Export and Share curve OC profiles for MSI AB (suggestion)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by iNerd, Jan 28, 2023.

1. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Hi,

i was searching on this forum part to see if there was already discussion about this subject but couldnt find it.

Is it possible to implement a "Curve OC Export / Import" feature? This feature would give possibility to MSI AB users to create profiles for diff applications / games / workloads and so on. Also users not good at optimazing GPU-s with Curve a possibility to OC or Undervolt / optimize their GPU-s.

With notes like:
    - Use at your own risk
    ^ because not all of us have same type of systems / setups

I believe there would be less risk with this feature than when someone starts to play with curve and all these settings without enough knowhow :)

If this was discussed already then just lock the thread and post the thread link.

Thanks for feedbacks in advance.

Br
    Dali

BAZOKA1942 likes this.
  2. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    not a good idea, as the curve you set it very specific to that exact piece of silicon, as well as it is not static it is dynamic depending on a ton of different variables. curve editing is an advanced user settings in my opinion for a reason.

Andy_K likes this.
  3. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    i understand your point of view. But why is there an option under first settings tab on the top which allows us to synchronize the settings for the „similar“ graphic cards?
    in that case the common point is the system / the build around the gpus but not the gpu vendor or the silicon quality, right?
    for example:
    you run 3080ti asus strix oc in your system and if i plug my evga 3080 ti ftw3 ultra in your system, this option should allow my gpu to run with same settings / profiles like your strix oc if i understand this option correct?

4. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    You're not.

upload_2023-1-29_12-20-9.png

When you have more than one graphics card installed in your system (back in the days of SLI) with identical GPU (same vendor, same model same GPU chip) you can apply OC settings from the main screen to both of them at the same time.
    This has nothing to do with OC scanner and OC curves. OC curve is not even on the main UI window, it is it's own and oc scanner is even an external application... wtf?!?

iNerd likes this.

5. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    @Andy_K no need for wtf-s... :D
    I understand now the meaning of "similar".

My bad since obvious i only read the first part and not the rest.
    Thanks for detailed explanation.

But again - how bad would it be to test this as a feature and start with community members with similar setups?
    for example: AMD 5900x / same GPU model maybe diff vendor / cooling: AIO and stuff all that stuff.
    If you can save a profile then there just need an export/import feature added to support this?

update:
    i just checked the folder: Profiles for the first time... what would happened if i would
    replace the "VFCurve= Value" with one from a user with similar setup and same gpu type?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  6. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    @iNerd i dunno how to say this in other words.
    For the oc curve it is not about the same vendor not even the same GPU it is that specific piece of silicone. Each one has it's own limits and the oc scanner is checking that specific one for it's own limits. And even the oc scanner can get different results from one pass to another (depending on various conditions,like fresh cold start vs. 12hrs of gaming, ambient temperature, air humidity, etc. etc.). So it is a big NO to copy the values of an oc curve fro one gpu to another.

BAZOKA1942 likes this.
  7. DonStanislao

DonStanislao New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3050 Ti laptop
    It would be nice though to export the curve and reimport it after OS reinstall, for example.

iNerd likes this.
  8. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Thank you. Now my request at least makes more sense! but again we still have possibility to move profile files and replace them on new build i guess?
    or would this not work? i never tried it

BAZOKA1942 likes this.
  9. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    hi i have palit 3080ti flashed with msi suprim bios so how to make profile work after flashing as its the same card id copy curve text from profile or .... !?

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You went through the hassle of flashing a different vendor's BIOS to your card so surely re-doing the OC curve is not a bother, which you should do anyway now because you have a different BIOS = different conditions.

Andy_K likes this.