Exclusive: DirectX 12 Will Allow Multi-GPU Between GeForce And Radeon

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by pbvider, Feb 24, 2015.

1. CybrSage

CybrSage Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 560Ti
    Looks at my video card, looks back at you, looks at my video card again, shakes my head in amazement...

2. CybrSage

CybrSage Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 560Ti
    Don't you mean 3.5 + 4 = 7.5? ;)

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970

Means nothing, since when was it not allowed to hate the company that makes something you own?

4. CybrSage

CybrSage Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 560Ti
    Come on, even you know you are reaching deep and failing here. Quit while you are behind and with a smidgen of dignity left.
    :whip:

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    How about we all stop before I hand out infractions.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

You're the one attributing human emotions to a company

7. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    If this is true, it's the holy grail. Pairing AMD and NVidia would be a bit exotic, but nearly everyone has an Intel GPU in their machines that just idles around. And if NVidia block this driverside, it will be hacked. Just like their SLI was hacked. I'm typing this on my secondary PC, which by NVidia's decree shouldn't be able to run SLI, because the chipset isn't certified. Still it does that just fine with two GTX460, and it's a painless 30 second action to reenable SLI with every new driver. I'm very much a rebel mind when it comes to arbitrary limitations that have no technical need whatsoever.

8. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Depends on what cards you are looking at.

If its the gtx 970 then yes you are correct. If it is another card other than the 970 such as a 980 or a 390x then it would be 4+4=8gb.

9. CybrSage

CybrSage Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 560Ti
    I know, but it was too good to pass up. :)

I am looking forward to seeing how NVidia explains it when / if they block the ability of their video cards to work with other cards after Microsoft makes it possible to do so.

I would rather they not prevent it from working, but most people here seem to think they will do it. :(

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    It's in NVidia's nature to prevent such things from working properly. NVidia was anti-Hydra as well. LucidLogix's Hydra allowed AMD and NVidia cards to work together in multi-GPU configurations. Unfortunately, it tended to provide negative scaling in most cases.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That isn't an answer, please explain??

My point was that the best people to complain about a company are the people who used products from that company, i have no idea why you would think differently.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    If this thing really works then hats off to MS, it will also eliminate any anti Nv or anti Amd bs that's been going on since the beginning lol :thumbup:

I guess DirectX12 api is bulletproof and it doesn't matter if they're completely different brands, ps5.0 is the same by both and both use similar approach, Amd since GCN.

Also both with near direct access hw level, so theoretically driver won't be problematic anymore, once its written properly it works, like by Mantle.