Extended black screen waiting to load windows // FIXED

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by nighty, Sep 2, 2008.

1. nighty

nighty Member

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 512
    Extended black screen waiting to load windows w-g15 // FIXED

This is for people with a logitech g15 keyboard and windows vista. People with this keyboard will have a long delayed black screen just before entering windows. I have a found a fix for this it is very simple to fix, and you will now notice no delay in the transition between windows loading and windows desktop screen.

First open Device Manager, then goto View and change it to Devices by Connection. Then follow the tabs from x32/x64 PC to PCI Buss then in One of your USB Host Controllers will a tab called Generic USB Hub then goto into USB Human Interface Device, there should be two items inside there HID Keyboard, HID complaint, you need to right click on the HID Keyboard Device and Update Driver software, click Browse your computer then Let me Pick then pick HID-complaint Device then you should have two HID-complaint Device in that tab and now its done, restart and notice the difference. hope this helps

[​IMG]

thanks.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  2. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    Excellent... that pause with no hard drive activity really annoys me when trying to do some testing and i'm constantly rebooting
    Occasionally it would just boot, but 9 times out of 10, there was a large pause before the startup sound and the desktop appearing.
    I've just tried your fix in Vista Ult. x64 and have rebooted 3 times so far with no pauses yet, thank you :)

3. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    Thank u very much for this, no more extended black screens :)

4. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 TI SC2
    I really didn't notice any difference but thanks for the information.

5. gangstaunitg

gangstaunitg Member

GPU:
    Saphire HD 5870 @980/1300
    Thank you very much for that. I was so angry about it, and now the delay disappear. You are a genius, I spent a lot of time to solve this problem and also about 10 reinstalls of windows.

You have to tell it to everyone, I know that there are tousands of ppl with this issue

THANKS AGAIN.

6. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    same here fixed thanks.

7. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 GXT
    Seriously THANK YOU. That has been pissing me off for SO LONG!

8. Phil Pendlebury

Phil Pendlebury Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280 1GB PCIE SC
    About to reboot after doing this. If it works the beers are on me! That has been peeing me off for months.

Do you mind me asking how you found this fix?

(Hope it works)...

9. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Logitech drivers and support, oh the joy of it! ;)
    Thanks nighty.

10. gangstaunitg

gangstaunitg Member

GPU:
    Saphire HD 5870 @980/1300
    I asked LOGITECH SUPPORT CENTRE about it, they talk the bull**** like disconnect your keybord a connect again a other such a stupid ideas, that I have wrong USB chpset on my MB. I almost buy new MB, lol

I would like to know where you find a fix for that too. I am sure it was not from Logitech

11. nighty

nighty Member

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 512
  12. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I had to plug the mouse PS2 connection and the USB plug in to get SetPoint to work properly. I might of had to reinstall the drivers once I did that too. Only way the receiver works properly for me in both XP and Vista.

- edit

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  13. xD.FaTaL

xD.FaTaL Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 280
    ****ing awesome. THANK GOD. Annoyed the **** outta me.

be careful though when making these changes. There are 2 USB human interface device drop downs and both have HID... dont update the wrong one or your keyboard wont work... i had to do a quick restore to get it working again.

14. Phil Pendlebury

Phil Pendlebury Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280 1GB PCIE SC
    I would like to warn people NOT to do this fix. Or at least take a good note and check your G keys in all your important apps before "forgetting" about it.

To be honest, I didn't notice any improvement anyway but aside from that, after doing this some of my G Keys refused to work properly.

Very odd. For example I had G4 key set to send F3 and it would not send it in certain applications. (Apps that had worked before).

I didn't really suspect this fix to be the cause (because it only affected some keys) until just now I reversed the process by setting the driver back to hid keyboard...

Voila! All G Keys working again.

I am on Vista 64 and all latest drivers and updates btw.

PS. I did not do the "wrong" one :)

15. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    My "G keys" are still working, but it didn't change anything (faster boot) for me either... :frown:

16. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    I remember trying to get my keyboard to work properly the same way with installing HID drivers manually, but I found sometimes it didn't work. I have SetPoint 2.40 on XP x86 and they work fine with Game Detection and Hot Keys, though I think I have SetPoint 4.60 for Vista x86. The only way the keyboard and mouse work properly though is if both the green PS2 connector (mouse) and the USB connector for the receiver are plugged in. I said keyboard PS2 connector in earlier post, my bad, I just checked with the torch and that sucker is green not purple.

This is assuming you also have a wireless logitech mouse with a PS2 connector on the receiver but it may help if you don't. Uninstall keyboard and mouse drivers and reboot into Vista, then shutdown Vista (this makes sure old driver files are removed). Then plug in PS2 connector for mouse receiver (if you have one, otherwise use USB) and plug the USB connector for keyboard in a different slot than before if possible. Sometimes moving USB slots seems to help and you can plug it back into the old slot once it works if you like. Make sure USB Keyboard & Mouse Support are enabled in BIOS and any Legacy Keboard & Mouse Support options are enabled too if you have them. Boot Vista and install drivers for keyboard and mouse.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  17. RanCor TDO

RanCor TDO Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1080 GameRock
    this worked great for me, thanks for the info

18. xD.FaTaL

xD.FaTaL Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Can an admin please sticky this? this fix does work and is a problem for almost everyone using Vista w/ logitech keyboard or mouse.

19. rapier

rapier Member Guru

GPU:
    Two xfx 7950 GX2 SLI Mode
    Fantastic - Thank you.
    Do you realise, how many threads have been written in various BBs about this bug?
    Nobody found the common hardware within all those complaints - untill now!
    The Keyboard/Mouse it was.

20. Insomniac73

Insomniac73 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I want to have your babies...!!
    Seriously, you cant imagine how many hours I've been searching for the cause of this delay. I would never have imagined it was this. Oh the frustration...
    Thank you