Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 31, 2014.
I don`t believe the $400-450 MSRP price 1 bit. Regardless I expect it to be faster than my cards. Hopefully the memory clock will be 8000 or higher with that 256 bit bus.
So what will be higher than this card? I want the full cream version of what ever is coming then buy 2!
Probably a Ti 8gb version from a 3rd party vendor. Hopefully MSI. wink wink
Well the reason i ask is because people usually say something along the lines of i want the full GM(insert number here). I never know which chip is the full version and which ones are they cut down versions.
I always let the series mature before buying anyway.
It's ok to buy straight away of course but the cards will get faster and improved over a few months.
I only ever buy 60s or 70s because the life of these cards is getting smaller and smaller all the time it seems.
24" Dell Ulti 1920 x1200 I paid quite a bit of money for this monitor and i still love it.
I'll get UHD one day but for now i can game good enough.
Might be time to sell my cards
Might grab one!
Might be my next card
I got the 780 ti`s so I can skip this series. The big daddy maxwell will rock. thats sometime next year I recon.
I'll probably snag the 870 if the 880 will be that much.
It should be a very power efficient card.
I think most that currently own Titan, 780/Ti, are better to wait for the 900 series.
Seems they're doing what they did with 600 series, except this time we know what is going on. 800 series is really a "mid range" Maxwell card. High end is going to be the 9-series.
What the...? So soon? nVIDIA what are you doing?
nVIDIA's response: Making Dat $$$$$$$$$$$$
Being cheaper now means, reference boards at $500 starting cash, 880Ti going for $550 or $600 for reference boards at the minimum, custom coolers for $650... where did it get any cheaper, besides maybe the power you save from the cards efficiency?
And that I would most likely invest in even more voltage to add to overclock the sh*t out of those cards
Also, let's all wait for true performance benchmarks... I'm not yet sure the 880 will even be a usefull upgrade.
Announcement, but does that mean it'll be available immediately?
Why dont we wait until the "xxxx" game sees the daylight and we check how it performs on our current hardware before we let Nvidia rape us again? I´m pretty confident that I could play GTA V and the newest Batman game just fine with my CPU/GPU combo. I can wait another year for GTX980Ti
Will be interesting to see how this fares. My next card is tho something with 22nm or whatever is next. Cause 290x is fine and dandy