Excellent Utility

Discussion in 'nVHardPage' started by TheDigitalJedi, Jul 18, 2003.

1. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm using this utility and I am very happy with the visual results. To be truthfully honest, some of the options I enabled in OpenGL and Direct3d are alien to me. I'm not sure what they accomplish but my games look more detailed so I'm happy. :) I'll be sure to educate myself and ask questions.

I did notice something that might be a flaw. The clock frequencies within the utility has the wrong speeds for the 256mb FX 5900 Ultra. The 2D performance option at 300/850 is correct but the 3D performance option at 300/850 is incorrect.

Most manufactured FX Ultra's 3D performance clocks 450/850 at default. If someone were to increase the 3D clock speed to 450 within the NVHardpage utility, it would actually increase the core clock frequency to 600. This is because the core clock speed for most FX Ultras is 450. It seems that NVHardpage does not recognize the correct 3D performance clock frequency of the 5900 FX Ultra.

If someone were to increase the core clock freqency to 450 because they think they're changing it to default, they're not. This could actually cause the GPU to overheat and may cause damage to the video card.

Is there a way to have the correct clock speeds within this utility?

By enabling all the options within Direct3D and OpenGL to max setting, will this cause problems with my video card? My games look wonderful and so far I haven't had any problems.

Thanks again for taking the time to create this utility. I am enjoying the pleasures of your innovations.

2. Matuus

Matuus Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB GDDR3
    Hi and thanxxx,

I am love if peoples are happy when using my program.

To problem with nVHardPage and FX 5900 Ultra: yes, nVHardPage have problems with adjusting and detecting clock speed for 3D with FX cards, but I working on fix for this problem (its little hard testing it, because I dont have at this time FX 5800/5900 card).

If you set all options to max, its OK, nothing dangerous happends :).

3. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thank you for the reply and a bigger thanks for your hard work. Your utility works wonders with my video card. :)