/21):

UPDATE ON 11/5/21: The above bits, also works perfectly within the Environmental type: Spaceship(W/Reshade).

Downfall is that, the min fps won't be high as it should be as I am not using: Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down, to completely remove the stubborn hangs in this area, but yes, 4-Way Sli is defin't working, very good max fps, min fps could have been kinda better but this is the best your going to get for this area while the fps is turned off, far as graphic anomalies in this area, excellent.

I have not played anything afterwards on the DLC, if you are experiencing any hangin' type within similar enviornmental area/areas, please use the above bits to see if it corrects it, no doubt about it, this is one crazy stinkin' game.

EDIT ON 11/5/21:

If your having hanging issues(With Reshade), within the Environmental type: Mechanicus Indoors, Spaceship or Industrial, try using these custom made bits instead:

EDIT ON 11/1/21:

Video encoding will be done today, everything will be done through a program called: Hybrid, I am not going to be using Handbrake as from previous experience when encoding it through the gpu, the video frame pacing was an issue, and I don't want to go through days worth of encoding through the cpu, instead, I did everything through: (Hybrid/Open CL(Gpu), I lowered the Saturation quite a bit as before, the s20 phone(With Gcam mod), still produces extremely over whelming saturation so I had to reduce it quite a bit, next, I used the following: Deblock, Denoiser, Degrain, Sharp(Fine Sharp) and Interpolation(30 fps to 60 fps conversion), everything looks much better then I previously expecteded, some could use a lil more saturation, especially in the no reshade videos, as before, I did this because certain areas with reshade was quite a bit of saturation so I lowered it to 0.51 to all of my videos, both Movement pattern and Static performance test videos, all looking very good, videos will be done shortly, I will be begin in the process of doing my graph work, then I'll upload my videos and finally present my Grand final conclusion to this game, I hope to get everything done this week, Can't wait to move on to Doom 3+Absolute HD Texture Mod+Reshade & Baldur's Gate 3, I'll keep everyone posted.

FINAL EDIT ON 11/3/21:

All my graph work is now complete, I have to re-do some Static testing videos as it was I was off like 4-5 seconds, I am trying to keep the static testing within strict 2 mins.

I am also looking into converting some of my old RE3 Remake videos from 30 fps to 60 fps and uploading it to my youtube channel.

Far as encoding, didn't take to long, although I had tons of videos to encode, thanks to the gpu for it, saved lots of time.

I'll upload the videos shortly today, I also have to upload my graph work as well, everything will be presented in the final conclusion, probably won't be up till tomorrow or the next day, thanks for reading, see you all in the grand final conclusion to this game, all you Warhammer 40k fans and Hardcore Sli tuners out there, you all don't want to miss one out, this is going to be huge, over and out.

And the Grand Final Warmup video:

I have put my Entire heart and soul into this 4-Way Sli project, see you all soon.

END OF LOG.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    WARHAMMER 40K - INQUISITOR/MARTYR + RESHADE - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - GRAND FINAL CONCLUSION PART #1 - 11/4/21:

Guru3D.com & A M D BugBear, on the Behalf of Neocore games, Very proudly presents:

My Latest Quad Sli project: Warhammer 40k - Inquisitor/Martyr + Reshade.

Here it is everyone, the moment to all you Hardcore 40k fans and the Most demanding Sli Tuners out there have been waiting for: Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor/Martyr + Reshade, Running on a Quad Sli Setup, WTFH??? Read forth...

Before I begin, Those of you who are just getting into the 40k in general, Here is some in-depth of the lore, Extremely fascinating:

also, here is the wiki site of the Warhammer table top in general:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_(game)

Before I begin, I might not finish doing all of my final conclusion write-up as I am still in the process of uploading the videos, won't be all done till tommorrow but nevertheless, I have uploaded all the Performance Graph chart for those who are extremely interested in the results that I have put together.

This final conclusion might span into several parts, so more then likely it won't be done today, but nevetheless, it will be updated on a regular basis so please keep checking back later for the most current updates, thanks.

And let us begin with this game:

First of all, I have never played any Warhammer game for an extremely long time, I believe that the last Warhammer game I ever played was back on the PS1(Playstation 1), fast forward till now, this is my 2nd Warhammer based game that I ever came of playing.

What got my attn. to work on this game was the style of the game, The Diablo'ish perspective like, and after I looked into it more, I was extremely interested in working with this game.

While working on the game at first, it wasn't all that bad but after some time went through, the hardest part of this game to control was the very infamous hangs, at first, it took a long time to figure out and actually pin-point the problem, after I found it, alot of different environmental places needed alot of adjustments and tweaking within the Nivida Inspector, granted, it is still really not 100% perfectly stable but this is the best I can do, I have completely exhausted everything into this game, I gave it all I got, the end results really paid off, still not quite 100% perfect but still very very impressive results in the end.

The total time on the game right now: over 232 hrs, all dedicated, nothing but tuning, overall stability checks, nvidia inspector bit tuning,etc and that 232 hrs does not even include out side the game, stuff like Nvidia Inspector, Encoding all of my videos, Graph Work, Jottin' stuff down on papers,etc. Extreme amount of time was invested, all to this game.

Other then the hangs, The game plays and scales Extremely, Extremely well, with or without the use of reshade.

In areas where I had hangs and such, I did alot of adjustments within the nvidia inspector, although some places the overall stability, the hangs in general, were drastically lessen, the overall scaling in these areas took just a slight hit, the hangs in this game would put even the most hardcore tuners out there, literally quit, I kid you not, the hangs in this game, far surpasses pretty much any Quad Sli game I have ever tuned, it was more then extremely difficult in the beginning to handle, now I have managed to settle alot of things down, although, not perfect, it is extremely still playable nontheless in Quad Sli.

I am trying to cut tons of things down here as it would take literally many pages full to cover this game from what I have gone through while tuning this one hell of a game, you got that all right, Really Shaking my head, its been one Hell of an incredible game, WOW.

Lets move on to what everyone has been waiting for, THE RESULTS:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Just to let everyone know, youtube only allows me to upload so much video at one given time, but, I will routinely update it, so please be sure to check back here often.

We are going to cover Static Testing(With and Without Reshade) First then move on to MP(Movement Pattern) Testing.

All of my graph work is complete and the graph work along with the corresponding videos that I will be showing on here, are an exact match, so whatever I took the readings off the video recording testing is on the graph, so just heads up on it.

Also, while watching my actual Performance test videos, All videos have a significant satuation cut, as the camera I used, even with the Gcam mod, the saturation is very overwhelming, I cut it down alot, so please increase your saturation to your liking, thanks.

Lets cover Static Testing(Idle/No Movement) - Strict 2 Min tests first.

We will go over with Reshade, If you all want to know what Reshade Filters(Shaders) I used during these test, please check back on my front page of this specific thread, there is an actual game play video I have up, it will explain everything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Performance Testing Section.

Also, per post, only 4 videos will ever show up, so after youtube .com/, type in the rest:

Abbreviations:

TD: Texture Detail / CD: Character Detail / SD: Shadow Detail / NVIFL: Nvidia Inspector Frame Limiter / TAA: Temporal Anti-Aliasing / HS: High Shaders / SS: Sub-Surface Scattering / HE: High Effects / V-Sync: Vertical Sync(Monitor Refresh Rate) / FB: Frame Blending / SCTG: Sync Cpu to Gpu / EWS: Enable Weather Settings / WHE: Warp Heat Effects / MS: Frametime.

Static Testing(Idle/No Movement) - "With Reshade" - Strict 2 Min Test Results:

Campaign Mission Level #1(The Survivor/Spaceship/Fiex Camera Angle Perspective):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/wgsc34R

Video's:

1 GPU:

4 GPU's:

Campaign Mission Level #1(The Lost Expedition/DLC: Prophecy/Desert):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/9HKCpXP

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=Y-LqYOOB6zk ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=KnFWiA66yfk ( Type after: youtube.com )

Campaign Mission Level #5(The Last Stand/DLC Prophecy):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/JK3rQww

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=aVYuqHebFpY ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=XPXxNZu5E1I ( Type after: youtube.com )

Campaign Mission Level #12(Mining Rig Raid/Prometheum Outpost):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/tzXfdrm

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=12PsMZp-LYU ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=2INNfeP-C6E ( Type after: youtube.com )

Campaign Mission Level #12(Infested Archipelago/Remote Island):

https://ibb.co/9nN8bR6

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=s5f6Dy-B4Hg ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=I3ngO8O3mqM ( Type after: youtube.com )

Campaign Mission Level #12(Frozen Wasteland Area):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/gZVmk2Z

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=wntlWRsUSxg ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=NfFzNmPtbcU ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (20) - Siege - Tyranids - Environmental type: Death World:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/GcJ1Kvy

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=iOJCxxCW1dY ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=eRhYJ44G2DI ( Type after: youtube.com )

(ADDED BONUS/ONLY ONE):

Level (5) Siege - Tyranids - Kardian II - Environmental type: Frozen Wasteland

https://ibb.co/HgKYtkd

Videos:

1 GPU: /watch?v=Xpv6f4yl3o4 ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=HU6rPNN0p3c ( Type afer: youtube.com )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets move on to: Static Testing, "No Reshade"

Level (23) - STG(Silence the Guns) - BLV(Black Legion Vanguard) - Nereus IV/Remote Island:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/VSmLcG5

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=ziwWuYlBjz8 ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=LNoyFVQZPIE ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (13) Siege - Tyranids - Vismar Minoris - Desert:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/b1hhr5h

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=ddT0QGHcExo ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=a6nofSA9C30 ( Type after: youtube.com )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brutal 5k Tests:

Level (3) Assassination - Black Legion Vanguard - Charkov - Frozen Wasteland:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/G2fFfD3

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=M5L1q3uyPJI ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=XQRRPhwBFdA ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (23) Bunker Busting - Plague Vanguard - Nereus IV - Prometheum Outpost:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/DVVKz1D

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=dynCZCcD58E ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=sJtwRXH_lQo ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (13) Siege - Tyranids - Vismar Minoris - Desert:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/68Jx6bT

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=pwxRw0caeJc ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=c2_uX61yOtI ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (9) Assassination - Nurgle Daemons - Carnus Maxima - Industrial Docks:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/d7bztSX

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=81s5XdunkjQ ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=sBON-dwgplc ( Type after: youtube.com )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyond Insanity, 6k tests:

Level (26) Hunt - Aeldari - Temptestus Citadel - Spaceship:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/NxqRSx2

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=zU05inkVBec ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=PoylO55P81A ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (5) Data Hunt - Saint Abelard Relay Stn. - Word Bearer Vanguard - Imperial Facility:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/WkNhcd3

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=1pUXEEWeMcs ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=fsjpIqPF0us ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (26) Hunt - Aeldari - Temptestus Citadel - Spaceship:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/5sZ9ksh

Videos:

1 GPU: /watch?v=zU05inkVBec ( Type after youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=PoylO55P81A ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (29) Data Hunt - Tainted Rebel Vanguard - Argon Prime - Tropospheric Platform:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/FBCK6XS

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=ydml4ASKLSU ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=EITk7A8H-C8 ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (17) Purge - Nurgle Daemons - Carnus Maxima - Infested Halls:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/KxwgX4p

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=Iirb7itXZ2Q ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=1P_ZCW-7Zoo ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (27) Rescue - Alpha Legion Vanguard - Lacaon IX - Spaceship:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/wSrmSt0

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=fQJhQp4QG08 ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=OnATIbrsKQk ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (16) Siege - Black Legion Vanguard - Mundi Plus - Upper Hive:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/XtLpbVM

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=julrO8bsrOE ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=EIyQM2hpHxk ( Type after: youtube.com )

I tried to cover a wide range of Environmental types, some are being left out, I am just way to exhausted with this game, LAUGHS. :). If anyone wants to me check a specific area,etc, upon request, let me know and I'll look into it, many thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVEMENT PATTERN TESTING SECTION...

These test's down below are: LONG PLAY tests, meaning, until the specific assignment is complete, only few tests(With Reshade) has fixed camera angle perspective to increase curiosity on the scaling performance.

We are going to cover with "With Reshade" first.

Campaign Mission Level #1(Tutorial Area/The Survivor/Fixed Camera Angle Perspective):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/Ytcm9X9

Video:

1 GPU: /watch?v=lK36RRILD-w ( Type after: youtube.com)

4 GPU's: /watch?v=CPE87WXEhoE ( Type after: youtube.com )

Campaign Mission Level #3(Forbidden Cult):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/f0qBRsS

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=ufowqiv1blY (Type after: youtube.com )

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=qOVG_3HqIW8 ( Type after: youtube.com )

Campaign Mission Level #5(Madness Incarnated):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/xJdLPWK

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=B_TQ1kvtFa0 ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=k9JfGPyulb4 ( Type after: youtube.com )

Campaign Mission Level #1(DLC: Prophecy): The Lost Expedition:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/pysNFj7

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=p6ds_O0Xdmg ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=nyRE99wcqbk ( Type after: youtube.com )

Campaign Mission Level #5(DLC: Prophecy) - The Last Stand:

Graph Work:

https://ibb.co/nCXx1LH

Videos:

1 GPU: watch?v=LgtzJPERl1M (Type after: youtube.com/ )

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=jMq0RADfdQE ( Type after: youtube.com )

Campaign Mission Level #12(Frozen Wasteland):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/cDSLrHz

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=y6t9a_lyOy0 ( Type after: youtube.com)

4 GPU's: /watch?v=9Z3IJQa6oNw ( Type after: youtube.com)

Campaign Mission Level #12(Mining Rig Raid/Prometheum Outpost):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/bPZW5TW

Video's:

1 GPU:

4 GPU's:

Campaign Mission Level #12(Infested Archipelago/Remote Island):

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/w7HJqqL

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=5hUiGrqKMvQ ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=HUubnRFC6wo ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (22) Siege - Aeldari - Port Ascalon - Environmental type: Mechanicus Indoors:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/Y7MLPPH

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=ajMM_YMjIkE ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=iGCC79J_JDo ( Type after: youtube.com )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, we move on to Movement Pattern, "Without Reshade":

Level (19) Rescue - Word Bearer Vanguard - Argon Prime - Death Word:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/pJksfvq

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=beyIVIu4dSA ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=eRhYJ44G2DI ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (22) Hunt - Tyranids - Nereus IV - Frozen Wasteland:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/94RzgW0

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=q9tyNqA7p6o ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=dhN8NQl8arc ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (12) Assassination - Black Legion Vanguard - Tartarus IV - Frozen Wasteland:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/hH1TvXZ

Videos:

1 GPU: /watch?v=hZRHAnmlBhI ( Type After: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=1WWcEIoCJkM ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (5) Silence the Guns - Alpha Legion Vanguard - Charkov - Remote Island:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/X8PvLgW

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=SkbEe3VMhWg ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=8GyzJgN_k5o ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (21) Hunt - Tyranids - Aphagia Minor - Prometheum Outpost:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/Mc22qnd

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=JlkhEcCmlXw ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=8Yn2TMk0wDM ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (3) Data Hunt - Saint Abelard Relay Stn. - Tainted Rebel Guard - Industrial Docks:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/5Lb0Sm7

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=zdT78XujA8M ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=9h8_RszQSsg ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (6) Siege - Tyranids - Kardian II - Desert:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/Y3VjxLv

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=v3zh7PdoxaI ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=6D5ceWDWvdA ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (6) Data Hunt - Rebel Guard - Charkov - Industrial Docks:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/pW2Kjs1

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=Z_9UfAXIcYc ( type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=hOLv8f0KeRQ ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (22) Assassination - Alpha Legion Vanguard - Argon Prime - Urban Ruins:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/RSNcKqX

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=BDOJoNFm94w ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=OETSK4ODHlw ( Type after: youtube.com )
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRUTAL 5k+ Test's:

Level (22) Data Hunt - Tainted Rebel Guard - Argon Prime - Tropospheric Platform:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/mGWQ0qL

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=Hc23tf4Wv0o ( Type after: youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=UXqqcEnAJ4U ( Type after: youtube.com )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyond Insane 6k & Beyond TEST's

Level (5) Data Hunt - Word Bearer Vanguard - Saint Abelard Relay Stn. - Imperial Facility:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/vLfbxCr

Videos:

1 GPU: /watch?v=w5T9MlmkzYg ( Type after youtube.com )

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=a41aalkna4g ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (16) Siege - Black Legion Vanguard - Mundi Plus - Upper Hive:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/xGzjRDh

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=hWbC-Osijx0 ( Type after youtube.com )

4 GPU's: /watch?v=qbYrh5M0LtI ( Type after: youtube.com )

Level (7) Purge - Nurgle Daemons - Carnus Maxima - Infested Halls:

Graph Chart:

https://ibb.co/T2rmVPn

Video's:

1 GPU: /watch?v=Htnwoqu9c_I (Type after youtube.com )

4 Gpu's: /watch?v=EqqEorDOkPI ( Type after: youtube.com )

And that should cover all the testing I have personally conducted on my own time.

If any is missing or needs to revised, check back this particular post later.

Far as video goes, always continue to check back later on this post, that or go into that one particular video shown above, go to my youtube channel, wait till more videos show up, might take a bit to process, I personally encode them through very high settings,etc, although, all the videos that I encoded through Hybrid is all complete, just waiting on the upload part.

See you all on part #2 to the final conclusion to this game.

Please move on to part #2 to this final conclusion.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    WARHAMMER 40k - INQUISITOR/MARTYR - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - GRAND FINAL CONCLUSION #2- 11/5/21:

This section will cover my custom made bits:

As to make everyone aware:

Even though the game is not 100% perfectly stable from the infamous hangs, it is still absolutely required to use my custom made bits to ensure that you will not have problems in the end(For the most part).

Before going on to my custom made bits:

Warning before using my custom bits:

This game has been rigorously been tested with many hrs, and I will 100% gaurantee to work as I described, and only been tested, repeat again, "ONLY" been tested with the Nvidia GTX 970 family, it has not tested with any other Maxwell based Gpu's, along with at least 24gb to 32gb of main system ram to be utmost safe, and "ONLY" using the graphic drivers: Modified Quadro Drivers: 392.65, if your using 392.67 and having some kind of an issue, please let me know and I will throughly check into it, and also, "ONLY" Win 10, x64 (build 15063, Version: 1703, Update: 2108, RS2 (RTM), Failure to meet these absolute crucial requirements, I will guarantee 0%, so please make sure of this before you continue. Also, This game was personally tested on win 10x64, 21h2 build, and at first glance, while under quad sli operation, I notice that there was flashing purple like anomaly on screen, it was very rare that it will disappear on its own, I could not get rid of it, the only way to get rid of it is using another windows build, other games had similar issue, but not all, again, for this reason, I once again: "ONLY" recommend the win 10x64 version build I mentioned earlier, as my Quad Sli, under normal operation, works perfectly, no exceptions.

First let's go over my universal Reshade Bits(MUST use 60 fps cap within the in-game settings to prevent major hangs while playing).

Before going on to the the bits themselves, more on in-game Fps Cap limiter:

By going to this route, you will also keep all the flashing textures completely at bay, not only that, you will also keep all the major hangs completely at bay, that being said, your still going to have some kind of jerky like motion while the in-game fps limit is being turned on, My own personal opinion and to have the very best overall game play experience and overall smoothness, please turn on the fps cap within the nvidia inspector program, set it to 59 fps(On a 60hz screen), and have the fps cap within the in-game settings completely turned off, just make sure you don't go under like 58 fps, you will experience some kind of frame pacing, so always try to keep it like 58+ to be utmost safe, my personal opinion, I would fine tune the specific area with 1 gpu, make sure it does it go under 17-15 fps(Quad Sli systems), You will need to keep checking back and forth with your sli testing system, and you will also need to go through an extensive amounts of akward resolution to get the best possible tuning results, next, enable your sli and the nvidia inspector frame limiter 59, and within the in-game settings to off, Smooth as butter, but by going to this route, you absolutey "MUST" use my custom made bits as by not using it, you will get a hang almost immediately while playing or sooner or later you will experience a major hang, and: CNTRL+ALT+DEL and sign off will be needed, absolutely no exceptions.

Just heads up on bits themselves when going to other specific environmental zones: Only 3 things needs to be changes by doing so:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits, Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits & Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x), all the others, can be left unchanged(with or without reshade), the ones left unchanged will only be mentioned once, so please be aware of it.

First off, open up: Nvidia's Best friend: Nvidia Inspector and make the following changes below:

For "Reshade only" & going to the Universal route(While turning on the: In-game fps cap):

1 - Compatibility:

Ambient Occlusion Compatibility: 0x00000031 (Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2)

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x800893F5 (Can add the letter: D within 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down for more performance while the in-game fps cap limit is turned off, but only stable(Can still have a chance to hang) in specific areas, use with utmost caution, areas are: Death World, Frozen Wasteland, Remote Island, Desert, Industrial Docks & Prometheum Outpost, Also, by adding the Letter D within 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down, in certain specific(The ones I did not mention) Areas, you will also control the texture flashing in these areas, but in turn, not stable enough to play in those areas, so use it for testing purposes only. Also, within the bits: 0x0<<~~ 1st hex down, Please switch it to digit: 0 for 2-way and 3-way sli use only, digit: 8 is "ONLY" for quad sli systems only, no exceptions. Also, in the last hex: 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down, set to digit: 1 for 2-way sli, for tri-sli systems, switch to digit: 6, thanks.

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000010 ENABLE_CE_UPLOADS Enable - Copy Engine Async Uploads

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x000000EA

2 - Sync and Refresh:

Frame Rate Limiter: 59 FPS(60 hz screen)

Frame Rate Limiter Mode: 0x00000001
    PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_2_CONTROL_DELAY_3D.

All G-sync options: I have it off cause Not using a G-sync monitor.

Max Pre-rendered frames: 4 (For Quad Sli only)

5 - Common:

Ambient Occlusion Setting: Performance

Ambient Occlusion Usage: Enabled

6 - SLI:

Anti-Aliasing - SLI AA: ENABLED(Switch to Disable for no reshade use only)

# of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode: Set to the amount of GPU's you are currently using, if 3, set it to: THREE

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode: (For older Api, DX9, etc, leave it on Autoselect)

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering MODE (DX1x): Set to the amount of GPU's you are currently using, if 3, set it to: THREE

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode: (For older API's, DX9, etc, leave it on autoselect)

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on Direct X10: AFR of SFR(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way or 3-way sli systems, leave it on autoselect).

Sli Rendering mode: AFR of SFR(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way or 3-way sli systems, leave it on autoselect).

Next, head over to 8 - Extra, and make the following changes below:

8 - Extra:

ASYNC10_NVAPI_MODE: 0x00000002 ALLOW_NOBLOCKING_SLISTATE - Allow specific non-blocking optimizations for GetCurrentSliState NVAPI.

ASYNC10_PRESENT_MODE: 0x89624578 Async - DX10 present will be async call.

Large_VA: 0x00000003 Enable_LargeVA_Quadro_Tesla - Enable large VA on Quadro Tesla GPUs.

MCSFRLOADBALANCE: 0x60606064 Dynamic - moves the split line dynamically to accomodate the load.

PS_ASYNC_SHADER_SCHEDULER_FLAGS: 0x00000001 IGNORE_LOAD_BALANCING - debug: Ignore gpu load, apply always.

Far as the unknown ID settings, I didn't had to change any of them, so please leave at factory(Stock) Settings, thank you.

Now for: Without Reshade, Universal Bits(Must use the in-game fps limiter to prevent hangs,etc, you can go with the nvidia inspector limiter route and switch it to 59 fps and turn off the one within the in-game settings, again, only some areas are extremely sensitive to others, that being said, please have the in-game fps cap on to be utmost safe, no exceptions. If your going to use the nvidia inspector fps limiter route, some places you won't have problems, some are very sensitive to hangs, if you experience this, use the in-game fps limiter and don't use the nvidia inspector fps limiter, Areas in question is very similar to the ones with reshade.

Custom bits for No Reshade(Universal):

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C08

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8C08E3F5 (For Quad Sli Systems only), Take off the 1st hex down: 0x0<<~~, leave it to digit 0 for 2-way and 3-way sli systems, also, last hex down: 0x00000000<<~~, switch to digit: 1 for 2-way sli, digit: 6 for tri-sli.

Sli Specific Hacks: 0x0000006C

All others: Unchanged(With the exception of the SLI AA, have it disabled if not using reshade)

Now, if your going to go without the in-game fps cap limit route, and want to the very best experience possible, each specific environmental type zones, with or without reshade, calls for different bits(Mainly due to hanging issues), for more info on these bits, please move backwards to 3 posts, everything should be listed there, it is far to much to add it again here, so please check back 3 posts, check for the specific areas in question, please be extremely careful while inserting the bits as described, as if one digit or letter is off, a hang will be like almost immediately, Click Here: ~~>> https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/extreme-4-way-sli-tuning.425674/page-49

If any more changes to the bits in general for a specific environmental type, I will revise that particular post.

Also, even if you do use my Highly, custom made bits on that specific post(3 Post earlier) I would still, highly recommend putting the fps cap to 59(on 60hz screen) within nvidia inspector's FPS limiter, to prevent hangs, flashing textures,etc, You can leave the fps cap completely off, but your going to experience frame pacing issues, alot of the frame pacing issues I already discussed previously, mainly coming from the Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits & the Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits themselves, as before, I did many adjustments to specific environmental type areas to ensure the lowest frame pacing possible and also, #1, the infamous hangs.

If your still going to do the no fps limit on both in-game settings and nvidia inspector, while under reshade, please try to refrain of using: HBAO, as I notice that, that does increase frame pacing quite a bit, the RTGI and MXAO in general: not to bad, no where as bad as HBAO, so if your tuning with reshade, try not to use it, my highest recommendation.

Also, If your using very heavy duty reshade settings, while the fps limit is completely off, you might to consider going to a resolution lower then 1440p as you will experience better frame pacing control. Now for those who are playing the game without reshade, you will have better frame pacing control(Without the fps limiter being used). If your really going crazy with the resolution in general, please have the nvidia inspector fps limiter on and try not to go underneath that, there is a light and day differences.

Just to let everyone know to the ones on similar systems who are using either 2-Way or Tri-Sli configurations, I want to make this perfectly clear to everyone: Basically all of my tuning process, stability checks, etc was solely done on: Quad Sli Configuration, that being said, you should not have that much problems at all, I did check just a tad within 2-way and 3-way, I didn't see an issue, but if you all happen to come across something that I overlooked or whatnot, please let me know, I will gladly look into it.

And that should cover it, See you all on Part #3 to the final conclusion of this game(Final Part), thanks to everyone for reading, means alot.

Kozary likes this.
  4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    WARHAMMER 40k - INQUISITOR/MARTYR - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - FINAL CONCLUSION #3 - UPDATE - 11/8/21:

Sorry for the delay of not posting the final conclusion part 3 sooner, was extremely busy editing the performance post, uploading the performance videos, making adjustments to the graph charts,etc, I been extremely busy, and also, another heads up: All the Performance videos(With and without reshade, both static and movement patterns, are now finally complete.

Lets move onwards to the grand final conclusion to this game:

First lets go over the tuning difficulty of this game:

Although it is no where near on the same magnitude as Mortal Shell, this game was not very easy to deal with, especially the hangs, even though it took a great deal of time to actually pin point the problem, All in all, I would give the tuning difficulty, unless you know what to change, I would give it a High Difficulty tuning rating, other then the hangs, the tuning was not bad at all, the hanging part was the absolute toughest part to deal with, and for those who are new into Sli tuning in general or looking into tuning, This is not a game you would start out with, absolutely not, Even for me, going over 2+ years of nothing but tuning, still not very easy, but after I routed the problem of the hangs, it still was not easy to deal with, lots and lots of tuning, stability checks, etc.

As before, I have managed to get alot of the hangs under control, that being said, it may or may not lock on the user who's playing the game, even if it does hang, all you got to do is CNTRL+ALT+DEL then sign off, so no biggie but I have had one very rare occasion where while I was messing with the in-game shadow settings and going to re-shade settings while in the game, I had a black screen and the music was still rollin', it could take like 3-5 mins to snap out of it, at one super rare occasion, I had to force reset as I had no choice, I wouldn't worry about it as they are extremely rare but it is something to be utmost aware about.

One thing that I love about this game is the fact that, you can keep your charc. still and move your aiming cursor around, this method of play exactly reminds me a game, going way back on the 16-bit Snes: Shadowrun, also one of my favorite games of all time.

Now to sum it all, is it really worth going to Quad Sli realm with this game???

If your going with very heavy extreme Reshade settings and Resolution then absolutely yes, if your not going to use Reshade, unless your playing at very, very high resolution, I would say, even 2-Way Sli would be perfect, tri-sli or higher is really not needed as it will introduce more frame pacing issues(If your Fps is not capped within nvidia inspector) as you will need to further increase the resolution to a much higher degree to make better use of using tri-sli configuration or higher.

As before, both reshade and without worked out better then I hoped for, everything came out top notch with the exception of those extremely nasty hangs.

Despite the Vram on the 970's, I can still manage to play 6k but some areas it takes awhile to settle it down but it does work, but again, if you are only going to play without reshade, I would recommend Quad Sli, only if you have your fps cap on within nvidia inspector as it will totally eliminate those nasty frame pacing issues while your fps cap(Within the in-game setting) is completely turned off.

If your looking to play just straight up 4k, without reshade, 2-Way Sli will work with absolutely no problems, but soon as you go with more cards, you will need more resolution, thus in the end, completely exhausting the Vram then the system ram has to act as buffer which it can take some time to settle down.

If your still want to go with the Quad Sli route and without reshade, I would personally fine tune the area that your in with 1 gpu, make sure it does not fall like 17 fps(If your running on a 60hz screen) or so, next, turn on your fps cap limiter within nvidia inspector and leave the fps cap limiter within the in-game settings to off, your good to go, you will experience smooth game play all around.

My final recommendation:

Quad Sli route: Works Excellent with extreme reshade settings, absolutely 100% Top Dog, without reshade: Quad Sli is really not needed, again, if you just want to play at 4k, then 2-Way Sli would work best for you as the other configurations are really not needed(EDIT: If playing at 4k, Tri-Sli could make great use in certain specific Environmental type, but other that that, 2-Way @ 4k should be absolutely no problem, Without no reshade), unless your doing some kind of hardcore testing,etc then I would say yes, otherwise I would stick with 2-Way Sli for no Reshade, I never tested the game with a high refresh rate monitor and set it through nvidia inspector as I never owned anything higher then 60hz screen, but with Reshade, this is where Quad Sli really tear things apart, All in all, I would give both reshade and without reshade, despite the hang issues, 2 Absolute Brutal thumbs up.

EDIT:

One thing I forget to mention, extremely important:

The MS: Frametime, during my testing, is probably one of the best or perhaps the best I have ever seen in my Quad Sli tuning, some of these MS: Frametime, Left my jaw's hanging wide open, waiting for flies to come in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Specs:

Graphic Drivers Used: Modified Quadro Drivers: 392.65 & 392.67

Win 10 X64(Version 1703/15063.2108) RS2 / RTM

4 GTX 970's(Gigabyte Windforce Edition) @ 1480mhz(Core) / 7560mhz(Effective memory)

10900X (Skylake-X) Cpu @ 4.7ghz(P95 Stable)

32GB system Ram @ 4000mhz

Dual 1200Ws - OCZ/PC power & Cooling: MK Silencer III's

1TB SSD (OS/Games)

Total time overall:

All overall stability checks, Nvidia Inspector tuning, Bit Tuning/In-Game tuning and Testing: Over 232+ Hrs, from A M D BugBear of Guru3D.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See you all on my next two upcoming projects:

Doom3+Absolute HD Mod+Reshade & Baldur's Gate 3.

I am also going to re-up: RE3 Remake performance testing videos and gameplay(1st Quad Sli Video), I just converted the videos to 60 fps and everything came out very good, just some blur while moving a bit, not to bad, I want to add these re-up videos to my current youtube channel.

See you all on the next project, WH 40k - Inquisitor/Martyr is now officially completed.

Kozary likes this.

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - COUNTDOWN TO THE 980TI's - GAME # 12 & 13 of 30 - UPDATE - 11/8/21:

Finally we can move on to other projects.

My next 2 projects are going to be:

Doom3+Absolute HD mod+Reshade+Nvidia Inspector Forced AA & Baldur's Gate 3.

If you all seen my front page, it stated that I have played: (At initial glance) Doom3+Absolute HD mod+Reshade till Enpro Plant and Baldur's Gate 3(Couple Hrs), and at a glance, Excellent Scaling.

From initial, at a glance testing for Doom3, the Quad Sli scaling and performance, was like a one lone survivor, screaming from the very depth's of Hell, on the other hand Baldur's Gate 3, only played few hrs, the overall scaling potential at a glance, took several hrs to kick in, and yes, incredible scaling potential but I only played, just in the first given area.

And no, I am using the normal Doom3 game+Mods+Reshade, as the BFG version or with the sikmod attached, Nvidia Inspector Forced AA does not work.

So now I present to you, 2 trailers for both games + misc video.

Videos for Doom3(Not Mine/For a 2004 game, Incredible):

Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil Trailer:

Baldur's Gate 3 Trailers:

And Baldur's gate 3 in action(Not my video):

Stay tuned for 1st updates on both games.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - MODIFIED QUADRO DRIVERS: 392.68 TRY OUT - UPDATE - 11/9/21:

Gave these drivers a try with my #1 Quad Sli testing game of choice: Rise of the Tomb Raider + My Highly Modified Custom Made Bits and I 100% originally expected, everything scales like there was absolutely no tomorrow, Absolutely Fantastic with 0 Graphic Anomalies, everything looks Sharp and Crisp, Incredibly Smooth with Excellent MS(Frametime) Control.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - WIN 10 X64 - VERSION: 1703 / BUILD 15063 W/UPDATE: 2679 TRYOUT + OLD GAMES RE-TUNED + RE3 Remake(Original Performance Videos) Re-up - 11/11/21

Great news coming along here...

Thanks to one of the users here who sent me a link to the update: .2679 with Win 10 x64 RS2 (Version 1703 / Build: 15063).

Normally, I could not go anything higher then update: 2108.

Gave this one a try, and gave my #1 Quad Sli testing game of choice: ROTR(Rise of the Tomb Raider) + Modified Quadro Drivers: 392.68, along with my custom made bits to the game, as I 100% originally expected, everything works perfectly as it should, no hangs, no nothing, all smooth and crisp, no graphical anomalies, so far, these are keepers for me.

And also, I am currently looking into these games to be re-tuned, some of them are with Reshade:

Sekiro: Shadow Dies Twice + Reshade

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice + Reshade(Working as we speak, I'll put a new post in regards about this project)

Control

Assassins Creed Unity + MSAA & SGSSAA + (Looking into with reshade)

Assassins Creed Origins

Batman: Arkham Knight

Tom Clancy's: The Division

Greedfall + Reshade

The Technomancer + Reshade

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana+HD Texture Mod+Reshade (New Game)

+ Along other 3 games mentioned on my front page that are my future projects.

But my main primary focus right now is: Doom3+Absolute HD Texture mod+Reshade+Nvidia Inspector AA injection & Baldur's Gate 3 (Yet to post 1st update, I will soon, be sure to look for it).

I am also doing some tuning for Hellpoint + Reshade as we speak, I will annouce that soon.

Speaking about Hellblade, one of my earlier projects, if you look back on this project on my thread here, you will see that I was pretty much the 1st one to discover to bring alot more Sli Scaling potential with the use of Geforce Experience: Shadow Play, all you got to do is hit record(1440p, Mid bitrate ratio), along with my old custom bits at that time, and your good to go.

That was a long time ago, fast foward now, I am not going to be using the Geforce Experience: Shadow Play Technique(I will test it, "Only" at a last resort if needed), although the actual technique in general, I found this while researching around but far as incorporating while playing the game, I am pretty much the 1st one to ever find this out, please check back on this old project of mine, thanks.

Speaking about Geforce Experience, the branch I am using: 392.xx, these newer Geforce Experience will not work I would have to go back and install a very old one, it is the only way, newer ones from I understand, only supports: 43x.xx or higher (Last time I checked), I never really use Geforce Experience, so its been quite some time.

Far as overall scaing potential is concerned, with and without reshade = Pretty good, I am pretty much done tuning within the nvidia inspector for now, did some tuning within the Engine.ini file, far as the built in AA within the game, think its using TAA, still having problems, tried several of my techniques, it does not work, so therefore, in replacement, with and without reshade, I will be using TAA, looking good thus far, I'll announce it soon.

And just to let everyone know, as I stated, quite some time ago, that the Geforce Experience: Shadow Play recording technique that I used while tuning Hellblade at that time, I tried many games with this method, even games using the same engine(UE4), and all of them do not work, so just heads up on it, I believe if I remembered correcly, Hellblade was the only game that worked, and at that time of tuning, I was using the drivers: Modified Quadro Drivers: 416.30.

And finally: I am in the process of re-uploading all of my original RE3 Remake videos that I did beginning of this year.

I converted the ones to 60fps of the ones that needed to be converted, all the others: 30fps.

I also did very extreme transcoding quality through Hybrid, even though after upload, the original quality, obviously won't be there but good nontheless.

What I had problems with during the encode time with the original videos for RE3 Remake, For some reason, the audio itself, can not be detected even though the audio works perfect in these original videos, so I had to download them again from my channel, Still looks very good, one thing I notice from my original and the ones uploaded on youtube, most of the noise/grain is eliminated but some stuff looks somewhat more blurer, certain things you can catch, but for the most part, nope.

Check my youtube channel later, videos are now in process of being uploaded, my youtube channel is on my front page, if you all can, please subscribe to my channel if you like the content provided and also, smash me a thumbs up.(Greatly appreciated)

8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - COUNTDOWN TO THE 980TI's - GAME #14 of 30 - HELLBLADE: SENSUA SACRIFICE (REVISITED & RETUNED+RESHADE) - UPDATE - 11/11/21:

Another game (Revisited) that I worked in a long time ago, fast foward now, the game will be completely re-tuned from the ground up, with and without reshade, so far, I been on it for 8+hrs, everything is looking very good, actually, better then I hoped for.

To add to the warm-up to the very welcome back to one of my older Quad Sli project, I present to you some videos(Not Mine):

Video #1 (Compared to the other Official Video, this one has better Quality + Captions):

Here are some older Videos(When it was in development):

Video #2:

Some Tribute Videos (Not Mine):

Video #3:

Video #4:

Video #5:

& Final Warm up Video, Video#6(Have to login within youtube as the user disabled it to show on other websites, due to age):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF6JsJmS2MM

Stay Tuned for 1st update, along with Doom3+Reshade & Baldur's Gate 3, going to be an incredible ride.

9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE(RE-VISITED) + RESHADE - 1ST UPDATE - 11/15/21:

Welcome again, for a game that I previously worked on, a long time ago, completely re-tuned from the ground up, with and without reshade.

Right now, my complete entire focus for this game is with reshade, Although I have done some testing/tuning without reshade, looking good thus far.

Current Reshade Filters(Shaders) I am using right now:

DPX
    Curves
    HQ4X
    NFAA(Normal Filter Anti-aliasing)
    TAA(Temporal Anti-aliasing)
    MXAO(8 Samples)
    GloomAO(Full Resolution Adaptive)
    PPFX Bloom
    HDR(Fake Hdr)
    Dehaze
    Delc_Sharpen
    Clarity
    Colorfulness

I have some before and after images showing performance difference between 1 Gpu and 4 Gpu's, but first, I need to go over some very important things here:

To anyone out there who is still into tuning in general and is looking into tuning this game or in a middle of it, etc, some things you must be aware about:

Before going any further, basically, all of this test was conducted while under 4-Way Sli operation.

Before we continue about what to do before you jump into the game itself, here is my custom made: Engine.ini, please make a note of it(Reshade only atm & its Subject to change):

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
    r.EnableAsyncComputeTranslucencyLightingVolumeClear=1
    MaterialBaking.UseMaterialProxyCaching=1
    r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
    r.AmbientOcclusionSampleSetQuality=0
    r.MultithreadedLightmapEncode=1
    r.AlsoUseSphereForFrustumCull=1
    r.MultithreadedShadowmapEncode=1
    r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=0
    r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
    r.AmbientOcclusion.Compute=1
    r.DrawRectangleOptimization=1
    r.TriangleOrderOptimization=1
    r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.VPLViewCulling=1
    r.Cache.UpdateEveryFrame=1
    r.OnlyStreamInTextures=1
    r.VirtualTexture=1
    r.Shaders.Optimize=1
    FX.AllowGPUSorting=1
    r.FinishCurrentFrame=1
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.TonemapperQuality=0
    r.SubsurfaceQuality=1
    r.HZBOcclusion=1
    r.EarlyZPass=2
    r.SSR.Quality=3
    r.VolumetricFog=0
    r.TrueSkyQuality=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
    r.MaxAnisotropy=16
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

Next, I used this while tuning this game, I used this while I was tuning Echo(UE4 game):

https://coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

And under the Launch Options, within steam for this game, type this in:

-USEALLAVAILABLECORES

It may or help you out, please try it to see, thanks.

My in-game settings before going any further are as follows:

Under Gameusersettings.ini:

[ScalabilityGroups]
    sg.ShadingQuality=3
    sg.PMVQuality=0
    sg.ViewDistanceQuality=1
    sg.AntiAliasingQuality=0
    sg.ShadowQuality=1
    sg.PostProcessQuality=1
    sg.TextureQuality=2
    sg.EffectsQuality=1
    sg.FoliageQuality=3

Finally, load up the game, "Make Sure" you have your resolution set to a lower degree, lower then your actual in-game playing resolution.

Before you jump into the game, we want to control the minimal flickering that's present while under Quad Sli operation:

While your save game is loading, play very close attn. to the bottom right symbol(Loading), after it tries to stop(Before it goes into the game), do ALT+ENTER to get into windows mode, wait for like a second or 2, then do: ALT+ENTER once more, should be all set, granted, the flickering is "Not" all that serious, no where near as bad as these other games, so no worries, takes a good couple of tries, should be all set.

Once all that is taken care of, go to your in-game graphic settings, change your resolution that you have currently(e.g.: 2560x1440), then change it to your desired resolution, once you change your resolution, at this point, "DO NOT" click apply just yet, you "MUST" have your quality preset to low, then click on apply(Failure to do this method, your overall scaling potential goes way down), next, do this placebo effect: "ONLY" change your effect setting to very high, click apply, then bring it back to low, click apply, finally, adjust your settings you your liking, for those who have similar setup as mine, I would very strongly recommend using the Gameusersettings.ini adjustments that I previously mentioned above, also, "MAKE SURE" you have your custom made resolution or DSR for that matter to a 16:9 Aspect Ratio resolution, if you have it on 16:10 aspect ratio, your overall scaling potential goes down, I already confirmed it on my end, so please make absolutely sure you are on 16:9 resolution, if you want a complete list down to custom your resolution to your liking, go to this site:

https://pacoup.com/2011/06/12/list-of-true-169-resolutions/

Here is some images I took, 1 GPU vs 4 Gpu's(W/Reshade/All Tests @ 3840x2160):

1 GPU:

1 GPU.jpg

4 GPU's:

4 GPU's.jpg

1 GPU:

1 GPU A .jpg

4 GPU's:

4 GPu's A.jpg

Currently investigating the FB Usage, usually if everything is smooth(depending on game), it never goes above 0 to 1%, usually, if you see very abnormal reactions, etc, it means that something in the tuning is not working properly or some settings are just to high and causes way to much frame pacing, but in this case, everything looks ok on my end, one thing I can say is this: Just like my previous game, Warhammer 40k - Inquisitor/Martyr, try fine tuning your game with 1 gpu first, then to Quad Sli mode, for those who are on a 60hz screen, please set your fps cap within nvidia inspector to 59 fps, and completely turn off Vsync within nvidia inspector and within the in-game settings, if can keep 59 and above, virtually all frame pacing is eliminated(No matter the settings,reshade setttings,resolution,etc), so fine tune the specific area under 1 gpu first then move on to sli operation. The frame pacing is actually not bad if fps limiter is not being used, there is one that drives the 1% and .1% LOW's down, and that's GloomAO, and yes, taking this out basically eliminates the Frame pacing, MXAO doesn't seem to cause frame pacing to the degree as GloomAO so please tune accordingly, many thanks.

I have yet to try all areas, I only tried some areas, I did manage to download this, Extremely useful for those who are extremely serious of tuning this game and looking to tune a specific areas instead of starting the game from scratch:

https://www10.zippyshare.com/v/niW44XFz/file.html

And for those who are instead in my custom made bits(Subject to change), here are my Custom made bits:

Ambient Occlusion Compatibility:

0x00000031 (Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2)

Sli Broadcast (Dx1x) Bits: 0x00000C0B (For "Without" Reshade: 0x00000C06)

Sli Compatibiliy (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D8A97F5 (For "Without" Reshade: 0x8A0637F5) / For 2-Way or 3-Way Sli, Make sure you change these 2 hex's: 0x0<<~~ Set to digit: 0, and the ending hex: 0x00000000<<~~ Set to digit: 1 for 2-Way Sli, for Tri-Sli operation, please set to digit: 6, many thanks.

Sli Copy Engine: Not Used:

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0xB0000BE6 (For "Without" Reshade: 0xB0000B76)

5 - Common

Force P2 State: Off

6 - SLI:

Anti-Aliasing - SLI AA: ENABLED

# of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode: Set to the amount of GPU's you are currently using, if 3, set it to: THREE

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode: (For older Api, DX9, etc, leave it on Autoselect)

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering MODE (DX1x): Set to the amount of GPU's you are currently using, if 3, set it to: THREE

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on Direct X10: SFR(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way or 3-way sli systems, leave it on autoselect).

Sli Rendering mode: SFR(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way or 3-way sli systems, leave it on autoselect

Next, head over to 8 - Extra and make the following changes below:

ASYNC10_NVAPI_MODE: 0x00000002 ALLOW_NOBLOCKING_SLISTATE - Allow specific non-blocking optimizations for GetCurrentSliState NVAPI.

ASYNC10_PRESENT_MODE: 0x89624578 Async - DX10 present will be async call

COLORCOMPRESSENABLE: 0x25558997 On

PS_ASYNC_SCHEDULER_FLAGS: 0x00000001 IGNORE_LOAD_BALANCING - debug: Ignore gpu load, apply always.

Finally, it is also "Required" to make some adjustments within the unknown ID settings, before proceeding, make sure you click on the magnifying glass on top of the program, then scroll all the way down to you see the: Unknown ID settings and make the adjustments below, be extremely careful while doing it:

0x00854CAB (26 Profiles): 0x00000028 (Battlefield 4)

0x00A34323 (1 Profile): 0x00000001 (Batman: Arkham Knight)

0x00C96F61 (4 Profiles): 0x0000000F (Battlefield 1, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2, Star Wars: Battlefront (2015), Mirror's Edge: Catalyst).

0x10AAA36C (90 Profiles): (The Talos Principle, City Bus Simulator, Catzilla, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Hired Team, Krabbit World Labirinth, Vulcan, Rage, etc, etc,.

0x10FD4C5F (7 Profiles): 0x01F296C1 (Catzilla, Unigine: Heaven 4.0 demo, 3DMark, Unigine: Valley demo, 3DMark14, Unigine: Heaven demo, 3DMark Ice Storm).

All others, leave it on factory(Stock) settings.

Time for bed, I been tuning this game, pretty much all day, and total tuning time for this game as of now, about 25 hrs in.

More updates to come on this game and also: Doom3+Reshade+Nvidia Inspector's Forced AA & Baldur's Gate 3.

EDIT ON 11/16/21:

Couple of things here and one is one of great importance:

Remember back then when I told everyone that by using the Geforce Experience: Shadow Play recording method to enhance your overall scaling potential? Well I tried doing that with the very old drivers I have used in the past(Modified Quadro Drivers: 416.30), and also, I don't really remember which Geforce Experience version I used so I took a peek while during installation(The Game ready driver version), The version of GE, so I downloaded that, I went all the way back on this very own thread to where I initially worked on this game and etc, my old technique for some reason, is not working at all, I even tried various other methods and the current drivers I am re-tuning this game with: Modified Quadro Drivers: 392.68, and none of them works, I was kinda shocked to why it did not, especially with the correct drivers I have used(416.30), doesn't matter now, my overall scaling right now is pretty good so no complains here(As of now that is).

And the other thing:

Those images I took, the 4 image within this post, within the OSD, sorry for not mentioning VRAM UTZ(Vram Utilization/Usage), Its under VRAM SPD(Vram Speeds), Totally caught me off guard.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE+RESHADE - EXTREME URGENT UPDATE - 11-16-21:

Something totally unexpected just happened today, before jumping on to the game, I notice it was doing some kind of a new update, mainly for FSR/RT and there is also an DX12 option but there is still the DX11 API(Which I need).

I tried doing the DX11 API version along with my custom made bits, and guess what, the scaling of the game is basically broken, only few areas seems to work, also, the filters within the game(Stock), does not seem to be the original feel, it is totally different, as well as missing textures, even though I know how to get them back, basically the version update for this game = X

No cause, soon as I launched the game, I notice a new splash screen says something like QLOC, I was like WTF is this?, next thing you know, I notice some of the loading screen, how everything was trimmed is totally different, then I went into the graphic option menu, I was like WTFH is all of this, I said oh no, don't tell me my custom made bits is not going to work worth jack, and I was right, It didn't work as expected, not even close.

However, that being said, I have managed to work myself through of this ordeal and manage to bypass the steam update, there is also ways within GOG version as well...

Before I continue on to this, I did managed to have the backup version that I am currently tuning(Thank the Heavens for it), please take a look at this link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/5zxn9d/how_to_skip_

What I did first is, First, Under Steam settings, click on the download tab, then under download restrictions, put in your time frame to prevent the game from being updated at only at a certain specific time frame, next, under your library, right click on your game, click on properties, under automatic updates, check where it says: Only update this game when I launch it, after that, check also where it says under: Background downloads: Never allow background downloads, soon as I download the game on steam, I pause the game, next, I uninstalled the game within steam, I then put the modified .ACF file within the Steamapps folder, next, I transferred my backup Hellblade game file from my Backup Drive to the Steam Common Folder, should be all set to go.

Also, if your having problems like I did, try uninstalling the game, soon as you are re-installing the game, pause the download, then modify the .ACF, don't just replace it, please do this while while steam is active, next delete the game files within the common folder, then transfer the backup Hellblade game files from your backup drive to the Common Folder within steam, then click on continue download, should be all set, took some time to figure this all out, and yes, I just recently went back on the game with reshade, everything is back to normal, Thank goodness for it, absolutely really SMH on this one, I was in total luck.

Extreme Serious Sli tuners out there: If anyone needs the Version 1.03 file for steam(The one I am using to tune with reshade), please let me know cause the newest version = Don't even think about it, I'll upload it due to this reason, I always keep backup game files for steam, mainly due to this reason and saves time to re-download all over again, again, even without reshade, the new patch version, the post processing(Stock) looks totally different, the original one was WAY better, but then again, I have the post processing within the engine.ini completely turned off as I am using reshade, even then, version 1.03 looks alot better.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - BALDUR'S GATE 3 - 1ST UPDATE + PERFORMANCE IMAGES - 11/18/21:

Sorry for all the delay in regards about this game, I present to you, 1st update while under Quad Sli operation...

1st of all, I had major problems with the newest patch (Patch #6), over the one I was using once before: Patch #5 (Build version: v4.1.1.1224125), Due to some issues with the flashing textures while within the game, after I went back to patch #5 with the version build I was using, I had no problems, although I remembered how I fixed the flashing textures, it was doing the same exact method as with my RE3 Remake resume technique, very similar how I did with some of my older games I have worked on, after I fixed it, I was like, I might need to go back to the newest patch to see if it will work or not, I am in the process of transferring my patch #6 files to steam so going to be a bit, I'll keep everyone posted if it works or not but as of right now until I revise this post, please only use Patch #5 (Build version: v4.1.1.1224125) until further notice, thank you.

Back to where I am at right now:

Like before, I am only in the beginning of the game and I have completely managed to keep all flashing under control.

How I did this, I'll go through the steps:

Load up your saved game, preferably all of your setting set to the very lowest, including your shadows, AO(Ambient Occlusion), etc, also, try to have your resolution lower then your desired resolution while doing my steps.

Next, while loading your saved game, pay absolutely close attn. to the load bar, how I do my technique: right when the bar gets in the middle, it will stay there just a second or two, right before it moves, do the following: ALT+CNTRL+DEL, then while on the blue screen within windows, click cancel quickly, then click on the game's icon on bottom of the windows task bar, also just heads up, if you move your cursor to the game's icon, right above it, you can see the actual in-game conditions where everything is at, with good timing, you should basically have everything under control, next, toggle your resolution to your desired playing resolution, for me, this will be 4k(2160p), then click on apply, from here we go to changing your actual in-game graphic quality settings but before you do this, first:

While your back on the game, there is extremely minute flashing anomaly, it is at this point, put all of your in-game quality set to max, including TAA (Seems to be working, just tad blur while moving, nothing serious), right after you click apply, do the following: CNTRL+ALT+DEL, click on cancel, click on the game's icon on the bottom of the task bar, once back on the game, go back to the actual game itself, you are all set to go my friends.

Although this is still extremely early, I also have some before and after images @ 4k(2160p) @ max settings, 1 GPU vs 4 GPU's, but first, lets go over my current working bits:

My Custom Made Bits(Alpha Stage/Highly Experimental/Tested on GTX 970 ONLY):

Ambient Occlusion Compatibility: Not being used

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: Currently not being used:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0017F5

Sli Copy Engine: Not being used:

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): Not being used.

Sli AA: Disabled

Rendering mode of choice: AFR_of_SFR(Hybrid/Combo).

Again, this was only tested in the very first area, I have not ventured anywhere besides this point, please be very strongly aware of this to people who are extremely and seriously tuning this game.

Here are some images:

1 GPU:

1 GPU.jpg

4 GPU's:

4 GPU's.jpg

As you can see, Excellent Scaling.

Just heads up, for those who are seriously tuning this game with similar setup as mine, I also notice a 1 fps drag within the same spot while under 1 gpu, so it can be 19 or 20 within the same spot shown above so I had to be careful while taking the snapshots of these, I don't want throw my readings away, but its within 1 fps tolerance, Quad Sli, I didn't see any.

As before, I'll edit this very own post and will give everyone heads up if I can do the texture removal technique with the newest patch, infact, it just now got finished transferring the files to steam, look for revision soon.

Also, I found this video, video says 2080ti, 4k @ Max Settings, video is kinda dark, and it seems it was recorded with a recording software, thus in the end, lower performance, so keep this in mind but should give a good idea when comparing to my Quad Sli tuning setup.

Keep in mind, that this 2080ti shown on this video is also not highly overclocked, but still should give everyone a rough idea.

I am also looking into reshade as well, I'll keep everyone posted, but initial glance of this game under Quad sli setup = Kicks your Royal Highnesses B@@TY.

EDIT ON 11/18/21:

In regards about the latest patch #6, I went back on it, as I originally expected, the texture themselves are alot harder to control, even if they are somewhat under control, the scaling is reduced, it will require alot of work, this is what I am going to do:

As this game constantly always being patched up, I will only tune this game with the Patch I am currently using: Patch #5 (Build Version: v4.1.1.1224125).

I will look into the final product, they are projected a next year's release, till then, I will only use this particular build for now, cause soon as they implement a certain patch, everything drastically changes on my end, so for this reason, I will not going to look back until the final release will be out(slated for 2022 release), until then, I will tune under this specific build only.

If you guys need this particular build I am using, here is one site you can download it from:

https://uptobox.com/joezv7gl3cu8 (Need GoG Galaxy Program). Also, If you want me to take down this link, please let me know, This is just for people who needs this particular build due to tuning situations, thanks.

Please support the game developers by buying the game, I already have mine on steam for quite some time, thanks.

See you all on the 1st update on: Doom3+Reshade+Redux Mod+Nvidia Inspector forced AA.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  12. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    Thats a little bit disappointing to hear because divinity boots up fine and scale perfect in quad sli no anomalies. I was only using basic compat bits as well i feel texture flashing is the hardest thing to control if the issue is present. I am very keen on this game though when it is finished i hate tuning games that are being being constantly updated.

13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - DOOM3+RESHADE+REDUX MOD v2.0(RC)+NVIDIA INSPECTOR FORCED AA - 1ST UPDATE + IMAGES - 11/21/21:

1st update for this game...

Before I being, extremely important, I have Tried BFG version of this game as well as Absolute HD mod + Sikmod(Even if all the settings are turned off), and none of them work while nvidia inspector forced AA is being injected and yes, the AA within nvidia inspector makes a huge spankin' difference, even @ 4k, it makes a world of difference.

Everything is looking pretty good thus far, and what was interesting about tuning this game, never mentioned this until now, no tuning of the bits in general was needed, just make sure you have SLI-AA on disable and you are all set to go, Although I did made some changes within nvidia inspector, alot of them were just placebo, very very minimal gains, the sucker is already hitting 4-Way Sli right off the back + along with very extreme reshade settings, its gonna take alot to gain just 1 fps.

Here are my current reshade filters(Shaders), and they could very well be final, will keep everyone posted:

Reshade Filters(Shaders) currently being used for this game:

Dpx
    Curves
    Bloom
    Hdr(fake hdr)
    Levels
    SSR
    Colorfulness
    Unreal lens
    Dehaze
    MXAO @ 16 Samples(Under pre-processor definitions: MXAO HQ: set to digit 1(ON)
    HQ4X
    Taa
    Delc_Sharpen
    Clarity

I have personally tried using RTGI, doesn't seem to work properly, SSR works on the other hand though, I have seen videos were RTGI + SSR were being used together, I tried using both just to see, RTGI doesn't even work for some reason or reasons.

EDIT ABOUT RTGI:

Just went through some forums within Steam in regards about this game + RTGI, during the initial installation of reshade, instead of choosing OGL, choose DX9 Api instead, going to gice this a try later.

EDIT:

In regards about the installation for this game through the use of Reshade: DX9 or DX10/DX11, both don't work, I also tried using an older version of reshade(4.3.0), which works perfectly with BDO(Black Desert Online), and in that game, I had to use an older version of Reshade and install it through DX9 in order for it to work, just for kicks, I tried to install it through Vulkan, both the newest version of reshade and old version, do not work, worth a try though.

I have also tried other filters(Shaders) to see how well it will scale, I have tried these and the scaling potential goes down, when comparing 1 Gpu vs 4 Gpu performance, just the overall scaling potential with these particular settings, I would not use them, and they are:

GloomAO
    Flair
    Adaptive Fog
    SSDO

Also, HBAO doesn't seem to work at all for some reason.

Again, to get 4-Way scaling for this game, you don't really need to miss with the bits, although I have made some adjustments with the AA flags for this game, seems to be working fine.

I am still kinda new in tuning OGL Bits in general, I have tried a bit, and it made no difference in the end really, next, within nvidia inspector, under 8 - Extra, the OGL tuning section, I tried tuning these, not all of them, it made no difference, very few were placebo but in the end, nah.

This is how my profile is looking now within nvidia inspector:

1 - Compatibility:

Ambient Occlusion Compatibility: 0x00000031 (Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2)

Anti-aliasing Compatibility: 0x004412C1 (Diablo III)

Anti-aliasing Compatibility (DX1x): 0x004412C1

Sli Compatibility Bits: 0x00000001

Sli Copy Engine: 0x00000004 FORCE_BASIC_MODEL - Force to run copy engine in basic model (default is basic prime).

2 - Sync & Refresh:

Frame Rate Limiter: 62 Fps(Doesn't have to be 59 Fps on a 60hz screen, 62 Fps works excellent, with excellent frame pacing control, If your using the above reshade shaders of which I am using right now, under no circumstances you shall play this game with the fps limiter being turned off, as you will experience Frame Pacing likere there was no tomorrow, moving backward and forward is fine, its the turning and such that is the problem, so make absolutely 100% sure the fps limiter is turned on, I would stay close to your monitor's refresh rate to be utmost safe, as this due to the absolute brutal reshade settings being used, absolutely no exceptions period.)

Frame Rate Limiter Mode: 0x00000010 PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_2_CONTROL_ALLOW_ALL_MAXWELL.

3 - Anti-aliasing:

Antialiasing behavior flags: 0x00100000 AA_BEHAVIOR_FLAGS_DISABLE_SLIAA.

Antialiasing mode+setting: 0x12400010 Override | 4x MSAA + 4x TrSSAA(Anything higher = Will not improve IQ(Image Quality)).

5 - Common:

CUDA - Force P2 State: OFF

6 - SLI:

Anti-Aliasing - SLI AA: DISABLED(You must have this setting disabled, otherwise, Quad Sli will be totally handicapped).

NVIDIA predefined # of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode: Set to the amount of GPU's you are currently using, if 3, set it to: THREE

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on Direct X10: AFR_of_SFR(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way or 3-way sli systems, leave it on autoselect).

Sli Rendering mode: AFR_of_SFR(For Quad Sli systems only, for 2-way or 3-way sli systems, leave it on autoselect

8 - Extra:

MCSFRLOADBALANCE: 0x28384382 Static - each GPU receives a equal amount of pixels to process.

OGL_APP_CONSTANT_OPTIMIZE: 0x00000001 Enabled - Optimize based on constant values

OGL_SYSMEM_TEXTURE_PROMOTION: 0x00000001 Enable - Textures being promoted from Sysmem to Vidmem.

OGL_THREAD_CONTROL_2: 0x00000008 (City Bus Simulator, Quake 4, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, Prey (2006), Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Doom 3 BFG, Dreamkiller, Doom 3, The Chronicles of Riddick)

Under Other:

High Level Control of the rendering quality on OpenGL: 0xFFFFFFF6 OGL_QUALITY_ENHANCEMENTS_HQUAL.

Finall, scroll down to the unknown ID settings, before you do, click on the magnifying glass on top of the program, then scroll all the way down to where you see the unknown ID settings and make the following changes below:

0x00854CAB (26 Profiles): 0x00000038 (Batman: Arkham Origins, Batman: Arkham City)

0x10AAA36C (90 Profiles): 0x00000001 (The Talos Principle, City Bus Simulator, Catzilla, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Hired Team, Krabbit World Labirinth, Vulcan, Rage, Brink, Time Machine, Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, ETc,Etc.

0x20F12335 (1 Profile): 0x00000001 (Doom 3 BFG)

Performance Section at a glance:

Also, something you all must be aware about while tuning this game in Sli in general.

It seems that within Msi Afterburner settings, under General Tab: Synchronize settings for similar graphic processors, if you enable this, all of your gpu's speeds will be completely out of whack, only this game to my knowledge does this, to bypass this, you have to uncheck the Synchronize settings for similar Gpu's, next, you have to fine tune your gpu speeds individually and check, not only that, while under Quad Sli operation, I notice that each gpu is hitting alot more Voltage to the Gpu Core themselves, similar if you run it under 1 GPU mode, by disabling sync feature, the voltage is basically running like 1 GPU mode(Full Voltage), I said mise will run it somewhat faster due to a much higher voltage, I only did it for this one time cause of the snapshots taken below, it is not for long term play.

I had to use an old but a goldie program: Fraps, as while taking a snapshot within Msi Afterburner program, it only takes pictures without reshade(Just the base game), I tried taking snapshot within Reshade, it can take the Reshade picture but the OSD within Msi Afterburner is missing, so I had no choice to use Fraps, works excellent, not only that, Picture compression through Jpeg is outstanding, excellent quality.

The Gpu Speeds shown below, it is absolute beyond insanity under Quad Sli operation, even under 1 gpu, it is blistering fast for this Gpu, make no mistakes about it.

Here some Static(Idle/No movement) Images:

1 GPU:

1 GPU - Beginning.jpg

4 GPU's:

4 GPU's - Beginning.jpg

More Snapshots:

1 GPU:

1 GPU - Alpha Sector 3.jpg

4 GPU's:

4 GPU's - Alpha Sector 3.jpg

Before and After Reshade Snapshots:

Before:

https://ibb.co/TgmbR5H

& After:

https://ibb.co/Xz8rpxk

Most certainly love how the Darkened areas looks, especially on the walls, the Gritty look, really brings it out, Those dark areas, man, Absolutely, Disgustingly Good, however everyone's taste will be different when it comes to Reshade.

Even without Reshade, a game that was released back in 2004, No doubt about it, Still looks incredible, for its time, it was incredibly advanced for its time, especially the lightning source, Game was WAY ahead for its time.

There will be some flashing anomalies while under Quad Operation while playing, alot of it is coming from reshade, if your going to be using my above mentioned reshade filters(Shaders), please do the following method:

Start the game, turn off reshade so things can speed up some, load Redux 2.0 (RC) Mod, next, load up your saved game, right when the loading bar gets full, turn on your reshade, you must activate reshade prior to jumping on the game, failure to do so, totally handicapped Quad Sli Operation performance, so soon as you get into the game, quickly hit ESC to get into the options menu, turn off your reshade completely, next get back to the game, turn on reshade, then do CNTRL+ALT+DEL, then click cancel on the blue screen, back to the games icon to get right back into the game,once back on, do it once more, then back on to the game, you should be all set, might take things to settle down a bit.

Need to re-edit the images, the Vram Spd and Utz is not showing up properly.

EDIT:

Just checked with GPU-z, Memory Speed says 1900.8, times by 4: 7603.2mhz(Effective memory speeds, so yes its reading properly, its the OSD within afterburner, going to re-install it, not the first time I had this problem, one time, I had the temps way off and it was not the gpu, it was the osd.

EDIT AGAIN:

Found out that was causing the very irregular readings of my Vram Speeds, under Power Management, within my custom profile for this game, it was set to optimal default, I switched it to Maximum Performance, Everything is all set, funny, didn't see any difference in performance, but even then, GPU-z shows correct readings while Afterburner did not, "IF" the power management is set to: Optimal Default.

EDIT ON GAMEPLAY:

Started the game from scratch(Beginning of the game), played for almost 2 hrs or so, Rock Hard Stable @ 1550mhz(Gpu Core), Excellent temps across over 4 Gpu's, Was hitting around mid 60c' on all gpu's, room temp: about 70 degrees farhenheit, Gpu Voltages were Very high to ensure smooth stability. Everything played very smoothly.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE + RESHADE - UPDATE ON FLASHING ANOMALIES IN CERTAIN AREAS = FIXED - 11/21/21:

Found some areas later in the game where you will be introduced with some flashing anomalies, mainly around torch lighted areas, I further went back to my engine.ini to see what I can do, I tried turning everything off completely, nope, it was an Sli thing in general, went back to the bits themselves, did some adjustments, I now have completely eliminated the flashing anomalies while keeping the same, pretty much the same overall scaling potential where I had it before, and yes, the flashing anomaly was present, without the use of reshade.

So for those who are seriously tuning this game and your stumbling into these areas with these torch lighted, flashing anomalies, also before I go on, it flashes, pretty much the whole screen give or take.

So without any further of due, Open up: Nvidia Inspector and make the adjustment(May subject to change in the future) Below:

Within Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x8D8AE7F5(For Quad Sli users only), For 2-Way: 0x0D8AE7F1 & for Tri-Sli: 0x0D8AE7F6

Everything else that was previously mentioned within Nvidia Inspector from the 1st update given earlier, leave it unchanged.

Again, please only use the above adjustments in these specific areas, as you will have decreased overall scaling potential in other areas, so make sure you do it in these troublesome areas, thanks.

Going through all the save files from that download, gone through quite a bit, checking more areas, more update to surely come, but currently so far in the areas that I checked, Very good to Excellent Scaling.

15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE + RESHADE - A MUCH DEEPER LOOK ON THE CAUSE OF SCREEN FLASHING - 12/22/21:

A much deeper look on what was causing the Screen Flashing issue.

On my previous post, I started there is a change that has to be made within the Sli Compatibility DX(DX10+DX11) Bits in order to control the flashing under control.

And just very recently, I went back to the earlier areas of the game that was not causing the screen flashing issue while using the my custom made/original Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits, now it is causing it, I was like, this is kinda strange, it wasn't doing it before, why now, I also checked other areas, nope, Despite my Flashing removal technique when loading the saved file, I did a Much deeper look into this.

First I thought it has to do with the initial install of reshade in general = nope, Something within reshade being used upon starting up the game? Nope, something within the custom made engine.file? Yes, but this is where things gets really interesting:

I actually pin pointed out the exact problem and whats extremely interesting is this: Reverse Psychology:

The cause of the issue:

r.AmbientOcclusionLevels

If it set to =1, the screen will no longer flash, however if you completely disable it: =0, it will now start to flash like mad crazy, no matter how accurate timing is while doing my flashing removal technique while loading up the game.

Here is the most strangest part about it, I kept toying with this particular parameter:

r.AmbientOcclusionLevels

As before, switched to =1, Start up the game, load saved game, exit out the game then switch the parameter back to =0(Disabled), and guess what happens this time? The screen will no longer flash, and yes, there is some slight decreased performance if set to =1 as this will enable it, but there are other parameters to help keep it from being used, only helps so much.

So this is what I would do in my own personal opinion:

If are not having an issue while the parameter is set to =0, then don't fiddle around with it, if you do, switch it to =1 then back to =0, if you are still having problems, I would switch it back to =1 and I would leave it there, and if you are still having problems from this point, change your Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00000<<~~ 5th hex down, set to letter: E, this should completely resolve the issue but in turn, kinda slight decrease in scaling performance(Depending of the location of the game).

EDIT:

More investigation into this issue:

It seems setting the parameter(r.AmbientOcclusionLevels), =1 and back to =0 in later areas, this technique does not work, you have to change the Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00000<<~~ 5th hex down to letter: E, this will correct it, I went back to earlier areas, to see if it got re-infected, the flashing problem, nope(While setting: r.AmbientOcclusionLevels to =0 & while using the original Bits: Sli Compatiliby (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00000<<~~ 5th hex down, when set to digit: 9).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - HELLBLADE + RESHADE - MORE ON SCREEN FLASHING ANOMALY + REVISED ENGINE.INI & Etc. - UPDATE - 12/24/21:

Did quite a bit more changes earlier.

I have managed to up the scaling performance a bit in certain specific areas where screen flashing anomaly is an issue, as on my previous post, I have found ways to help control these screen flashing, speaking about screen flashing, lets go back a bit:

To really keep everything at bay, two things here that needs to be changed:

One is within engine.ini:

r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1

&

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00000<<~~ 5th hex down, set to letter: E.

If both of these are used in conjuction, yes, it will pretty much put all the screen flashing problems at bay but as before, by turning on the: r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1, in turn, you will experience overall scaling reduction, so I was trying to find ways while this particular parameters is set to: =0.

Before going any further more into this, Even though you set the 5th hex down to Letter: E, that doesn't mean all the flashing will go away, that's only certain specific things in the background will stop flashing, some will continue to keep flashing, alot of it is the timing on my Resume load technique in hopes to get rid of all the flashing, alot of this plays a major role here but in turn, the flashing is still present in specific areas, it is within these specific areas, I have now managed to keep everything under control + while scaling is Top Dog...

I did lots of work earlier figuring this one out.

First of all, there are 2 things that needs to be updated within nvidia inspector, so please open up that program and make 2 changes below:

Within 8 - Extra:

CULL_BEFORE_FETCH: 0x00000007 Always.

The above parameter, this will help keep the screen flashing anomalies more at bay, and there is another parameter that we must turn on, that one is:

MCLINKINSTANCEDLIMIT 0x00000064 Default - Threshold in megabytes for using of RT/ZB allocations as LinkInstanced (SLI DX9/10).

This one here helps control the screen flashing anomalies at bay while changing your resolution to a higher one as previously mentioned before, right before you jump on the game, you "Must" have a lower resolution set prior to loading your game, and you also "Must" do my Resume load technique, it is at this point, if the desired resolution is for example: 4k(2160), we will go to the in-game graphic settings, set the resolution to 4k(2160), and all the settings to low(With the exception of Effect Settings: Set to Very High), click on apply, next, lower your effect settings to low, click apply, then change your settings to your desired settings that you want to play with, and you are all set to go.

Yes, you need to start the game from a lower resolution then to a higher desired playing resolution(While within the game) and all the other methods explained above, failure to do this will result a reduction of your overall scaling potential, so this is extremely important, on top of that, you might want to toggle your Reshade settings, each one(off and back on), this will further help with your overall scaling potential just a tad.

Failure to use: MCLINKINSTANCEDLIMIT, when changing your resolution, will result: flashing anomaly within the background(Not the whole entire screen, certain section within the environment, alot of it depends on the weather in the game as well).

On top of that, The engine.ini has been drastically changed from my original one from earlier, as the ones I took out, these are the parameters that was enhancing the flashing anomaly effect from being utmost stubborn, but the engine.ini has been revised along with my Sli Compatiblity (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D8AE7F5(For Quad Sli users only), For 2-Way: 0x0D8AE7F1 & for Tri-Sli: 0x0D8AE7F6.

Revised Engine.ini:

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
    r.EnableAsyncComputeTranslucencyLightingVolumeClear=1
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
    r.AmbientOcclusionSampleSetQuality=0
    r.AlsoUseSphereForFrustumCull=1
    r.MultithreadedShadowmapEncode=1
    r.DrawRectangleOptimization=1
    r.TriangleOrderOptimization=1
    r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
    r.AmbientOcclusion.Compute=1
    r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=0
    r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.Cache.UpdateEveryFrame=1
    FX.AllowGPUSorting=1
    r.VirtualTexture=1
    r.HZBOcclusion=1
    r.EarlyZPass=2
    r.SSR.Quality=3
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
    r.TonemapperQuality=0
    r.VolumetricFog=0
    r.TrueSkyQuality=0

[SystemSettings]
    r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
    r.MaxAnisotropy=16
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0

Please do "NOT" change or add anything as one very minute change to the above parameters will result a drastic effect on your overall scaling potential, so be extremely careful on what you take out or change, these have been very carefully fine tuned.

If anything within the engine.ini needs to be revised, I will update this post.

Also, You can still use the digit 9 within: Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00000<<~~ 5th hex down, but you will experience some flashing within the background, not to bad, but I would only use: Letter E for the above situation, only use the digit E within 5th hex down of this particular bits in these specific areas where you all have flashing problems, all other areas: Set to digit 9(For now/Subject to change).

I am trying to make the engine.ini universal for all areas in the game, check often for more updates.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 2 NEW DRIVERS INITIAL TRYOUT - DRIVERS: 472.50(TESLA) & ANOTHER 472.xx VARIANT - UPDATE - 12/25/21:

Just tried out two specific drivers that I was curious about:

1st one was the Branch 472.xx, I don't remember the xx part, All I do know it was the last drivers before going to DCH in which I can not use, those are for newer win 10x64 builds then I am currently using, and yes, those drivers = X.

Another drivers I just now recently tried out: 472.50(Tesla) Standard drivers, I was going to try my #1 Quad Sli testing game of choice: ROTR(Rise of Tomb Raider) but, I just noticed that the game was undergoing an update, mainly for DLSS,etc, I was like, oh no, not again, just like with Baldurs Gate 3, soon as I jumped on the game with these drivers, and as expected, scaling was totally handicapped, next, I tried the games I am currently working on:

1st I'll go over with Hellblade:

Scaling seems to work just as good as the 392.68 Quadro drivers, it seems the graphic anomalies are somewhat more stable but it is less stable, especially when changing your resolution,etc, you may or may not have to restart your system due to the hang that it may occur, but nontheless, 4-Way Sli is indeed working with this game with the 472.50(Tesla) drivers, and yes, there could be a chance you might get that purple screen flashing when changing your resolution, this anomaly is extremely common on while I was testing on later win 10x64 builds with the 392.xx drivers, would be interesting to see how the 472.50 react with the newer win 10 builds, if anyone has tried them out, please let me know, thanks.

I jumped on the other two games that I am currently working on as well, and those are:

Baldur's Gate 3 & Doom 3+Reshade, and both games at the initial startup of the game, there are some nasty/color flashing anomaly, but in doom 3's case, soon as I get into the game, it is fine, the scaling potential is basically on par with the 392.68 drivers, the 392.68 drivers might perform 1 or 2 fps more, give or take, but yes, on par far as performance is concerned.

Next comes to Baldur's Gate 3, this game also introduces the nasty/color flashing anomaly upon start up, and you have to do my resume load technique in order to get rid of the texture flashing anomalies, soon as I did this method prior to game play, the game hanged, had to wait for a bit naturally so I can restart the system.

Also, I thought that the new patch that they did with ROTR, thought it would nail the Quad Scaling performance, I then reverted back to Quadro Drivers: 392.68, and to my amazement, ROTR scaled as it should be, as in no problems, so it was the 472.50(Tesla) Drivers, I really thought it was the patch that was causing it.

Usually, if it doesn't scale well with ROTR on my end, all the other games that I worked on = X, I guess this one is different with these drivers, Very interesting, I would most certainly want to give these drivers a try on the later win 10 x64 builds and see how it will react then, I have a hunch, these will work.

Speaking of which, Kozary, if your reading this, which Win 10x64 your using now if I don't mind asking, thanks.

18. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    win10 pro
    version 1909
    build 18363.1556

nv driver 445.75. Have not changed from this driver since i started using it used to use 436.xx prior. Main reason being is that any drivers newer then that have no support for 4k 120hz hdmi, looking through nvidia forums its a common issue but couldn't see any fixes other then to use older drivers.

Quadro drivers do not work at all even following the steps you provided maybe because of my win10 version/build.

19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Right now, giving: 19044.1228(21h2) a try.

I also tried using the Cuda 510.06 drivers with ROTR + my custom made bits, it seems it wants to scale but there is a cutoff point. Going to try out the games I am currently working on and see how its going, if that doesn't work, I'll look into the 472.50(Tesla) one and see how it will react with this windows build I am now using, if that doesn't work, I'll just revert back to Quadro Drivers: 392.68, if worse comes to worse, go back to my trusty: 15063.2196 version as 4-Way Sli has never given me issues.

The problem I am having now, is halting all these nasty updates within steam, I mean there is ways to block it but it is downright crazy, even if you have backups with these games, I have GOG versions of these games as these Steam games and their updates is downright crazy to deal with, Sucks you can't just block all the updates and let it slide. I have looked this stuff up, at times it works, but if it does not, have to transfer all those game files again from the backup HDD.

In any rate, I'll give more updates on this particular windows build I am using now, later.

EDIT:

Kozary or anyone for that matter, the Activate windows watermark, on the bottom right, normally when I go into exclusive full-screen mode, this usually disappears while I am on the 15063 build, but for some reason, the watermark is still there, this is usually a strong indication that the program is running within borderless-fullscreen mode, I just ran baldur's gate 3 with my custom made bits, everything looks good but I notice the smoothness of the game is no where near as it was on the other windows bulld that I normally use, The frame rate was defin't there but no where near as smooth, perhaps could be the driver, as before, I'll give some of these drivers a try, I was extremely curious about these drivers in the first place with this particular windows build, good thing I gave it a try.

EDIT AGAIN:

Found out how to bypass it, have to go under properties and check where it says: Disable full-screen optimizations.

Everything fine, went back on to ROTR, the Frame-rate was most defin't there but it was not running no where as smooth as it was on the quadro 392.6x drivers, not even close, I have to go back to those drivers on this particular version of windows, could be the drivers or both.

Also, anything above your native resolution(If set through custom resolution), the screen will produce flashing purple like color, an anomaly which is very common on my side when using latest version of window builds, I tried doing it through DSR instead, as expected, it works perfectly, but here's another thing, while changing your resolution and such, like Baldur's gate 3, your game could hang for like couple of mins or two(Possible black screen) before it will come back to normal, again, all this was worth it to me so I know what to expect on these windows builds + the graphic drivers, but seems on certain given situations, it is alot more sensitive.

Again, the driver in question that I am using now: Cuda 510.06 drivers, absolutely worth a try on my side.

EDIT ON HELLBLADE:

I tried to disable full-screen optimizations in hopes to get True Full-Screen, and wow, Nope, the darn watermark on the bottom right is still there, absolute strong indication that Exclusive full-screen is not working.

This is quite sad that an windows build of this particular version, that full-screen does not work right off the back and have to go under properties and change it from there, even then, it does not work, Build version: 15063 has non of those issues, nor the purple flashing issue while using Sli, above your native resolution, again, all this was worth a try on my side so I know what to expect if I ever, really decide to change anything, not only that, to give update to everyone on what to expect on a tuning rig such as this, :).

I'll make a new post in regards about the new windows build I am using and my experience on it under Quad Sli compared to the version I always use: 15063, the way its looking now, there is absolutely no competition.

I did found this however, even though it was for win 11:

https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsins...windows_11_games_and_apps_fullscreen_problem/

On my end, it was automatically set to off.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - WIN 10X64 - 19044.1299(21H2) TRYOUT + GRAPHIC DRIVER TESTING - UPDATE - 11/26/21:

Well, here it is, my own personal experience with this build along with 3 personally tested Graphic Drivers and they are:

510.06(Cuda/Quadro) Drivers
    472.50(Tesla) Drivers
    392.68(Quadro) Drivers

First lets go over drivers: 510.06

I only tried several games here:

Lets try my personal favorite of mine when it comes to new Os Build + or Graphic Drivers testing, none other then ROTR or aka Rise of the Tomb Raider...

First of all, with these drivers, anything higher then your native resolution, your going to have major screen flashing problems(With the exception of the Quadro: 392.6x drivers), mainly purple or other anomalies, and the only way to get rid of it is to use nvidia's own DSR to bypass it, I tried using DSR, Graphic stabilization is now under 100% control, even though the frame rate was up there, it was running to sluggish, not recommended.

Next, I tried Doom 3 + Reshade, at the initial startup, there will be an incoming of major host of flashing anomalies, all flashing in a rainbow like fashion, however, soon as you get into the game, it seems stable, scaling seems good but not quite as good as on 15063(RS2) Build, but Quad Sli is working with this game.

I tried Baldur's Gate 3, Quite impressed here, it seems to be working, the only time you will get a hang, along with the black screen(Might take several mins to calm down), is when you do my resume loading technique, a technique which I made on my own from long time ago from other games, that right during you load your saved game, you interrupt with a CNTRL+ALT+DEL, then after a bit, go back on the game to see if you can stabilize the flashing textures,etc, and with this game along with these drivers and this particular OS build, at a initial glance, everything seems to be working just as good as the 15063 build, Everything seems smooth from what I can tell, but as before, I am still very early of tuning this game in general but initial glance, very impressed.

Next comes Hellblade+Reshade:

This game, no matter what you do, its always stuck on borderless-fullscreen mode, thus = drastically weakens your overall scaling, it MUST be in True Fullscreen, not the other crap..

The only driver that right after the UE4 logo, and got a hang then crashed was drivers: 392.68, quite stunned to see this happened.

Next, I tried the 472.50 Tesla Drivers, ROTR seems to be running at full speed but to much graphical anomalies, even with DSR mode, absolutely not recommended.

And doom 3 = Forget about it, scaling = X.

Hellblade, still stuck on crappy Borderless-fullscreen mode, so no good, I can get into the game but scaling is not quite really kicking in due to the not being able to do true fullscreen mode, I found ways in hopes to run the game in true fullscreen mode, nope, absolutely not recommended.

And Finally, Quadro Drivers 392.68.

ROTR ran beautifully, just like on 15063, from what I can tell, everything is running the same fashion as on the 15063, as well as the overall scaling performance is concerned.

Doom3+Reshade, for some odd reason, My fps is higher on this build.

If you look back on my doom3+reshade snap shot, the beginning of the game, it says 59 fps, on this particular windows build, it from 59 fps to 62-63 fps, that is pretty huge as I am using absolute brutal reshade settings.

Hellblade = I could not get passed the UE4 logo, it resulted in a black screen, followed with a crash.

I have not tested other games with this particular windows mode but 1st impression so far = Build 15063 Absolutely runs circles over this, when it comes to graphic stabilization control, overall sensitivity and scaling performance, it is absolutely light and day difference, so for those who's really seriously looking into doing some real hardcore sli tuning in general, you might want to look at a much earlier build, granted, most of my focus is Quad Sli and not 2-way or tri-sli for that matter, but in the end, my personal opinion, win 10x64 RS2(15063.V1703), there is absolutely no comparison between the two, Absolute staggering differences between the two.

All in all, it was absolutely worth a try on my end and share my experiences on it.

There might be other games that I personally tuned that may work or may not work with this build, in the end, I would highly advised going against with this build, "IF" your doing some very serious Sli tuning.

See you all back on15063 and back to my 3 games I am currently tuning, look for more updated on Baldur's Gate 3.

Build 15063 = Absolute Charm.

EDIT:

Just heads up, on my last monitor: Yamakasi Sparta 301(1600p) Monitor, under Quad Sli, while using DSR mode, anything higher then my Native resolution, screen will flash like absolute mad crazy, the only way around it is to use custom resolution but it can only take you so far, in this case, about 4.4k was the max I can take that monitor.

Now, after I got this Dell's, Ultrasharp 1600p monitor, DSR works absolutely fantastic while playing above native resolution, so please be absolutely strongly aware of this, monitor here plays a big factor, that being said, my old Yamakasi 1600p monitor, it had problems to begin with so that could be a factor, every now and then it would act up, but I know how to get around it, so this could be a culprit, not to sure, but just heads up on it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    Kozary likes this.