Exiting News for you ATI Fans

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by blkspade, Apr 1, 2005.

1. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
    I'm not an ATI owner or fan but this should be worth everyone wile. 32 Pipes!!

2. PinBot

PinBot Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870 1gb
    It sounds so futuristic to me, if you look to those bold phrases, there is no realistic showcase when and if this will be ever implemented. Prediction could've sound like this: future graphic cards will have 128 pipelines and GPU clock of 5 GHz when market demands it. Sounds rather childlish. :D

But thanks for the info anyway blkspade.:)

3. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    exiting? perhaps exciting. You might also want to mention that this is the next gen card you are talking about. I still think it's only gonna be 24 pipes like many of the other sources say, though.

4. Agent_D

Agent_D Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII

5. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    Why would ATI waste their time with AGP & PCI? Granted, PCI-Express is a new technology and won't be embraced by all for another year or so, but come on, it's time to move on.

Also, I'm excited about this 32 pipe card. Although I know we won't be seeing these for a while it's good to know that ATI isn't out of the game yet.

6. Nerdling1

Nerdling1 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6600 GT PCI-E 555/1110
    Its called evolution.....Which is why im going out to by a 9800 Pro and flash to XT(i hope) Put new ram sinks and VF700, and OC the Snot out of it.

Buy older technology...and just push it hard. You come close to new performance with higher clock speeds and new drivers.

7. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    overkill, no cpu will be fast enough to realize the card's potential.

8. Muppetmower

Muppetmower Member

Even if it comes out in a two years tops, I don't even think it will be the most affordable solution to gaming. OOOOOOO I can just think of it now, budget cards with 16 - 24 midrange card pipelines!!!!!!! Damn!

9. penguino

penguino Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 6800 LE 128 MB || 19" LG 915F
    April joke?

10. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    lol, go the third page and see their increbibly bad atempt to photoshop a dual GPU ati card

they even put two molexes behind each other so one cant be used, under the second gpu you can still see the AGP slot notch in the card, the first one of this GPU was covered by some general agp interface smd components, which have no use sitting at the edge of the card

and id like to see the system that can crabk out hl2 at 270 FPS cpu wise, the reason the 6800GT sli only performs 10% better then a single GT is cpu bottlenecking

still a funny attempt