Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    4-WAY SLI - GTX 970 - CRITICAL SYSTEM UPDATE #2 - 11/17/20:

4-Way Sli was tested on my personal game of choice: Rise of Tomb Raider:

Played for good 30+ mins.

Used my current up to date custom bits, Checked performance and overall temps, 4-way sli scaling is working perfectly, performance wise is about the same as it was before, Excellent Scaling and overall temps are well within range.

4-way sli is back operational, stay tuned for updates on current working games, thank you.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 11/17/20:

Back on hellpoint...

Current Stats thus far and certain things that people must be aware of while tuning this game from 3-way sli or higher:

As before, within 3-way/4-way sli mode, you MUST have the game at Exclusive fullscreen mode prior to launching the game, otherwise, BSOD right off the back.

Also, as before, when exiting out the game, NEVER do it from the title screen as the game will completely hang on you and a complete hard reset is needed, always do CNTRL+ALT+DEL then sign off, works everytime, until I find a workaround, please use this method(Pertains only to 3-way/4-way sli modes).

Very very important, that, once you sign off the game from doing 3-way/4-way sli, start the game on 1 gpu mode as when you trying to launch the game, the game will be in windows mode and a BSOD will appear out of nowhere, so very important, after signing off, do 1 gpu mode, once in windows mode, do ALT+ENTER to get into full-screen mode, then just hit ALT, on bottom of the task bar, right click on Hellpoint Icon, exit out the game, then start the game on whatever you are tuning under, This bypasses the intro videos much more faster & you MUST follow this protocol every time to prevent a BSOD while operating under 3-way/4-way sli mode.

Other then that, Current stats thus far:

I am very hard at work, getting rid of the massive hitching like effect, pertain to 2-way to 4-way sli, regardless of graphic quality settings and or resolution setting, doesn't matter, so currently very hard at work.

Also, as before, when facing certain directions, there seems to be a decrease in overall scaling performance and or stepping on certain platform within the game, so currently hard at work improving overall scaling performance on these issues.

Overall, when the game does scale, scales like absolutely no tomorrow.

Please have shadows completely off as it will decrease overall scaling performance.

Motion Blur, MUST be turned off as the charc will appear completely blurred up, just like the game EOE(Edge of Eternity).

Far as AA is concerned, As with other games with TAA, there seems to be shaky like effect when operating under 2-way and 4-way sli modes, 3-way sli looks the absolute cleanest but leaves LSD smear like blur while moving the camera, but really the blur ain't that bad but it is the cleanest out of the bunch, the TAA is infact working in other sli modes.

Always continue to check back on the latest updates in regards about this game.

EDIT:

Very important, if you all experienced: Garbled pictures upon loading up the game under sli in general, this means that your drivers are corrupted, please re-install your graphic drivers, all good to go.

Again, if protocols are not met with this game with utmost strictness, you might experience this garbled images upon starting up the game, and a full re-install of your nvidia drivers will be needed, so just heads up on it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE ON SCALING ISSUES - 11/17/20:

In the beginning of the game, the first room you go into, soon as you touch this platform with your feet, your overall scaling potential, drastically goes down, I have found a way to really beef the scaling within this area, infact, I can confirm, 4-way sli performance is indeed working in this area.

Open up your nvidia inspector program, under Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x):

0x00000000<<~~ Switch to the digit 9.

Also, while your at it, change your Sli Copy Engine to:

0x00000008 IGNORE_MIN_CE_TRANSFER_SIZE - Ignore d3dreg key MIN_CE_TRANSFER_SIZE and allow all transfer sizes by CE.

My Current working Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits are as follows:

0x8B00E5F5

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: Currently not being used.

Again, scaling is rather excellent, its just while turning your camera around, the hitching is absolutely crazy, if you look up a little bit and move camera around = no problems, or if you start a new game, right in the beginning, the hitching is basically non existent.

Again, the hitching also pertains to 2-way sli, No matter the resolution or the graphic quality settings = same results, so currently hard at work trying to eliminate the hitching issue.

There are other places in the game, when facing under specific directional view, scaling goes down, so working on these situations as we speak.

4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE ON HITCHING/FRAME SKIPPING - 11/17/20:

Found a small solution to this extremely stubborn problem:

First before going any further, open up your nvidia inspector program:

Under 1 - Compatibility:

Do the following changes below:

Frame Rate Limiter Mode: 0x00000010 PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_2_CONTROL_ALLOW_ALL_MAXWELL.

Vertical Sync Tear Control: Adaptive.

When your in the game, while rotating your camera, you want to do it slowly to prevent hitching/frame skipping, although you most certainly well, you all might want to decrease your mouse sensitivity while your at it.

I found the best solution for now is to turn on vsync and limit your fps to low as 45.

I have tried 4-way sli with no Vsync turned on, although my technique works but still needs alot of work.

This also pertains to 2-way sli as well.

So again, currently hard at work trying to deal with this issue.

So for now, try rotating your camera slowly while your at it, it seems to work alot better but it will still be there.

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    CATZILLA BENCHMARK(4K EDITION) - REVISITED - FINAL PERFORMANCE SCORES - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 11/18/20:

Just went back to this benchmark, been quite sometime since I been on it last.

Old benchmark but still holds its own.

My Current Scores Under 4k Preset(4096x2160 Resolution),

Gpu Core: 1575///Mem Spd: 7,560mhz(Effective)

RESULTS ARE AS FOLLLOWS:

1 GPU: 4076

2 GPU's: 7917

3 GPU's: 11739

4 GPU's: AFR of SFR(Hybrid/Combo): 15575

ADDED BONUS:

4 GPU's: SFR Rendering Mode: 15610

The Physx test on my side, didn't ran quite well for some reason.

Anyone who is interested in the leadership board, have a look: Scroll Down to my Guru3D user's name.

Link:

https://www.catzilla.com/toplist?pa...multi=all&ven=n&ctype=all&manual=&submit=Show

Far as the top 20, SINGLE GPU(All Vendor's) list, here they are:

https://www.catzilla.com/toplist?pa...multi=s&ven=all&ctype=all&manual=&submit=Show

EDIT: For some reason, on their site, in order to view certain drop list properly, such as single or multiple gpu's, Vendors,etc, You have to be logged in, otherwise it will show All Vendors, All type's of configurations.

Speaking about benchmarks in general, I will be going back to those later. Thank you.

As for everyone's curiosity, I can only find one video on youtube that was running this benchmark with a single 2080ti, his score would be higher as recording while playing/doing benchmark = reduces performance, so keep that into consideration, here's the video:

Single 2080ti(VIDEO, NOT MINE):

Just to let everyone know, the final test(RAYMARCH) on this video, Guy ran 29-31 fps, I was running about 40 or slightly higher on 4-way sli mode.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    UNIGINE HEAVEN 4.0 REVISTED - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - FINAL SCORES - 11/19/20:

Went back to Unigine Heaven 4.0, been a long time since I was on this program...

Test Configurations:

results are as follows:

API: DX11, Quality: Ultra, Tessellation: Extreme, AA X8, Resolution @ 3840x2160p(4K).

Results are as follows:

1 Gpu: 357

2 Gpu's: 690

3 Gpu's: 1025

4 Gpu's: 1251

Next bench will be FIRESTRIKE(Revisted), look for it later, thanks.

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    3DMARK - FIRESTRIKE + SKYDIVER RESULTS - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 11/20/20:

A program that I haven't used in a long time.

Out of curiosity, I personally conducted my own testing.

I did both Extreme & Ultra test runs.

I also did, Skydiver @ 2160p, with Max available settings, but for Skydiver's sake, the results will not show up properly as its through custom run, I do have some images for it though...

First lets go over Firestrike Extreme:

Please disregard my cpu, its really E5 2670, for some reason, it did not record it properly, everything else is spot on.

Also If you look on the results on 1 gpu mode, please disregard where it says gpu's: 4

I disabled the others and still showing 4 under final results, so please disregard it, thank you.

Here are the links:

Under Extreme mode:

1 GPU:

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/24067110

4 GPU's:

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/24067257

Under Ultra Mode:

1 GPU:

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/24067075

4 GPU'S:

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/24066842

A snapshot, Ultra mode, 4-way sli:

[​IMG]

If you look on the results on 1 gpu mode, please disregard where it says gpu's: 4

I disabled the others and still showing 4 under final results, so please disregard it, thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SkyDiver Results(@ 2160p/Max Available Settings):

1 GPU:

[​IMG]

4 GPU's:

[​IMG]

Hope you all like it, thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    UNIGINE - BENCHMARKS GALORE - REVISITED - Part # 1 - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 11/20/20:

Revisited some Unigine Benchmarks that people might be still interested in:

Unigine benchmark tested, are:

Superposition

Tropics

Sanctuary

I had some scaling issues with Valley, certain scenes, even with 1 gpu, gpu usages bounces a bit, Whats funny about scene #5, when the camera is zooming in, in the beginning of this scene, the scaling goes ALL the way down, even under 1 gpu mode, whats very interesting is that, when I go to free camera mode, Just sitting idle or whatnot, scaling goes way up, certain areas, scaling is excellent, certain places, nah. Valley, out of all the unigine benchmarks, it doesn't keep its overall scaling consistency compared to the others, so for this reason, it has been taken out, but if anyone who is interested, scaling under 4 way is basically 3-way sli.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tropics and Sanctuary are rather old but still works.

Lets start with the 1 test:

Sanctuary, @ 4k(2160p), Everything is turned on and set to max including AA(x8), EXCEPT for DOF/HDR:

Results are as follows:

1 GPU:

[​IMG]

4 GPU'S:

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unigine: Tropics, @ 2160p, Everything set to Maximum, Including AA(x8),

Results are as follows:

1 GPU:

[​IMG]

4 GPU'S:

[​IMG]

Check part #2(Next Post) for the one everyone is curios about: Unigine SuperPosition

Attached Files:

9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    UNIGINE - BENCHMARKS GALORE - REVISITED - Part #2 - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 11/20/20:

Please scroll up for part #1 before continuing on to this post, thanks.

And the one that everyone is probably curious about: Unigine SuperPosition

Unigine: SuperPosition, tested @ both 1080p(Extreme Mode), @ 4k(Custom)

I had to do custom settings within 4k, as 4k optimized was not putting enough load to all 4 gpu's in certain scenes, had no choice, try to do some quick bit tuning, no can do.

And the final results are as follows:

1 GPU(1080p Extreme):

[​IMG]

4 GPU's(1080p Extreme):

[​IMG]

1 GPU(4K/Custom):

[​IMG]

4 GPU's(4k/Custom):

[​IMG]

Hope you all like it.

Attached Files:

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - CURRENT SITUATION - 11/20/20:

Just to let everyone know, If I can not remove the tremendous frame pacing/skipping situation that pertains to 2-way sli to 4-way sli, in several more days tops, Going to put it on hold and put more focus on RE3 remake instead, again, the scaling is absolutely there, but far as frame skipping is concerned, it is real bad, the way its looking now, pointless to do a complete performance testing, until or at least most of the hitching is gone, again, game such as, the massive frame skipping speaking, even in 2-way sli, extremely rare to come across, this is got to be the worst I have ever seen, probably next to Phoenix Point to some degree, but that game had other problems.

I'll see what I can do to remove it, if I can not do it in 3 days or so, game is on hold.

Edit:

Certain Spots in this game and certain directional view, gpu usage goes way down.

I can beef it up a little bit by upping the resolution to the max I can take it with these cards and monitor: 4434x2771, but even then, it won't cut it.

Furthermore, in regards about AA, TAA in certain spots in this game, there seems to be a drastic performance reduction, best to keep it on SMAA until further notice.

Only thing bad about this game is that, I can not change any of the graphic quality settings while playing the game, only thing I can change is gamma/lights, that is it, just like EOE(Edge of Eternity), bummer.

Again, I'll see what I can do, but quite frankly, this game doesn't need 4 970's really, I think, 2 is more then enough for this game.

I will still do my final conclusion, with or without the 4th card.

EDIT #2:

Certain sections of this game, the massive hitching is non existent, although it is there, its no where near as bad as certain portions of the game, the crazy one is right in the beginning of the game, right before you enter the first opening area, if you move your camera around, it is downright insane, the other areas are much better in this situation.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020

11. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    Keen as all hell to try out mortal shell when im done with some other games. Good work.

Anyway i think i may have posted this earlier but on 980ti SLI if i go above 4k, say 5k res i get the exact same hitching because my vram maxxes out. I think the 970s just may not have enough memory to run the game at any meaningful resolution but it does run very well in 4k for me in 2 and 3 way. You may find bits to tweak around that memory limitation I managed to do so in other games like MHW for example.

12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Again, the Hitching pertains to 2-way sli to 4-way sli, regardless of resolution and or settings.

I can have all the graphic settings to off/min and resolution set so low, it will still do the same thing.

Again, majority of the massive hitching/frame skipping is right in the beginning, right before and shortly after you enter the first room, all the other areas, not to bad but still there, but right in the beginning, man is it real bad.

Again, Hitching symptoms might arise depending on the game when sli mode is turned on, regardless of resolution being set or its quality settings.

Not only that, Alot of it is Nvidia Inspector bit tuning, Just speaking in general.

One thing I love working with UE4 based games, I can tune the engine.ini, right down to the nitty gritty, whereas, unity engine based games, I don't have that option, not even close, so if I find an anomaly of some sort, I can further track it down by tuning the engine.ini, so much to do there.

Again, unity engine, I have had excellent and - results from it. Edge of Eternity is one example, beginning portions of the game = magnificent scaling, at some portions of the game, tide turns the other way around, and I can not go down to absolute nitty gritty like I can do with UE4 engine.ini tuning, absolutely not even close, Ghost of a Tale(Unity Engine based), that game scales Like there was absolutely no tomorrow.

Take for example, the UE4 based games I have worked on:

Mechwarrior V, Mortal Shell, Echo

To name a few, look at the end results, even though it was complete utter hell on Mortal Shell's end, thought never could be possible under 4-way sli, results = 4-Way Scaling 100% officially working on all of those titles I have personally worked on.

UE4 based games will give me significantly more tuning versatility then unity engine, or other engines for that matter, but this also translates vastly more tuning time involved, for me, no problem, its my job to get the games to scale to its absolute best of its ability, no matter how long it takes, I don't play games really at all, Everything is tuning, once your into this, its really one or the other, I rather chose tuning any second of the day.

Once your really, seriously into 4-way sli tuning, you won't be playing games at all really, nope, your main focus and complete 100% dedication is to get the game to scale with absolute less anomalies as possible, that is your main focus, everything else is basically = not interested.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - PRELUDE TO FINAL CONCLUSION - 11/24/20:

Going to do final reports for this game.

I have tried other areas as well, beside the beginning portion of the game, other areas @ 4434x2771, shows excellent scaling results, some hitching here and there, yes, very annoying but I can not get rid of them as I said once before, regardless of what resolution and or settings I am using, did lots of bit tuning, I can not get rid of it.

Just another heads up to all, I tried beefing this game up to 5120x3200(5k/dsr), now it starting show excellent scaling in somewhat low usage areas, I had no choice to beef up the resolution a bit to make better use to the 4 gpu's, at the same time, above native resolution while under dsr mode, massive flashing, can not get rid of it, only way to do is through custom resolution, which on my side: 4434x2771(MAX).

Also, I have to deal with the massive flashing while doing my final conclusion as anything above my native resolution(1600p), the screen will flash like there is no tomorrow and there is nothing in the world can stabilize it, the only way, as stated before, I have to use custom resolution for anything then native resolution under 4-way sli to keep the massive flashing at bay. I don't think 2-way sli has this problem, never had a problem with my last 2 1080ti's while doing dsr above resolution, so I can only comment under 4-way sli using dsr, anything above native while using dsr = massive flashing while playing, custom resolution above native = no problems but can only go to 4434x2771 on my monitor, had to use these high resolutions to put more load to the gpu's.

So I might in the beginning areas, use 5120x3200 in order for the gpu usage to be up to par, I would then have to reduce the texture quality of course due to my vram.

In any case, Atmosphere in this game is very different from the game: Mortal Shell.

Very different actually, Like both designs alot.

Here is a Prelude video, warming up to the final conclusion(VIDEO NOT MINE):

Stay tuned for results, as working on performance testing very soon.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Kozary likes this.
  14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - BREAKING NEWS - SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN SCALING WHILE USING TAA. - 11/26/20:

This is like a last minute, breaking news update in regards about significant scaling performance while using TAA...

Very very very very interesting, first, open up your nvidia inspector program:

Next, go under 1 - compatibility, make the following changes below:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000200

Please keep in mind that this only pertains to while using TAA, if using SMAA, switch the hex to the digit: 8.

Just for future reference here, I never, ever use the digit 2 within that particular hex, Usually doesn't do anything in other games, so just heads up on it.

TAA scales best under 3-way sli mode, it does scale up to 4-way sli depending on location/directional view, but for best overall consistency, 3-way sli is superior over 4-way, not only that, just like other games I have personally tested/tuned, 2-way and 4-way sli modes, while using TAA, your left with shaking anomaly on objects, floors, etc, 3-way sli leaves a slight blur while moving your camera and provides, BUT, overall IQ(Image Quality), 3-way sli is Vastly superior over the other sli modes.

Also in regards about TAA, make "SURE" that your shadow quality setting is turned completely off, TAA+Shadows, doesn't like it under Sli, so try to keep it off if you could, thanks.

Very important, in the Embassy Area, if your saved game is in this area, make sure you face to the ground(While still facing downwards), then go down the steps, right before heading out, move into normal view, failure to do so, your scaling will go down, A technique I learned from the game Echo.

For some reason, in other games I have tuned, 3-way sli mode usually have the best IQ when TAA/TXAA in games when compared to 2-way/4-way sli, Still trying to understand why but this is the reality behind it, I have tested/tuned many games, all coming out the same way, no matter how the bit tuning is going, end results, is pretty much the same.

I have done everything I could in this game.

Just to let everyone know, Under 2045x1536 + TAA vs 4434x2771 + SMAA:

2045x1536 will offer vastly more superior overall AA IQ/alot less shimming then 4k or higher + SMAA, so please be very aware of it.

4-way scales extremely well if under SMAA, overall consistency is very good, sometimes all 4 gpu's might whack down but it will quickly come back.

But overall 3-way sli, hands down for this game, if you want the best overall AA IQ + Overall Sli Consistency,

Still hard at work trying to beef up TAA + 4k++ under 4-way sli, in certain directional views,etc, but I think this is the absolute best your gonna get.

Stay tuned for Final Conclusion, Going to be some time.

Right now, doing alot of game play testing to make sure the overall stability of the game is good, so far, very very good.

Be sure not to miss it. World Exclusive, 4-way sli, Hellpoint.

EDIT:

Went back to 0x00000800 within sli broadcast (DX1x) bits, same as the change I described on this post, I checked it again, loaded embassy area, face facing the ground, down the steps, chin up, same boost as 0x00000200.

Only downfall is that, at times, it will come back down again, its usually right before you enter the embassy, where those huge guardians with cross shield like are at.

Also, when your in this walk path, when coming back to where you once were, you will also notice, scaling does not keep up to par as it once before, unless you go back to the title screen,- re-loaded the game.

I am in the process to see if I can stop this situation from happening.

I also notice that, once you hit specific drag spots, your scaling might go down and will stay there, if TAA is being enabled.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - OVERALL SCALING PERFORMANCE + TAA = 110 % FIXED + STUTTEREING - UPDATE 11/30/20:

Here it is folks, The moment we all been waiting for...

Sorry, not final conclusion just yet, I was still doing finishing touches on the tuning dept.

Everyone, I can now confirm, 110%, as I checked several times over, that, while using TAA, scaling is at its highest its ever been.

Clapping my hands real hard, I hit the nail to the coffin.

I also went to areas/and or certain directional views in certain areas that were hindering the scaling while TAA is in use, safe to say, No problems here, scaling is incredible.

More over, bad thing about using TAA under 4-way, maybe or maybe not, while loading your saved game, you might be left with a image imprint while playing, not to bad but still there, cant do the RE2 Remake/Bright Memory resume technique as shifting to borderless or windows mode while playing the game, well result in a immediate hang/bsod, and a hard reset or power down will be needed, so your pretty much stuck what you got.

3-way = the very best option, as it has no shaky looking anomaly, best overall IQ(Image Quality), but leaves slight blur trail while moving camera.

EDIT: While Under 3-Way Sli, Just double checked on flickering area where there is lights, Mainly in the area called: Observatory and the results: NO ANOMALIES WHATSOEVER. A++

Overall IQ(Image Quality) + Overall Scaling = 3-Way sli, 4-way sli scaling performance = Real Damn Good.

Here it is everyone:

First, open up your nvidia inspector program:

under 1 - compatibility:

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x000007<<~~ This hex, "MUST" be switched to digit 7, Absolutely no exceptions period.

Probably the most under looked Hex in my tuning experience.

This particular hex within that bits, I pretty much usually use Digit 5, sometimes at need be 1 or 9, Tried 7, and it was an absolute game changer.

Next, I did some tuning within the Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits, to see if that help along with the above 7 hex change, nope.

But the Sli Broadcast bits in general can control certain flickering/flashing like light lighted areas, and among other things, it can also drastically effect scaling performance, in this case, nope, I have managed to get some flickering within light lighted areas under control, still there but better.

Very interestingly enough, Perhaps this may help the Scaling problems I been having in EOE(Edge of Eternity), in certain portions of the game, I might go back to that game and see how it will react then, gonna be awhile before I do that, as a reference, Both Hellpoint and EOE uses the Unity Engine.

And finally, STUTTERING...

After the change, I also see Vast improvement in the Stuttering Dept.

However, your Shadows have to keep to a bare min, preferably set to: OFF(Best option under sli), otherwise, Alot of stuttering, especially if shadows is set to ultra, sli does not like it period, and I can not get the stuttering under control + TAA being enabled.

I also checked how stuttering is reacting While texture setting is set to full, and the results:

More or less the same pretty much, but for my final conclusion, I am setting it to Half.

I can not further stress this enough, There is still going to be hitching in this game, some areas will be more or less then other areas, some specific areas, when moving camera left or right, usually in this case is more pronounced.

So now I basically 110% fixed the Scaling performance while TAA is being turned on, I can finally, go in peace to do the Grand Final Conclusion to this game.

In the meantime, Here is an OST, area of the game is called: Observatory(Excellent Sountrack):

Thanks again for reading, stay tuned for final conclusion.

QUICK EDIT:

I will try to test, ALL areas in this game so everyone can be aware of what to expect in the final conclusion.

Currently, These areas gave Excellent scaling performance under 4-way sli while TAA is being enabled, and they are as follows:

Embassy: Excellent Scaling @ 4434x2771

Observatory: Excellent Scaling @ 4434x2771

Arcology: Excellent Scaling @ 4434x2771

Sohn's District: (Beginning portion in this area, before going into the force field, Resolution "MUST" be set @ 5120x3200 to make excellent gpu usage across all 4 gpu's, shortly after the boss in this area, scaling will come back to peak range)

Alma Mater Areas: (Scales good to excellent, still trying to work more on it/Certain areas, needs more beefed up resolution to better accommodate 4 gpu's.).

Port Issoudun: Excellent Scaling @ 4434x2771

ARISEN DOMINION: (Need at least 5120x3200 for scaling to be at its peakest, even @ 5k(3200p), there are some lil weak spots here and there, so for this reason, this area, MUST be set at 5120x3200 for best gpu scaling for 4-way sli, all in all, very good-excellent scaling, small portion of the areas @ 4434x2771 = Excellent scaling.)

IKARI WALKWAYS: (Excellent Scaling,Some sections needs more beefed up resolution to make better use across 4 gpu's, overall @ 4434x2771 = Damn Good.

Just heads up on Sohn's District and Alma Mater areas, Alma Mater, this section, I had to do some more Re-tuning within the Sli Compatiblilty (DX10+DX11) Bits to improve the overall 4-way scaling performance, I then tried using this particular bits for Sohn's District, and guess what, made it worse, so each section would have to be individually fine tuned, bummer, more on this later.

More areas will be thoroughly tested to make sure everything is in good standing.

Be sure to check further updates on this specific Edit area portion of this post, any more changes, I will re-edit, thank you.

EDIT:

Performance testing is now under way.

Please read the latest post to this game for current up to date stats on performance tests.

Test in general is going to be some time, but things are looking very good, just takes time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also doing graph/chart work, I have never even used a program like this before, I kid you all not, I was looking into it.

Here is a snapshot, hope you all like it:

Hellpoint - Embassy 1(Pond) - Static.JPG

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Kozary likes this.

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - URGENT LAST MINUTE UPDATE - 12/4/2020:

I have some very critical update in regards about this game.

It pertains to my Asus Z10PE-D8 WS that I just got back from asus from rma.

Yes, the board does work perfectly but when it comes to hellpoint with this game, Scaling is reduced within some portions of this game.

I later did some bit tuning to see if I can bring it up to speed, no can do.

I later then went back to the board I was originally using: ASROCK EP2C612 WS Rack mobo, and everything went back to normal(Where I had it last), This is with TAA being enabled which in turn if not tuned properly, experience reduced scaling output.

I originally thought: Mobo wouldn't make a difference in this scenario, in hellpoint, yes it did. Games Like Rise of tomb raider = No.

The game is scaling in 4-way sli mode extremely well but only in certain situations with TAA enabled, it doesn't seem to hold up compared to the ASROCK mobo.

To get away with this, I very strongly recommend playing the game at "LEAST" 5120x3200 resolution at a bare min, otherwise your scaling will not be up to par, sorry, no can do with the Asus mobo, Again, I am very shocked on the outcome in regards about this game.

So just be very strongly aware of this, This game is absolutely being fined tune for the Asrock Server rack mobo/GTX 970/RS2 15063.1703 win 10x64 build.

Any changes to that, I will not guarantee that this game will work how I am running it on my side, so be very strongly aware of this situation.

I was extremely shocked on the outcome, Thought it would not make any difference, if so, very minute, Boy I was totally wrong.

I am very hard at work finishing up the final conclusion of this game, check back later, thanks for reading.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - CURRENT STATS ON PERFORMANCE TESTING - UPDATE - 12/7/20:

Final performance testing is taking way longer then expected.

Also, I try to get things done but also got very bad back and such so I can not sit down for to long.

But as promised, everything will be done with complete performance analysis from 1 gpu to 4-way sli.

Far as testing. I am only doing "UP" to 3 static testing per area of the game, so lets say Arcology area, doesn't matter the section of this area, "UP" to 3 static testing and that's it, along with: "UP" to 2 movement patterns in a particular area.

There is one special exceptions to this, if I am doing a 5k(3200p) testing, It will be included on top of the default testing(4434x2771). As some areas calls for more gpu load across 4 gpu's. But for the most part, 4434x2771 scales Excellent!.

I will try to get it done by few days tops, I am currently working on it as we speak, things are looking very very very very good.

Also, in the final conclusion, I will provide a complete graph chart in every area that I have personally tested, static testing and movement pattern testing, never did graph work until now, thinks now its the time to do so, so look for it in the final conclusion, I think everyone who's reading/interested in the results, will be more then happy...

Current area's that are done(Performance testing/Along with Custom Graph Chart):

Static/Idle/No Movement:

Embassy Areas: 3 tests completed: Pond, Great Halls(Outside), Lower Lairs.

Observatory Area(Podium)3 Static tests: #1 Main Platform, #2: 3rd Deck, #3: From Above(Highest Tier)-Looking Down.

Arcology Area(Customs Bridge Area & Underside(Central Mall) Both 4434x2771 & 5120x3200(Customs Bridge) test is complete.

Sohn's District, 1 test completed: Corpse Pit(5120x3200).

Port Issoudun, 2 test completed: #1: Docking Bay(4434x2771), #2: Silos(4434x2771).

Alma Mater Arium: 2 tests completed: #1: Shanty Entrance(Hallway @ 4434x2771), #2: Westward Skybridge @ 4434x2771).

Alma Mater: 1 Test Completed: (Beldevere Area) @ 4434x2771.

Arisen Dominion(Grand Gallery): (COMPLETED) - There will be 2 tests, one @ 4434x2771/1 gpu to 3-way sli and 5340x3337(4-way sli). This area needs more load to fully utilize all 4 gpu's, so this 4434x2771 to 3-way sli is an added bonus.

Ikari Walkways: 1 test completed: (Crashed Tram/Underneath the bridge). Only up to 3-Way Sli was tested as I am having scaling issues anything higher then 3-way sli in this particular area, resolution of choice: 5340x3337, Even then, some weak scaling spots are not fully utilizing 3-way sli, I did the best that I could, so only 3-way sli will be tested in this zone, thank you.

Movement Patterns:

Embassy. 2 Tests completed: #1: Pond area(Lower Lairs), #2: Great Halls(Outside Area).

Observatory Area(Podium). 2 test completed: #1: 1st to 3rd Deck - Back to 1st, #2: Journey to the top platform.

Arcology Area, 2 Area Completed: #1 Custom Bridge/Bridge Area(4434x2771), #2: Underside(Central Mall @ 5340x3371 Resolution).

Sohn's District, 1 Area Completed: Corpse Pit(5120x3200).

Port Issoudun - 2 Area Completed: #1: Docking Bay(4434x2771) & #2: Silos(Down the Chute we go @ 4434x2771.)

ALMA MATER ARIUM: 2 Test Completed: #1: Shanty Entrance(Hallway) @ 4434x2771, #3: Western Skybridge(Between Corridors/Down the steps).

ALMA MATER: 1 Test completed - (Beldevere/Offices Area) @ 4434x2771)

Arisen Dominion(Grand Gallery): (COMPLETED) - There will be 2 tests, one @ 4434x2771/1 gpu to 3-way sli and 5340x3337(4-way sli). This area needs more load to fully utilize all 4 gpu's, so this 4434x2771 to 3-way sli is an added bonus.

Ikari Walkways: 1 test completed: (Crashed Tram/Across the bridge then Underneath the bridge). Only up to 3-Way Sli was tested as I am having scaling issues anything higher then 3-way sli in this particular area, resolution of choice: 5340x3337, Even then, some weak scaling spots are not fully utilizing 3-way sli, I did the best that I could, so only 3-way sli will be tested in this zone, thank you.

Misc Stuff Completed: Game Analysis(Custom Graph Chart), Consisting of: Gpu Temps/Fan Speeds/Power Target %/Frame Buffer % & Over Gpu Utilization.

As you can see, Location: Arcology Area(Underside/Central Mall), Requires very high resolution to best utilize 4 gtx 970's. There are instances were @ 4434x2771 scales beautifully, some spots and depending on directional view, scaling kinda goes down, even @ 5120x3200, scaling was good but looking for more, Highest I would go is 5340x3337 with half textures setting, Works very good. Scaling is now Excellent.

As a side note: Anything higher then 4434x2771, I had to do custom dsr hack as the highest custom resolution is 4434x2771. Custom Resolution = Screen will NOT show massive flashing anomaly while above my native resolution(1600p) whereas with DSR, anything above my native resolution = Massive flashing but still very playable(I do NOT recommend anyone doing this/Testing purposes only).

Playing this game @ str8 4k(3840x2400/16:10 aspect ratio) under 4-way sli, will not be utilizing much, this game "MUST" be played from 4.5k-5.5k to take Real advantage of the 4 gtx 970's.

In the weak scaling areas, this is where 3-way sli shines @ 4434x2771.

My quick personal recommendation here. For someone who's looking to play the game, no b.s, @ 4434x2771, 3-way sli wins absolute hands down, Absolute killer scaling performance, AA quality is vastly more superior(Just slight blur while moving/Some ricochet like effect when moving camera then stop).

Far as Vram, seems like its holding up, might use some more system ram as buffer but it is working. I tried doing higher then 5340x3337, and the gpu performance(1 gpu mode), significantly goes WAY down, so @ 5340x3337 is the most I would ever go with these gpu's at half texture settings(Testing purposes only).

Just heads up to all, I see up 10 fps or slightly over differential while testing 1 gpu to 4-way sli.

For example. If you stand idle on one particular spot, on 2-way sli, it says 35, in reality it should be well over 40, there is several ways to help beef this up(Once all nvidia inspector tuning is completed).

You can fall from a tall height, etc, this will make your spawn cease, once the area is re-loaded, you might have improved performance(This technique will also help graphic anomaly when sli is in use).

Another technique, is right when you load up the game, quickly look all the way up or down, till you get the most fps, stay there for a bit until you see more fps, go back to that spot you originally tested, it should improve a bit, if not, log off the game, re-launch the game and try it again, might take couple of tries.

And one last thing while I am testing which is very annoying, is the hitching..

While doing movement pattern, I try to get the best fps as possible from 1 gpu to 4-way sli, and try to keep the hitching to a bare minimum while doing my performance testing, some testing I can not get rid of it, to strong, again, hitching also pertains to 1 gpu, even if the resolution is cranked so low and its graphic settings, doesn't matter.

For those(Very minute people) running @ native 6k, should have absolutely no problems with the flashing as my testing is underneath 6k.

Please only check this post to see if more areas are done, this will keep people up to date on where I am on it, as before, I am now currently working on the performance testing as we speak, Need to get this game done asap so I can move on to RE3 remake(Game I was once doing).

EDIT ON 12/10/20:

Game performance test will be done today, I'll try to get everything ready for the final conclusion way later in the day, so check back often, this is a full report that you all don't want to miss, thanks.

EDIT IN 12/10/20:

All test is completed and all custom graph charts are all done. Standby for results.
    Check back sometime tomorrow, final conclusion will be up then.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    HELLPOINT - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - FINAL CONCLUSION - 12/11/20:

Final Conclusion is moved to the latest post, thank you.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Nice work and thank you for the updates. Can you run Cyberpunk 2077 and let us know how it performs in 4x way sli ? Thank you.

20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Cyberpunk is a DX12 = No can do.

Vulkan/DX12 API = 2-way sli only.

If there is a way to run it on DX11 then perhaps but to early to tell.

I did some tuning for rise of tomb raider under dx12, any minute bit tuning = Game will not start.

I also downloaded a program from microsoft(DXGI) which emulates DX12 to DX11, I tried that with ROTR under DX12, does not work period.

I am working on my final conclusion to Hellpoint, so going to be very busy for a bit. Thanks for the reply.

There has been a workaround on death stranding to run it at DX11, from what I understand, people said it works, I myself never tried it but I will later, if you can, please try not to post any comments until my final conclusion to hellpoint is finished, thanks.

EDIT ON 12/16/20:

Here's a link to the DX11 Death Stranding Video"

there is a link on the video to get the DX11 files(2 files), needed to replace them within the Death Stranding folder, judging on the comments, seems to be working, as before, me personally?, Never tried it, I will in the future.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    chispy likes this.